(Poll) Should I do my signing?
Posted: February 8th, 2023, 4:11 pm
Hey ya. I'm really sorry for posting this here but for some reason polls can't be done in The Sandbox, so I posted it in what I think is the closest forum available because it's about my use of the website. I think this is not an unimportant topic and may also apply to other users.
(in this post 'signing' will mean the words I put at the end and 'signature' will mean the automatically added part at the end, please distinguish)
So you are probably aware by now I have a somewhat unusual practice of putting quite elaborate signings at the end of my messages. The current form of it is this:
Good morning/afternoon/evening/night and sweet dreams!
Enjoy your life and all the best! May THE LORD help you!
Have a suuuuperior day (and this all also to your own)!
BokaBB
However, for most of the past I used this one instead:
Have a good day!
BokaBB
with elaborations being a rather recent phenomenon that evolved outside this forum. The reason why did I add the elaborations is the fact I occasionally used to add other things at the end to certain people and because I thought exceptions aren't a good thing. The current form is so complex, in fact, that dl-rs parodied it recently here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5553&p=156381#p156381
(dl-rs, if you are reading this, it's not a big thing).
I'd like to know the public opinion on this somewhat more. It has been addressed several times by several people already but I was rather too egocentric at those times to listen to it too much. Plus only a few people ever adressed it.
Please vote in as big numbers as possible because I think this is a topic worth discussing if I'm to be here comfortably. Will stop signing 'til then and gonna remove it from the signature too 'til the poll ends.
(in this post 'signing' will mean the words I put at the end and 'signature' will mean the automatically added part at the end, please distinguish)
So you are probably aware by now I have a somewhat unusual practice of putting quite elaborate signings at the end of my messages. The current form of it is this:
Good morning/afternoon/evening/night and sweet dreams!
Enjoy your life and all the best! May THE LORD help you!
Have a suuuuperior day (and this all also to your own)!
BokaBB
However, for most of the past I used this one instead:
Have a good day!
BokaBB
with elaborations being a rather recent phenomenon that evolved outside this forum. The reason why did I add the elaborations is the fact I occasionally used to add other things at the end to certain people and because I thought exceptions aren't a good thing. The current form is so complex, in fact, that dl-rs parodied it recently here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5553&p=156381#p156381
(dl-rs, if you are reading this, it's not a big thing).
I'd like to know the public opinion on this somewhat more. It has been addressed several times by several people already but I was rather too egocentric at those times to listen to it too much. Plus only a few people ever adressed it.
Please vote in as big numbers as possible because I think this is a topic worth discussing if I'm to be here comfortably. Will stop signing 'til then and gonna remove it from the signature too 'til the poll ends.