Page 1 of 1

a short question

Posted: April 12th, 2012, 2:28 am
by genarojm
Do you now where I could find a differential equation representation of the GoL evolution rule?

Thanks,
Genaro

Re: a short question

Posted: April 12th, 2012, 3:24 pm
by Wojowu
I'm not good at differential equations, but as far as I know Life rule would be hard to represent as differential equation, as it bases on discrete values. Most differential equations are used in systems with continuum of states, time and/or space, but I can be wrong

Re: a short question

Posted: April 13th, 2012, 10:02 pm
by genarojm
Dear Wojowu ,

Yes, fortunately a friend comment me about a paper relating GoL as a CNN, wrote for Leon Chua several years ago.

Some novel capabilities of CNN: game of life and examples of multipath algorithms
Leon Chua, 1992.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleD ... f+life+CNN

Thank you,
Genaro