Game of War - a multiplayer non-automata
Posted: October 19th, 2010, 9:57 pm
Hi,
I'm developing a 2 player game where each player has their own colour of live cells. The rules for squares involving one colour are the same as Life, but there is to be some sort of enemy rule, say, too many enemy neighbours and the square dies). At the moment (in this very early development version), each player has a building area and a limited number of squares to use. They must build configurations which send spaceships and such to annihilate the enemy while building structures which are resistant to attack.
Here is a very basic version with the "game" in the top grid and a simulation grid at the bottom http://alejandroerickson.com/joomla/ima ... f_life.swf
I'm wondering
1. Has this or something similar been done? Linky?
2. To make the game more accessible it needs to have a library of configurations. I've yet to find a downloadable library on the web (aside from things that can be downloaded individually), but I'm sure there must be one!
I look forward to your input on this!
I'm developing a 2 player game where each player has their own colour of live cells. The rules for squares involving one colour are the same as Life, but there is to be some sort of enemy rule, say, too many enemy neighbours and the square dies). At the moment (in this very early development version), each player has a building area and a limited number of squares to use. They must build configurations which send spaceships and such to annihilate the enemy while building structures which are resistant to attack.
Here is a very basic version with the "game" in the top grid and a simulation grid at the bottom http://alejandroerickson.com/joomla/ima ... f_life.swf
I'm wondering
1. Has this or something similar been done? Linky?
2. To make the game more accessible it needs to have a library of configurations. I've yet to find a downloadable library on the web (aside from things that can be downloaded individually), but I'm sure there must be one!
I look forward to your input on this!