Page 1 of 1

Golly 2.1 minor problem

Posted: October 26th, 2010, 11:44 pm
by Extrementhusiast
When I do a population plot for a Generations rule, sometimes the state-1 cells come up white, and they stay that way. (For me, they're usually supposed to be red.) Again, it's like the inverting of paste selection, as it is just an insignificant color change, but I thought I might point this out.

Re: Golly 2.1 minor problem

Posted: October 27th, 2010, 12:18 am
by Andrew
When I do a population plot for a Generations rule, sometimes the state-1 cells come up white, and they stay that way.
State 1 should either be white if the background (ie. state 0) is dark, or black if the background is light. If you don't see that then please tell me the exact steps so I can reproduce the bug. If you want to change the colors then create a copy of the pop-plot.py/pl script and alter or remove the lines that call g.setcolors.

Re: Golly 2.1 minor problem

Posted: October 27th, 2010, 10:23 am
by Extrementhusiast
No, what you describe is what I see. I've found out that if I change the rule to another Generations rule then undo that change, the colors return to normal.

Re: Golly 2.1 minor problem

Posted: October 27th, 2010, 5:33 pm
by Andrew
Another way to restore the colors is to open the Layer > Set Layer Colors dialog and hit the "Default Colors" button.

Or if you want a really quick way to do it, assign a key combo to a .py script containing these commands:

Code: Select all

import golly
golly.setcolors([])

Re: Golly 2.1 minor problem

Posted: May 31st, 2011, 6:28 pm
by cordership
It's not a problem; it's normal. It does that to make it be seen better. Once you close the layer it returns to normal.