Page 1 of 1

Organization of CA-Related Files

Posted: March 21st, 2026, 5:27 pm
by I6_I6
In my time in the CA community, I've amassed quite a lot of CA-related files. I haven't had much guidance on how to organize them, so I've been doing it my own way, which probably isn't the best way. Could anybody help me organize my files properly?
For example, which files should go in which folders? What should I name the folders and how should I name the files? What file type should I use? Should I add comments? I just have a bunch of questions that I want answered.
Hopefully this thread is also helpful to other people facing the same problem as I am.

Re: Organization of CA-Related Files

Posted: March 22nd, 2026, 2:35 am
by b-engine
I usually just keep all the files in the big dumpsite of ~/Downloads folder, and I just run this command whenever I need to retrieve a file:

Code: Select all

t6970@fedora:~$ find / | grep "pattern name"

Re: Organization of CA-Related Files

Posted: March 22nd, 2026, 3:00 am
by yyh_baboon
I simply just put them online in my sandbox.

Re: Organization of CA-Related Files

Posted: March 22nd, 2026, 3:02 am
by I6_I6
b-engine wrote: March 22nd, 2026, 2:35 am I usually just keep all the files in the big dumpsite of ~/Downloads folder, and I just run this command whenever I need to retrieve a file:

Code: Select all

t6970@fedora:~$ find / | grep "pattern name"
What if you don't remember the name of the file?
I put all of my files in a folder named CA in my Desktop.