Page 1 of 1

Signature Spamdexing on Forums

Posted: July 15th, 2026, 5:02 am
by NNlk05
There's an influx of new users with usernames of the format FirstnameInitalLastname that creates a (half)legit-sounding thread in the Sandbox,
then a few day after change their signature to be an ad:

JoyceJMcRae (#4097)
JoyceJMcRae wrote: July 12th, 2026, 11:12 am Title: What's Your Favorite OCA?
Hello

I'm looking to discover more OCAs and would love some recommendations.

Can you name one OCA that you enjoy and briefly say why you like it?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
JoyceJMcRae wrote: - JoyceJMcRae - Every battle in war the knights [Link REDACTED by NNlk05] feels challenging and rewarding.

KatieGChristie (#4093)
KatieGChristie wrote: July 9th, 2026, 4:40 am Title: Creating a Seamless Penrose Pattern
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a Penrose kite and dart pattern and would like to make it seamless for use as a texture. Does anyone know a good method or software for creating clean, high-resolution seamless images?

Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :roll:
KatieGChristie wrote: KatieGChristie - survival race [Link REDACTED by NNlk05] :lol:
DioneTDavis (#4090)
DioneTDavis wrote: July 7th, 2026, 10:16 am Title: How Do You Come Up with Good City Names? (Later merged into Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions)
Hello
I'm creating a fictional world and I'm having trouble naming one of my main cities. I want the name to feel unique and match the city's atmosphere, but every idea I've tried sounds either too generic or doesn't fit the setting.

How do you usually come up with memorable city names? Do you base them on real languages, historical influences, or just combine words until something feels right?

I'd love to hear your naming tips or creative process. Thanks!
DioneTDavis wrote: Edit by :lol: geometry slope [Link REDACTED by NNlk05] a day ago
Even if I said:
NNlk05 wrote: July 9th, 2026, 8:15 am
Citation needed wrote: July 9th, 2026, 8:05 am I noticed that a spammer (possibly DeepSeek) has created a copycat of this thread.
I don’t think they is a LLM/s(p|c)amer.
EDIT 2026-7-21:
HarrietteGFletcher (#4111)
HarrietteGFletcher wrote: July 20th, 2026, 5:11 am This post was originally in its own thread in the Sandbox. I banned the user because it's pretty clear it's https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7329. --hotdogPi
Title: Does Still Life Work Together?
Hi everyone,

I've been experimenting with Still Life and was wondering how well it works alongside Structure, Mob, Crop, and other gameplay features.

Has anyone tested these combinations in different situations? Do they work smoothly together, or are there any conflicts or unexpected behaviors?

I'd love to hear your experiences and any tips you might have before I spend more time experimenting.

Thank you so much! :)
Its clear now this is not the case, we're getting attacked by a LLM-based spambots that are very convincing up until the point they post the spam link. I am fooled my then in all three times.
What should we do?

Re: Signature Spamdexing on Forums

Posted: August 9th, 2026, 11:10 am
by unname4798
Why is "Spam signature removed" black?

Re: Signature Spamdexing on Forums

Posted: August 9th, 2026, 12:42 pm
by Katrina
NNlk05 wrote: July 15th, 2026, 5:02 am Its clear now this is not the case, we're getting attacked by a LLM-based spambots that are very convincing up until the point they post the spam link. I am fooled my then in all three times.
I wouldn't be fooled if it said "I've been experimenting with Still Life and was wondering how well it works alongside Structure, Mob, Crop, and other gameplay features."
This isn't Minecraft :roll:

Re: Signature Spamdexing on Forums

Posted: August 10th, 2026, 4:56 am
by NNlk05
I think the LLM saw the Minecraft thread first.

Re: Signature Spamdexing on Forums

Posted: September 4th, 2026, 5:41 pm
by MDA
I’m not entirely sure, but I think that this user might also be one, with an equally suspicious signature:
christinagon wrote: Last edited by geometry dash online

Suspicious URL removed.

Re: Signature Spamdexing on Forums

Posted: October 1st, 2026, 10:40 am
by NNlk05
Brian Crowley wrote: October 1st, 2026, 5:20 am This is a really interesting project for anyone who enjoys Conway’s Game of Life and browser-based experimentation. A GPU-accelerated Life player sounds particularly useful for exploring larger or more complex patterns while keeping the experience accessible directly in a browser. I also like that the author is actively asking for feedback, since community testing can reveal practical improvements that might not be obvious during development. Projects like this show how a classic cellular automaton can still inspire new technical experiments decades after its creation. After exploring the project, a quick round of geometry dash sounds like a fun way to switch gears.

removed link over words "geometry dash" just in case --hotdogPi
They are at it again. This time they are replying to threads...