Page 1 of 1
Static Life
Posted: August 21st, 2026, 2:47 am
by SomeRandomGuy15
In Conway's Game of Life, each cell has 8 neighbors, but what if they had 4 on each side? Then you get "Static Life" which I've named.
https://ncase.me/sim/?lz=N4IgtgpgLghiBc ... mlAUUAglQA
This long URL links to the simulation, but is there a way to make the simulation on bigger boards? I don't know how to.
Also I've made some search in this simulation and made a whole word document, how can I post it?
Re: Static Life
Posted: August 21st, 2026, 3:31 am
by H. H. P. M. P. Cole
SomeRandomGuy15 wrote: August 21st, 2026, 2:47 am
In Conway's Game of Life, each cell has 8 neighbors, but what if they had 4 on each side? Then you get "Static Life" which I've named.
https://ncase.me/sim/?lz=N4IgtgpgLghiBc ... mlAUUAglQA
This long URL links to the simulation, but is there a way to make the simulation on bigger boards? I don't know how to.
Also I've made some search in this simulation and made a whole word document, how can I post it?
Welcome to the forums!
This rule is called B3/S23V (where V stands for Von Neumann neighbourhood):
Code: Select all
x = 1, y = 1, rule = B3/S23V
!
[[ RANDOMIZE ]]
Re: Static Life
Posted: August 29th, 2026, 4:06 pm
by I6_I6
SomeRandomGuy15 wrote: August 21st, 2026, 2:47 am
In Conway's Game of Life, each cell has 8 neighbors, but what if they had 4 on each side? Then you get "Static Life" which I've named.
https://ncase.me/sim/?lz=N4IgtgpgLghiBc ... mlAUUAglQA
This long URL links to the simulation, but is there a way to make the simulation on bigger boards? I don't know how to.
Also I've made some search in this simulation and made a whole word document, how can I post it?
Hold up. Wait a minute. Are you Nicky Case???

Re: Static Life
Posted: August 30th, 2026, 4:21 am
by SomeRandomGuy15
Uh, No? I'm just some random guy (literally) using her website.
Re: Static Life
Posted: August 30th, 2026, 4:40 am
by I6_I6
SomeRandomGuy15 wrote: August 30th, 2026, 4:21 am
Uh, No? I'm just some random guy (literally) using her website.
Nvm then! I thought you coded that website or something
