Replicator-based technology
Posted: December 29th, 2022, 8:58 am
(Yep, this is The One Replicator Thread To Rule Them All. For previous, rather short-lived threads on this matter, see viewtopic.php?p=153774 and viewtopic.php?p=123679. )
Anyway, I've come with a new tool for constructing replicator-based oscillators and spaceships, that is Rule:FeynmanDiagramGen. (Disclaimer: it only works for 1D replicators following Rule 90. Whenever I talk about Rule 90, I assume a parity-constrained pattern. )
Oscillator
Pick any even number p and I'll construct an oscillator in bounded grid (specifically the :Px,y flavor) Rule 90 with period p.
For example, take p=8. Then draw a 2x8 rectangle like so:
And run it until it repeats. The repeating component is:
This is the so-called Feynman diagram (hence the rule name) for the p8 oscillator -- which is basically the phases of the oscillator laid down vertically. Transcribing the result into a rule such as B2ae/S gives:
The second column can actually be pretty much anything (so far as it's parity-constrained); the only restriction is that the first column is empty and the second column does not have some subperiod (with respect to space).
Spaceship
Given two number k and p, such that k/p<=1/3, and k+p is even, I'll construct a kc/p spaceship.
To illustrate this with an example, take k=2, p=8. We can construct a "strip" in a :T10000-k,p torus as follows:
The restriction to the stripe is that a) it must consist of k rectangles, b) each of which has width 2 and only the lower-right cell is state 4, and c) each rectangle must have length of at least 3.
Running that, we see the repeating component is:
Transcribing the result:
Very easy!
Anyway, I've come with a new tool for constructing replicator-based oscillators and spaceships, that is Rule:FeynmanDiagramGen. (Disclaimer: it only works for 1D replicators following Rule 90. Whenever I talk about Rule 90, I assume a parity-constrained pattern. )
Oscillator
Pick any even number p and I'll construct an oscillator in bounded grid (specifically the :Px,y flavor) Rule 90 with period p.
For example, take p=8. Then draw a 2x8 rectangle like so:
Code: Select all
x = 2, y = 8, rule = FeynmanDiagramGen:T0,8
2C$2C$2C$2C$2C$2C$2C$CD!
Code: Select all
x = 13, y = 8, rule = FeynmanDiagramGen:T0,8
8AB4A$7ABAB3A$6AB3AB2A$5ABABABABA$4AB8A$3ABAB7A$2AB3AB6A$ABABABAB5A!
Code: Select all
x = 17, y = 2, rule = B2ae/S
o9bo4bo$bo8bo5bo!
Spaceship
Given two number k and p, such that k/p<=1/3, and k+p is even, I'll construct a kc/p spaceship.
To illustrate this with an example, take k=2, p=8. We can construct a "strip" in a :T10000-k,p torus as follows:
Code: Select all
x = 3, y = 8, rule = FeynmanDiagramGen:T1000-2,8
2C$2C$2C$2C$CD$.2C$.2C$.CD!
[[ ZOOM 25 ]]
Running that, we see the repeating component is:
Code: Select all
x = 55, y = 8, rule = FeynmanDiagramGen:T1000-2,8
5ABAB3AB3ABAB5ABAB5AB3AB3AB5ABABABAB3A$4AB3ABABABAB3AB3AB3AB3ABABABAB
ABAB3AB7AB2A$3ABABAB7ABABABABABABABAB11ABABAB5ABABA$2AB5AB5AB15AB9AB
5AB3AB4A$ABAB3ABAB3ABAB13ABAB7ABAB3ABABABAB3A$.3ABAB3ABAB3AB11AB3AB5A
B3ABAB7AB2A$.2AB3ABAB3ABABAB9ABABABAB3ABABAB3AB5ABABA$.ABABAB3ABAB5AB
7AB7ABAB5ABABAB3AB3AB!
[[ ZOOM 9 ]]
Code: Select all
x = 56, y = 3, rule = B2c3a6ac7e/S1e2cik3ejnr4i
2b53o$bo4bobo3bo3bobo5bobo5bo3bo3bo5bobobobo2bo$55o!