Page 1 of 1

A big fatal problem

Posted: August 11th, 2024, 6:18 am
by LittleLWSS
I've noticed that sometimes your LifeWiki pops up with a "Can't access database", what's going on? Is there a problem with your website?

Re: A big fatal problem

Posted: August 11th, 2024, 6:36 am
by confocaloid
LittleLWSS wrote: August 11th, 2024, 6:18 am I've noticed that sometimes your LifeWiki pops up with a "Can't access database", what's going on? Is there a problem with your website?
Duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6465

Re: A big fatal problem

Posted: August 11th, 2024, 12:12 pm
by otismo
LittleLWSS wrote: August 11th, 2024, 6:18 am I've noticed that sometimes your LifeWiki pops up with a "Can't access database", what's going on? Is there a problem with your website?
Could it be that interest in CGoL is growing ?

NO - only 5000 Golly downloads

boo hoo

Re: A big fatal problem

Posted: August 11th, 2024, 12:22 pm
by confocaloid
otismo wrote: August 11th, 2024, 12:12 pm [...] Could it be that interest in CGoL is growing ? [...]
I believe it is more likely that an evidence of growing genuine interest in Conway's Life and/or other cellular automata would come in the form of new enthusiastic people joining the forums to share their explorations and new insights, and new discussions about interesting CA-related topics, questions to be answered, unsolved puzzles.

Neither automated requests causing website problems, nor any other high-volume low-effort low-contribution activity, is an evidence of growing genuine interest in CGoL.