Anyone have a .zip file of (preferrably many) Golly-compatible .rule files?
I don't really have the time or motivation to go through the list of them on LifeWiki and download them all myself, plus some that were in a zip I found in the past aren't even recognized by LifeViewer.
(For example, there was a 255-state version of Brew in the one I found, iirc it was from the Discord but I can't find where I got it from now)
Question... (Please do move to the right forum in case this actually fits anywhere)
- State Investigator
- Posts: 7
- Joined: August 13th, 2022, 5:31 pm
Question... (Please do move to the right forum in case this actually fits anywhere)
You know, sometimes you just find a rule and create a blank canvas later. Again. Oh, and again...
Re: Question... (Please do move to the right forum in case this actually fits anywhere)
...what are you going to use them for???
- LuveelVoom
- Posts: 643
- Joined: April 27th, 2022, 7:59 pm
Re: Question... (Please do move to the right forum in case this actually fits anywhere)
If I had to guess, probably to train a machine learning model?
OCA primer (WIP): User:LuveelVoom/A_Primer_On_OCA
My rules: https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6843
Free compute: https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic ... 77#p234677
Discord user: LuveelVoom
My rules: https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6843
Free compute: https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic ... 77#p234677
Discord user: LuveelVoom
- State Investigator
- Posts: 7
- Joined: August 13th, 2022, 5:31 pm
Re: Question... (Please do move to the right forum in case this actually fits anywhere)
Actually? Just kinda wanna mess with them, discover stuff tbh
You know, sometimes you just find a rule and create a blank canvas later. Again. Oh, and again...
- confocaloid
- Posts: 6697
- Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
- Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms
Re: Question... (Please do move to the right forum in case this actually fits anywhere)
State Investigator wrote: January 11th, 2025, 1:42 pm Anyone have a .zip file of (preferrably many) Golly-compatible .rule files?
I don't really have the time or motivation to go through the list of them on LifeWiki and download them all myself, [...]
I think discovering new stuff in a known CA previously researched by others will take significantly more time and more motivation, compared to finding the .rule file and reading the available documentation and discussion related to it.State Investigator wrote: January 12th, 2025, 4:23 pmActually? Just kinda wanna mess with them, discover stuff tbh :D
Many .rule files don't even have an embedded documentation sufficient for understanding what it is, how it works and what it is good for. So one would need to read related discussion, study the patterns, etc.
Discovering new interesting stuff is usually harder than reading about what's already known.
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.