Page 1 of 1
Rule Akinator: 3-state OTCA Edition
Posted: October 12th, 2024, 9:55 am
by unname4798
This thread is like "transition akinator", but for 3-state OTCA.
I'll start:
Does the rule have 2 diagonally adjacent state-2 cells?
Also, b-engine would ask questions because I'm almost inactive.
Re: Rule Akinator: 3-state OTCA Edition
Posted: October 12th, 2024, 10:26 am
by confocaloid
A reason why these threads are problematic was already explained in an earlier thread which got locked. You end up with a thread that looks and feels like a pointless chat, not evolving into some productive discussion and not contributing to understanding.
Banananananan wrote: October 5th, 2024, 2:56 am
Hello! Welcome to the akinator thread, where I'll be guessing your character! I can't take many people's guesses at the same time, so wait till I've guessed a persons.
Sokwe wrote: October 5th, 2024, 5:21 am
I feel that this is a game better suited to a chat service, rather than a forum. I don't see a good way to limit this to something easily moderated or keep it topical, so I'm unfortunately going to have to lock it. Sorry. I will probably delete the topic in a few days.
On top of that, there are other issues that are probably worth stating, before this gets locked/deleted for some reason or another:
- Either technically incorrect, or vague (ambiguous, unclear) wording in almost all replies I read so far.
E.g. what you mean by "the rule has/does not have 2 diagonally adjacent state-2 cells"? Can one of those cells be the current state of the middle cell, or only neighbours count? Should these two cells be both diagonally adjacent to the middle cell, or they need to be adjacent to each other, or something else entirely?
- Did anyone already tell b-engine that they're apparently supposed to participate in a thread they didn't start?
It looks strange (and not very productive) that you are starting a new thread "for somebody else" without intending to contribute in it.
unname4798 wrote: October 12th, 2024, 9:55 am
[...]
Does the rule have 2 diagonally adjacent state-2 cells?
Also, b-engine would ask questions because I'm almost inactive.