An extroduction (as it were)
Posted: April 2nd, 2026, 12:21 am
Dear forums,
I have an announcement to make.
CGoL has been there for me through quite a few years of my life (I joined in 2022 but found out about CGoL as early as 2017). It provided a needed escape when things were difficult in my life, but as I've grown I have realized that it has become just that - an escape. A distraction from the people in my life that I care about.
So I will be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forums and from the Game of Life. It has been a truly wonderful time but I think I need some space to step back for a while.
I have accumulated many oscillator partials during my three years of oscillator searches. When my collection is in a readable format I will post it here and in the oscillator thread. A little gift.
I have had an amazing time here, and like all amazing times it must come to an end. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I hope to see a p19 glider gun when I come back, some time long in the future. And I hope that this community can continue to be a welcoming place for people like me.
best,
Period1GliderGun
I have an announcement to make.
CGoL has been there for me through quite a few years of my life (I joined in 2022 but found out about CGoL as early as 2017). It provided a needed escape when things were difficult in my life, but as I've grown I have realized that it has become just that - an escape. A distraction from the people in my life that I care about.
So I will be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forums and from the Game of Life. It has been a truly wonderful time but I think I need some space to step back for a while.
I have accumulated many oscillator partials during my three years of oscillator searches. When my collection is in a readable format I will post it here and in the oscillator thread. A little gift.
I have had an amazing time here, and like all amazing times it must come to an end. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I hope to see a p19 glider gun when I come back, some time long in the future. And I hope that this community can continue to be a welcoming place for people like me.
best,
Period1GliderGun