Simple Life in HTML5
Posted: February 9th, 2011, 6:59 pm
I'm currently trying to make a life simulation in HTML5. You won't need java, flash or any other plug-ins, but I do recommend a modern browser. The newest Firefox or Chrome should be fine. You can see it here:
http://florisbernard.nl/colorsoflife
When new cells are born, it calculates the average RGB values of it's neighbors. I don't know if this is very usefull, but it sure looks nice
Can anyone give me any tips on how to make the field larger, like on conwaylife.com, without it taking up too much memory? I tried some of the optimizations I found on this forum, but most of them won't work because I have to store the color values as well.
I would love to have your feedback. I have to admit I don't know much about the math and patterns in Life, so please go easy on me.
http://florisbernard.nl/colorsoflife
When new cells are born, it calculates the average RGB values of it's neighbors. I don't know if this is very usefull, but it sure looks nice
Can anyone give me any tips on how to make the field larger, like on conwaylife.com, without it taking up too much memory? I tried some of the optimizations I found on this forum, but most of them won't work because I have to store the color values as well.
I would love to have your feedback. I have to admit I don't know much about the math and patterns in Life, so please go easy on me.