Page 1 of 1

Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm
by LuxiusGOL
I'm back!
This rule is pretty cool, and also uses the neighborhood of a Glider.
R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D is the rule. I call it Larger than Glider. It can produce a lot of spaceships with really large periods.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 4, rule = R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D
o$2o$b2o$3o!
is one of the smallest ships.
All of them are camelships (at least I know they are).

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 4th, 2020, 10:38 pm
by LuxiusGOL
DripLife: R2,C0,M0,S3..7,B6..7,N@239BFF
Bamboo: R1,C0,S1-3,B3-5,N@FA

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 6th, 2020, 1:44 pm
by NoAyeBeardo
LuxiusGOL wrote: November 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm I'm back!
This rule is pretty cool, and also uses the neighborhood of a Glider.
R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D is the rule. I call it Larger than Glider. It can produce a lot of spaceships with really large periods.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 4, rule = R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D
o$2o$b2o$3o!
is one of the smallest ships.
All of them are camelships (at least I know they are).
This?

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
2bo$ob2o$3o$obo!


Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 6th, 2020, 8:36 pm
by MathAndCode
LuxiusGOL wrote: November 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm I'm back!
This rule is pretty cool, and also uses the neighborhood of a Glider.
R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D is the rule. I call it Larger than Glider. It can produce a lot of spaceships with really large periods.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 4, rule = R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D
o$2o$b2o$3o!
is one of the smallest ships.
All of them are camelships (at least I know they are).
Ironically, none of the sixteen gliders are spaceships in this rule. In fact, none of them even evolve into a spaceship.

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 7th, 2020, 4:07 am
by NoAyeBeardo
New smallest spaceship (7 cells)

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
obo$3o$obo!


Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 7th, 2020, 3:09 pm
by LuxiusGOL
that was what I posted

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 7th, 2020, 8:06 pm
by LuxiusGOL
R2,C16,S3,B3,N@ABCDEF and R2,C16,S3,B3,N@FEDCBA are kinda like twins.
R2,C0,S3,B3,N@0F3C49 has only 1 ship that I know of, and it looks like a worm.
R1,C0,S,B2,N@3F
R2,C0,S1-8,B1-4,8,N@0001DF

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 8th, 2020, 2:07 am
by yujh
NoAyeBeardo wrote: November 7th, 2020, 4:07 am New smallest spaceship (7 cells)

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
obo$3o$obo!

5 cells:

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
2o$3o!

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 10th, 2020, 11:23 pm
by LuxiusGOL
R2,C3,M0,S0..0,B3..3,N@FFD9C4 (Lots of Puffers)

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 10th, 2020, 11:28 pm
by MathAndCode
Do all of the camelships have the same simplified speed? All of the ones that I've looked at do, but I'm sure that there are others.

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Posted: November 30th, 2020, 10:23 am
by Sarah
Do most soups evolve into spaceships?

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 10, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
o4bobo2b6ob2o2b3o$3bob4o2bob5obo3bo$o3bobob4ob2ob2o5bo$o4b2obo2bobob3o
b3o$5b2o2bo3bo3b2ob2obo$bo2bob4obo3bo3bo3bo$2o3b2ob3o2bo3bo2bobo$b2ob
3o5b4obobo$2obo2b4o2b5o3bo2bo$2ob2o2bobob5o2b2o!