Let's create a good CGoL language!

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Post Reply
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4623
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

This thread was inspired by these three threads.
Carrier Pond Verylongsnake Snake isn’t exactly good for communication, so I wanted to make this. The rules are:
  • The orthography must use CGoL.
  • Anyone can contribute.
First, we should start on the phonology and orthography.
115 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by confocaloid »

When I see mentions of "CGoL language", I usually imagine some way of packing information in rows and columns, by "writing" stationary CGoL objects. Something along these lines:
hotdogPi wrote: March 19th, 2024, 7:40 am Row row row your boat

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 19, rule = B3/S23
2obo2b2o4b3o3b3o3b2o$ob2o2b2o11b3o2b2o4$bo5bo5bo5bo4b2o$obo3bobo3bobo
3bobo3bobo$2o5b2o4b2o3b2o5bo3$bo4b2o5bo$bo4bobo4bobo3b2o3bob2o$bo5b2o
3bobo3bo2bo2b2obo$14bo4b2o3$b2o4bo4b2o5b2o$o2bo3bo4bo2bo3bobo3b2o$b2o
4bo6b2o4b2o3b2o!
User avatar
Aleph
Posts: 2295
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by Aleph »

confocaloid wrote: January 7th, 2025, 9:45 pm When I see mentions of "CGoL language", I usually imagine some way of packing information in rows and columns, by "writing" stationary CGoL objects.
If we just want to pack information, can't we just use something like this?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4881&p=143018&hilit=font#p142559
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by confocaloid »

wwei47 wrote: January 7th, 2025, 9:52 pm [...] If we just want to pack information, can't we just use something like this?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4881&p=143018&hilit=font#p142559
Probably, although I usually imagine something dense, glider-constructible, and potentially readable/writeable "in universe" (which may or may not be considered important).
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4623
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

We should probably use simple CGoL objects for the orthography instead of Latin letters made in CGoL.
115 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
d/dx
Posts: 705
Joined: March 22nd, 2024, 2:41 pm
Location: in your walls

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by d/dx »

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
bo2bo$o$o3bo$4o!
[[ THEME Mono LABEL 2 -3 15 "ghoti" ]]
my shtuffs

xkcd.com/626/


DieciFseis when?

,
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4623
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

For now, I’m contributing that it should not use a 5-vowel system, and should not have less than 5 vowels either.
115 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4623
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

I hope I’m allowed to bump a topic on this forum.
115 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
TigerCub414
Posts: 167
Joined: March 25th, 2024, 9:51 pm

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by TigerCub414 »

I devised an “alphabet” of common CGoL objects I created for easily making drawings and notes of circuitry. It can also be used for CGoL orthography in real-world writing. The objects can either represent the letters in an alphabet or pictographic symbols of a language.
Attachments
CGoL symbols
CGoL symbols
IMG_0546.jpeg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 525 times

Code: Select all

x = 32, y = 32, rule = B3aijkr5j/S2aek3-acy4iz6c
8b3o$7bo2bo$7bo2bo$7b3o4$28b3o$28bo2bo$28bo2bo$29b3o11$3o$o2bo$o2bo$b
3o4$22b3o$21bo2bo$21bo2bo$21b3o!
User avatar
NNlk05
Posts: 723
Joined: January 14th, 2026, 8:42 pm
Location: Exploring in the Jungle of the INT Rulespace
Contact:

Re: Let's create a good CGoL language!

Post by NNlk05 »

I feel like the ominos and conduit objects should be the letters

Code: Select all

x = 118, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
3D.2D2.3D.2D3.3D2.3D2.3D.D.D.3D.3D.D.D.D4.5D.D3.D.5D.3D.3D3.3D.3D.3D2.
D.D.D.D.D3.D.D.D.D.D.3D$D.D.D.D.D3.D.D2.D4.D4.D3.D.D2.D3.D2.D.D.D4.D.
D.D.2D2.D.D3.D.D.D.D.D3.D.D.D4.D3.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D3.D$3D.2D2.D3.
D.D2.3D2.3D2.D.D.3D2.D3.D2.2D2.D4.D.D.D.D.D.D.D3.D.3D.3D3.3D.3D2.D3.D
.D.D.D.D.D.D2.D2.3D2.D$D.D.D.D.D3.D.D2.D4.D4.D.D.D.D2.D3.D2.D.D.D4.D.
D.D.D2.2D.D3.D.D5.D3.2D4.D2.D3.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D3.D.D$D.D.2D2.3D.2D3.
3D2.D4.3D.D.D.3D.2D2.D.D.3D2.D.D.D.D3.D.5D.D5.D3.D.D.3D2.D3.3D2.D3.D.
D2.D.D.3D.3D$74.A$4.A3.2A3.A4.3A2.3A2.A2.A4.A4.A6.A.A2.A.A9.2A3.3A.A.
A4.2A.A3.3A2.3A.A4.A5.A4.A.2A$4.2A2.A3.A.A2.2A4.A5.A.3A2.A4.A5.A4.A12.
2A3.A.A2.A.A2.2A2.2A3.A3.3A.A4.2A3.3A2.2A2.2A$5.2A.A.A.A2.A2.2A3.A3.3A
.A.A2.A4.A5.A4.A3.A13.A.A2.A2.A2.A3.A6.A.A2.3A3.2A3.A4.A$4.2A3.2A2.A.
A6.2A9.A2.A2.2A6.A2.A.A22.A.A7.A6.2A19.A$14.2A23.2A6.3A2.A2.A18.A.A$53.
3A19.A!
[/code

(Some are missing, and you can adjust in case of a conflict between an omino and a conduit object)
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes.

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 3, rule = B34twz/S23
b2o4b2o$obo4bobo$2bo4bo!
[[ AUTOSTART AUTOHIDEGUI TRACK 0 -47/270 ZOOM 4 GPS 45 STEP 3 THEME BOOK ]]
https://nnlk05.github.io

=3
Post Reply