MCell Weighted Life (Patterns and Rules)
Posted: July 20th, 2012, 7:09 pm
This thread is for posting new patterns using MCell's Weighted Life rules, and close variants of those rules. The Weighted Life algorithm and the rules themselves are described here: http://www.mirekw.com/ca/rullex_wlif.html
As far as I know, the only previously posted collections for these rules are here:
http://www.mirekw.com/ca/download.html
If anyone knows of other pattern collections, please share.
For Golly users, I've just posted a script in the scripts forum which converts Weighted Life rules into Ruletrees, but no need to use it if you want to stick to MCell's original rules - I'm posting (almost) all of MCell's Weighted Life rules here as ruletrees and/or ruletables:
The above files can be unzipped and placed in Golly's rule folder. (It is best to use the folder selected in Golly's preferences, rather than in the rules folder that comes with each Golly version.)
It was very easy to make these trees and tables using the make-ruletree.py script and the related make-ruletable.cpp program --- thanks Andrew Trevorrow and Tomas Rokicki!
As far as I know, the only previously posted collections for these rules are here:
http://www.mirekw.com/ca/download.html
If anyone knows of other pattern collections, please share.
For Golly users, I've just posted a script in the scripts forum which converts Weighted Life rules into Ruletrees, but no need to use it if you want to stick to MCell's original rules - I'm posting (almost) all of MCell's Weighted Life rules here as ruletrees and/or ruletables:
The above files can be unzipped and placed in Golly's rule folder. (It is best to use the folder selected in Golly's preferences, rather than in the rules folder that comes with each Golly version.)
It was very easy to make these trees and tables using the make-ruletree.py script and the related make-ruletable.cpp program --- thanks Andrew Trevorrow and Tomas Rokicki!