new glider or ship or medusa found in hexagonal hexlife
Posted: March 22nd, 2011, 4:13 pm
hi folks,
is hexagonal life still 'in', still 'alive' .. or is it 'written off'?
.. as far as I know, there's only few gliders or ships found yet in hexagonal life version (tesselation .. ;o)] .. ), and all of them either in different rules or like ''Preston'' or ''david-star''-rule or other tries to lively up hexagonal GOL to be more .. say .. 'fertile' for playing or study or just watching .. .
I knew of only one glider unto recently .. You know it well ..
.....o.......
....oo......
.....o.......
..............
...o.o.o....
.. s2b2 .. well .. you know what I mean ..
http://www.complex-systems.com/pdf/15-3-4.pdf now speaks of two more gliders, ships, whatever .. (Figure 3. and 4.) that I was surprised to have overseen upto now ..
that makes three gliders spread on different rules .. one s2b2, (standard known one, like above), two for 'Preston' http://www.hexatron.com/hexca/.. no wait! .. FIVE gliders.. with s35b2 (Figure 3. of given link above) and s3b245 (of given link above, Fig.4.) .. anyway .. al spread on different rules ..
I have now discovered a new - I like to call it a 'medusa', cos' it does only two cells further in 24 steps ! .. and it looks like one - rather than naming it glider or ship ..
best program for hexLife is recently discovered too (after programming one myself) is HexCells 1.0.1 by Andrew Kingdom http://members.optusnet.com.au/thekingdoms/hexlife/ .. alas! without complete rule choice ..
here's my new implication with all functionality needed to study hexagonal GOL, http://zedoor.de/programmieren/HexLife_1st_upload.shtml on http://www.zedoor.de -> menu: programmieren -> submenue: HexLife1stUpload ..
alas I am programming lay and program has minor bugs (like loading patterns slowly if toggibool=true, else fast) and major bugs like prog vanishes when clicking too fast a lot for long time during runtime without using pause-button .. but if one handles it gently .. it is furious for studying hexagonal Life.
Are people even into this stuff anymore?
edit two min later: .. to me it was a little sort'a 'sensation' to be the first man in universe to witness this 'glider-medusa' .. :ox .. but maybe that glider 24steps in hexlife is known already? .. I do'nt know .. however .. HexLife remains fascinating all in all and we are all freeware all together .. ;o))
here it is:
.. last step is like first .. 2 pix resp. cells leftabove ..
is hexagonal life still 'in', still 'alive' .. or is it 'written off'?
.. as far as I know, there's only few gliders or ships found yet in hexagonal life version (tesselation .. ;o)] .. ), and all of them either in different rules or like ''Preston'' or ''david-star''-rule or other tries to lively up hexagonal GOL to be more .. say .. 'fertile' for playing or study or just watching .. .
I knew of only one glider unto recently .. You know it well ..
.....o.......
....oo......
.....o.......
..............
...o.o.o....
.. s2b2 .. well .. you know what I mean ..
http://www.complex-systems.com/pdf/15-3-4.pdf now speaks of two more gliders, ships, whatever .. (Figure 3. and 4.) that I was surprised to have overseen upto now ..
that makes three gliders spread on different rules .. one s2b2, (standard known one, like above), two for 'Preston' http://www.hexatron.com/hexca/.. no wait! .. FIVE gliders.. with s35b2 (Figure 3. of given link above) and s3b245 (of given link above, Fig.4.) .. anyway .. al spread on different rules ..
I have now discovered a new - I like to call it a 'medusa', cos' it does only two cells further in 24 steps ! .. and it looks like one - rather than naming it glider or ship ..
best program for hexLife is recently discovered too (after programming one myself) is HexCells 1.0.1 by Andrew Kingdom http://members.optusnet.com.au/thekingdoms/hexlife/ .. alas! without complete rule choice ..
here's my new implication with all functionality needed to study hexagonal GOL, http://zedoor.de/programmieren/HexLife_1st_upload.shtml on http://www.zedoor.de -> menu: programmieren -> submenue: HexLife1stUpload ..
alas I am programming lay and program has minor bugs (like loading patterns slowly if toggibool=true, else fast) and major bugs like prog vanishes when clicking too fast a lot for long time during runtime without using pause-button .. but if one handles it gently .. it is furious for studying hexagonal Life.
Are people even into this stuff anymore?
edit two min later: .. to me it was a little sort'a 'sensation' to be the first man in universe to witness this 'glider-medusa' .. :ox .. but maybe that glider 24steps in hexlife is known already? .. I do'nt know .. however .. HexLife remains fascinating all in all and we are all freeware all together .. ;o))
here it is:
.. last step is like first .. 2 pix resp. cells leftabove ..