Pasting patterns with other rules in Golly

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
Post Reply
Ntsimp
Posts: 46
Joined: June 8th, 2010, 9:11 am

Pasting patterns with other rules in Golly

Post by Ntsimp »

I'm running Golly 2.2 in Linux. I've found that pasting patterns doesn't change the rule. I think in some earlier versions it did. Is this intended behavior, a setting I need to find and change, or a bug?
User avatar
Andrew
Moderator
Posts: 1049
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 2:08 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Pasting patterns with other rules in Golly

Post by Andrew »

You can specify whether or not the rule should be changed in Preferences > Edit.

If you want to load in a clipboard pattern then it's quicker just to select Open Clipboard from the File menu (I use shift-O as a keyboard shortcut for doing that).
Use Glu or Glui to explore CA rules on non-periodic tilings: DominoLife and HatLife
Post Reply