Automaton rule 30 pattern

For discussion of other cellular automata.
Post Reply
Azhat
Posts: 1
Joined: September 27th, 2026, 6:17 pm

Automaton rule 30 pattern

Post by Azhat »

1

add non stationary 0

00100


Then divide to 3 digit each

00100
^^^
001

001100
__^^^
The carrot point to 011

001100
___^^^
The carrot point to 110

001100
____^^^
The carrot point to 100

001,010,100
then add value to each 3 digit,because the digit is 3 so the value is 3 so x=3 f(x)=x-1,stop in x=1



001:
321

the 0 occupy 3&2 value so
"0"=3+2=5
the 1 occupy 1 value
"1"=1

The first digit is 0 so "0"≥"1",5≥1=1



010:
321

"0"=3+1=4
"1"=2
"0"≥"1"=correct=1



100:
321

"1"=3
"0"=3
"1"≥"0" because 1 is the first digit,3≥3=correct=1



Then sum 1,1,1 so the next row is 111



For row 3

0011100



001:
321

"0"=5
"1"=1
"0"≥"1"=1(first digit is 0 so "0"≥"1")



011:
321

"0"=3
"1"=3
3≥3=1



111:
321

there's only 1 and no 0 so the result is 0



110:
321

"1"=3
"0"=1
"1"≥"0"=0(first digit is 1 so "1">"0")



100:
321

"1"=3
"0"=3
3≥3=1



So 1,1,0,0,1=11001



The result is

1

111

11001

Which match the rule 30
User avatar
ThePlayzr
Posts: 824
Joined: April 19th, 2025, 1:33 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Automaton rule 30 pattern

Post by ThePlayzr »

Azhat wrote: September 27th, 2026, 6:22 pm Which match the rule 30
Hello and welcome to the forums!
I think you need to be a bit more descriptive, I have no idea what you are talking about :oops:
I would recommend looking at Isotropic non-totalistic rule for how to make isotropic rules, as they are a good place to start on CGoL.
Please visit my rules (found on my wiki page) and contribute!
User:ThePlayzr
I have LLS and qfind.
Working on a jslife-like Travelling Ts pattern collection.
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2276
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: Automaton rule 30 pattern

Post by hotdogPi »

ThePlayzr wrote: September 28th, 2026, 5:09 am
Azhat wrote: September 27th, 2026, 6:22 pm Which match the rule 30
Hello and welcome to the forums!
I think you need to be a bit more descriptive, I have no idea what you are talking about :oops:
I would recommend looking at Isotropic non-totalistic rule for how to make isotropic rules, as they are a good place to start on CGoL.
I feel like this might not be a good suggestion given this particular first post — isotropic non-totalistic rules are a lot more complicated than Rule 30, a one-dimensional Wolfram rule.

The post formatting leaves a bit to be desired, but I believe it's understandable to those familiar with the syntax.
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
Post Reply