Page 1 of 1

I got a new pattern, and don't know is it was discovered before me

Posted: August 20th, 2025, 9:58 am
by ShadowOfGoogie
A photo of it
A photo of it
Screenshot_2025-08-20-16-40-26-533_net.sf.golly.jpg (242.25 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
I got a new configuration (maybe new) and don't know how to publish it.

Re: I got a new pattern, and don't know is it was discovered before me

Posted: August 20th, 2025, 10:06 am
by Resu
ShadowOfGoogie wrote: August 20th, 2025, 9:58 am I got a new configuration (maybe new) and don't know how to publish it.
You should copy the RLE of the pattern and put it into pattern tags:

Code: Select all

[pattern][/pattern]
I'm not sure, but the save button might copy it.

Also, I think this should go in Patterns instead of LifeWiki Discussion.

Re: I got a new pattern, and don't know is it was discovered before me

Posted: August 20th, 2025, 10:09 am
by pifricted
ShadowOfGoogie wrote: August 20th, 2025, 9:58 am Screenshot_2025-08-20-16-40-26-533_net.sf.golly.jpg
I got a new configuration (maybe new) and don't know how to publish it.
Welcome!

This subforum is for discussion LifeWiki, this should move to "patterns" subforum.

Your pattern (configuration) is shown below:

Code: Select all

# Put RLE between pattern tags to show.
x = 9, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
2bobobo$bobobobo$obobobobo$bobobobo$obobobobo$bobobobo$2bobobo!
This isn't stable, and finally stabilizes at generation 139, leaving 2 bi-block and a pulsar.

This is not enough notable to post. Please read forum rules before posting.

Re: I got a new pattern, and don't know is it was discovered before me

Posted: August 20th, 2025, 10:46 am
by Resu
pifricted wrote: August 20th, 2025, 10:09 am

Code: Select all

# Put RLE between patter ntags to show.
x = 9, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
2bobobo$bobobobo$obobobobo$bobobobo$obobobobo$bobobobo$2bobobo!
This isn't stable, and finally stabilizes at generation 139, leaving 2 bi-block and a pulsar.
Shouldn't that be this instead?

Code: Select all

Put RLE between pattern tags to show.
Not

Code: Select all

Put RLE between patter ntags to show.

Re: I got a new pattern, and don't know is it was discovered before me

Posted: August 21st, 2025, 11:42 am
by otismo
ShadowOfGoogie wrote: August 20th, 2025, 9:58 am Screenshot_2025-08-20-16-40-26-533_net.sf.golly.jpg
I got a new configuration (maybe new) and don't know how to publish it.
Greetings and Welcome !
Ethanagor wrote: March 20th, 2017, 8:33 pm I just found a simple predecessor of the queen bee:

Code: Select all

x = 0, y = 0, rule = B3/S23
bo3bo$obobobo$bobobo$2bobo!
I don't know if this is an original discovery or even useful in any way, but here it is. This orientation generates her majesty such that she is moving upward.
ALSO

you can add two blinkers to your pattern and get two clean pulsars

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 21, rule = B3/S23
4bo$4bo$4bo5$2bobobo$bobobobo$obobobobo$bobobobo$obobobobo$bobobobo$2b
obobo5$4bo$4bo$4bo!
Our Life Wiki is very interesting and extremely informative;

and this thread is our feeble attempt, to keep it that way...

check out these Forums, i m certain U will find much that interests U;

U will also find many threads in which to post new findings, new patterns,

discussions ( like this one ), Feats of Engineering ( U gotta see EV2's new Leaf Bug Gun ) -

Cheers !