Page 1 of 1
Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 12:24 pm
by BokaBB
Numbers is a Word Chains - like game,but with numbers.
One says a number and the next says a number that has some of the following qualities:
-Is larger or smaller than the previous number for 1 (only applies to numbers from Z)
-Has nominator or denominator bigger or smaller for 1 (only applies to fractals)
-Is a square of the previous number
-Is a square root of the previous number (Illegal for numbers of which roots are irrational or negative numbers)
-Has one digit added or removed if compared with the previous number
-Has one decimal added or removed if compared to the previous number
-Is an opposite of the last number
-Has switched nominator and denominator (only applies to fractals)
-Is an approximated version of the previous number (Note:it is only legal to approximate once,for an example on 9,362 you can say 9,36,but not 9,4 or 9. Also,you must approximate as good as possible and on 9,23 you can say 9,25 or 9,2,but not 9,3. Learn more on Wikipedia if you don't know how to approximate.)
-Add a decimal mark somewhere in the middle of it (only possible for numbers in Z)
-Is an exponent of the last number by the last number (only in Z,also illegal for negative numbers where there could be more than 4 decimals after the process)
And so on.
You can't say a number that was recently used.
You can use all rational positive or negative numbers with at most 4 decimals,but not those with more or irrational numbers.
I am looking for more possibilities to add,ask me if you want to see something added.
Let's begin:
1
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 12:33 pm
by creeperman7002
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 12:24 pm
Let's begin:
1
11
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 12:36 pm
by BokaBB
creeperman7002 wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 12:33 pm
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 12:24 pm
Let's begin:
1
11
12
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 2:18 pm
by MathAndCode
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 12:36 pm12
1.2
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 2:29 pm
by BokaBB
MathAndCode wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:18 pm
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 12:36 pm12
1.2
I legalized that now,but it wasn't legal before now.
1,44
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 2:41 pm
by MathAndCode
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:29 pmI legalized that now,but it wasn't legal before now.
(The rules said that we could add or remove a decimal, which I assumed meant decimal point because adding or removing a digit was already covered.)
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:29 pm1,44
13/9
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 2:44 pm
by BokaBB
MathAndCode wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:41 pm
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:29 pmI legalized that now,but it wasn't legal before now.
(The rules said that we could add or remove a decimal, which I assumed meant decimal point because adding or removing a digit was already covered.)
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:29 pm1,44
13/9
I was thinking about something like saying 2,52 on 2,5,but I have legalized what you did and there are no problems now.
1,4444
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 2:45 pm
by creeperman7002
Is another representation of the same number considered using a number again?
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 2:50 pm
by MathAndCode
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:44 pmI was thinking about something like saying 2,52 on 2,5,but I have legalized what you did and there are no problems now.
(That is a valid approximation that I have used at least twice before. Were approximations not legal?)
(Also, looking at the rules again, would taking the reciprocal not already be introduced under saying the opposite of the previous number?)
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:44 pm1,4444
-1.4444
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pm
by BokaBB
MathAndCode wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:50 pm
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:44 pmI was thinking about something like saying 2,52 on 2,5,but I have legalized what you did and there are no problems now.
(That is a valid approximation that I have used at least twice before. Were approximations not legal?)
(Also, looking at the rules again, would taking the reciprocal not already be introduced under saying the opposite of the previous number?)
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:44 pm1,4444
-1.4444
I wasn't really thinking about having fractals,but I added appropriate rules.
-1,444
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 3:15 pm
by MathAndCode
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pmI wasn't really thinking about having fractals,but I added appropriate rules.
(One can also take the reciprocals of decimals, e.g. 0.8 and 1.25.)
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pm-1,444
-1.44
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 3:25 pm
by BokaBB
MathAndCode wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 3:15 pm
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pmI wasn't really thinking about having fractals,but I added appropriate rules.
(One can also take the reciprocals of decimals, e.g. 0.8 and 1.25.)
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pm-1,444
-1.44
I know. Approximations existed from the very beginning.
-1,4
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 3:43 pm
by creeperman7002
Suggestion - Tetration (x^x) for integers Z
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 3:48 pm
by BokaBB
creeperman7002 wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 3:43 pm
Suggestion - Tetration (x^x) for integers Z
Accepted,but it can't be used on negative numbers where there will be more than 4 digits after that.
Also,take note that I can't write it now (will later) since I am on laptop now,but it will be accepted.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 4:45 pm
by MathAndCode
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 3:48 pmAlso,take note that I can't write it now (will later) since I am on laptop now,but it will be accepted.
(Isn't typing on a laptop easier than typing on a phone?)
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: January 23rd, 2021, 4:51 pm
by BokaBB
MathAndCode wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 4:45 pm
BokaBB wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 3:48 pmAlso,take note that I can't write it now (will later) since I am on laptop now,but it will be accepted.
(Isn't typing on a laptop easier than typing on a phone?)
In my experience not. I have Gboard application with TONS of very usable and adjustable letters. Also,adding new keyboards is faster than on laptop.I recommend you to also try it.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: November 9th, 2022, 2:21 pm
by Thir
1.4
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: November 9th, 2022, 4:08 pm
by breaker's glider gun
Thir wrote: November 9th, 2022, 2:21 pm1.4
1.96
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: November 10th, 2022, 5:49 am
by PHPBB12345
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: November 10th, 2022, 9:35 am
by breaker's glider gun
Re: Numbers (Game)
Posted: November 10th, 2022, 6:48 pm
by hotcrystal0
41