Page 1 of 1
Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 10:38 am
by BokaBB
Write it here and do not make new threads for nothing.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 10:59 am
by apg
Dylan Chen has actually made plenty of positive contributions to cellular automata.
You, on the other hand, just pollute the Sandbox with dozens of pointless and/or antagonistic threads.
I've banned you from the forums for a month, BokaBB.
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:03 am
by BokaBB2
calcyman wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:59 am
Dylan Chen has actually made plenty of positive contributions to cellular automata.
You, on the other hand, just pollute the Sandbox with dozens of pointless and/or antagonistic threads.
I've banned you from the forums for a month, BokaBB.
Maybe,but I made another account.
Can you remove this ban?I promise I will not do anything bad ever again and be focused on CA.
Sorry,I had no bad intention.
Have a good day!
BokaBB2
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:14 am
by creeperman7002
BokaBB2 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:03 am
Maybe,but I made another account.
Can you remove this ban?I promise I will not do anything bad ever again and be focused on CA.
Sorry,I had no bad intention.
Have a good day!
BokaBB2
I agree with calcyman's above post.
BokaBB, unless you're serious about never doing anything bad again (which I highly doubt), then this is just an excuse to get yourself unbanned to further pollute the sandbox. In many communities, creating new accounts just to evade a ban leads to that account being banned for a longer period of time. I would describe your behavior as similar to that of wwei23's back in 2017, except instead of swastika posts it is pointlessly creating new threads, especially offensive ones. To clean up the sandbox, BokaBB's alts should be banned and offensive threads should be locked, like this one.
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:18 am
by BokaBB2
creeperman7002 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:14 am
BokaBB2 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:03 am
Maybe,but I made another account.
Can you remove this ban?I promise I will not do anything bad ever again and be focused on CA.
Sorry,I had no bad intention.
Have a good day!
BokaBB2
I agree with calcyman's above post.
Unless you're serious about never doing anything bad again (which I highly doubt), then this is just an excuse to get yourself unbanned to further pollute the sandbox. In many communites, creating new accounts just to evade a ban leads to that account being banned for a longer period of time.
To prevent further pollution of the sandbox, BokaBB's alts should be banned.
I do not pollute,I just wanted to make the number of threads in The Sandbox grow at a slower pace. I DID NOT WANTED THIS!!!!!!!
I really, really, from all of my heart and soul promise to change.
I MADE THIS ACCOUNT JUST TO RESCUE ME,I WILL ASK FOR ITS DESTRUCTION ONCE ITS JOB IS FINISHED.
Why are you evil towards me,dear creeperman7002?
Have a good day!
BokaBB2
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:25 am
by Aleph
calcyman wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:59 am
I've banned you from the forums for a month, BokaBB.
Out of curiosity, how? You don't even seem to be a moderator.
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:27 am
by Schiaparelliorbust
wwei47 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:25 am
calcyman wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:59 am
I've banned you from the forums for a month, BokaBB.
Out of curiosity, how? You don't even seem to be a moderator.
Yes, they had locked one of BokaBB's threads before.
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:29 am
by Aleph
Also, why an entire month? 2017 me only got banned for a single DAY for reckless necroposting.
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:33 am
by BokaBB2
wwei47 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:29 am
Also, why an entire month? 2017 me only got banned for a single DAY for reckless necroposting.
I have no idea and I do not deserve to be banned.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:34 am
by BokaBB2
wwei47 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:25 am
calcyman wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:59 am
I've banned you from the forums for a month, BokaBB.
Out of curiosity, how? You don't even seem to be a moderator.
He seems to be a partial moderator or something like that.
Have a good day!
BokaBB2
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 12:02 pm
by Moosey
wwei47 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:25 am
calcyman wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:59 am
I've banned you from the forums for a month, BokaBB.
Out of curiosity, how? You don't even seem to be a moderator.
he has mod powers as I understand it
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 12:06 pm
by Aleph
Moosey wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:02 pm
he has mod powers as I understand it
Why isn't his name green?
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 12:07 pm
by Moosey
wwei47 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:06 pm
Moosey wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:02 pm
he has mod powers as I understand it
Why isn't his name green?
because having mod powers isn't the same as being a mod as far as phpBB is concerned, apparently
Re: Thread for Dylan Chen's and otismo's weird writings
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 12:44 pm
by dvgrn
BokaBB2 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:34 am
wwei47 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:25 am
calcyman wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:59 am
I've banned you from the forums for a month, BokaBB.
Out of curiosity, how? You don't even seem to be a moderator.
He seems to be a partial moderator or something like that.
Have a good day!
BokaBB2
BokaBB, there is growing agreement among moderators that your use of the Sandbox has been causing an impressive number of problems lately.
We're going to need some time to sort out what we're going to do to get the conwaylife.com forums back in working order again, to serve its original purpose.
Please be patient. You haven't been banned permanently. If you think that a month-long ban is too much for you to handle, or that other suggested policy changes around here are too painful to accept --
BokaBB2 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:27 amNo way this can be accepted. NO WAY.
-- then that's a very strong sign that you're taking this much, much too seriously, and also that you're using the forums in ways that they're simply not meant to be used. You probably won't agree with this, but it seems like a very good idea for you to find something else to do with your time for a month or so.
Nobody hates you -- you're by far the most consistently polite person that we've ever had trouble with! But on the other hand, as the rules say, this is an academic forum, not a chat or microblogging platform.
100% of your use of the forums recently has been non-academic -- and no,
this game thread doesn't count: it's only CA-related because you decided to make up a random CA-related thread. It was really just another attempt on your part to find a way to circumvent the forum rules. Not surprisingly, it didn't stir up any interest.
Many forum users would very much like to see a much lower average of new threads created per day. The conwaylife moderators only have a few rather blunt tools at their disposal, but a temporary ban for you is the simplest way to achieve that goal -- given that you created four new threads just this morning.
Please try to find a more appropriate place elsewhere on the Internet to do what you've been doing here. It really doesn't belong on conwaylife.com, even in the Sandbox -- and honestly there are not any possible small changes that you could make, to make your favorite activities here any more appropriate.
Re: Thread for ...
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:17 pm
by GUYTU6J
A quote:
dvgrn wrote: January 29th, 2021, 11:58 am
Hunting wrote: January 28th, 2021, 9:40 pm
BokaBB wrote: January 28th, 2021, 2:51 pm
...
༄༅།།HAVE A GOOD DAY!
༄༅།།BOKABB
Yes, when you're banned we will celebrate.
@Hunting, just for the record, I personally am
much more likely to ban
you for unnecessary mean-spirited posts like this one, than I am to ban BokaBB for being BokaBB. If BokaBB does things that you don't like, you can certainly make your objections known, either to the moderators or (preferably) directly to BokaBB -- but please learn how to be polite about it!
Some of your antagonism toward BokaBB comes across as the kind of thing I'd expect to see from a bully in an elementary school yard, aimed at someone they've decided they don't like. This kind of ugliness has no place on these forums (even in the Sandbox). Please think twice before you post anything similar in the future.
---
On the topic of certain users, I think I'd voice my suspicion towards some recent accounts with the name of an ex-president.
Trump {Bot} (
banned sometime previously),
Donald J Trump,
Donald K Trump, and
Donald Fe Trump show similar behaviour — posting about random, minor low-quality CA-related questions as well as slightly politics-related statements (e.g.
this one) and making some fuss with (especially) ColorfulGalaxy's writings. My conclusion is that these are from one or two persons and their attempts is to pollute the environment as well.
Can mods check their IPs?
Re: Thread for ...
Posted: March 15th, 2021, 11:25 pm
by SquishyBoi
GUYTU6J wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:17 pm
A quote:
dvgrn wrote: January 29th, 2021, 11:58 am
Hunting wrote: January 28th, 2021, 9:40 pm
Yes, when you're banned we will celebrate.
@Hunting, just for the record, I personally am
much more likely to ban
you for unnecessary mean-spirited posts like this one, than I am to ban BokaBB for being BokaBB. If BokaBB does things that you don't like, you can certainly make your objections known, either to the moderators or (preferably) directly to BokaBB -- but please learn how to be polite about it!
Some of your antagonism toward BokaBB comes across as the kind of thing I'd expect to see from a bully in an elementary school yard, aimed at someone they've decided they don't like. This kind of ugliness has no place on these forums (even in the Sandbox). Please think twice before you post anything similar in the future.
---
On the topic of certain users, I think I'd voice my suspicion towards some recent accounts with the name of an ex-president.
Trump {Bot} (
banned sometime previously),
Donald J Trump,
Donald K Trump, and
Donald Fe Trump show similar behaviour — posting about random, minor low-quality CA-related questions as well as slightly politics-related statements (e.g.
this one) and making some fuss with (especially) ColorfulGalaxy's writings. My conclusion is that these are from one or two persons and their attempts is to pollute the environment as well.
Can mods check their IPs?
i had the same suspicion as well. imo i think that the trump accounts pollute the sandbox more than bokabb does (not saying that i don't pollute the sandbox, i have zero educational content to put on these forums)