Page 1 of 1
Locked out of Discord account, advice?
Posted: May 30th, 2020, 2:34 pm
by lmbi_003
I joined ConwayLife Lounge a few days ago, however mid-session, Discord prompted me to enter my phone number. I'm aware of how easy it is to get information from a phone number via a single API call, so I'd rather not give my actual phone number, however all of the free temporary phone number services I have seen online do not appear to work. Has anyone got any advice? I tried making a new account and got the screen again immediately. I think this may be due to my VPN usage?
Re: Locked out of Discord account, advice?
Posted: May 30th, 2020, 7:39 pm
by yujh
lmbi_003 wrote: May 30th, 2020, 2:34 pm
I joined ConwayLife Lounge a few days ago, however mid-session, Discord prompted me to enter my phone number. I'm aware of how easy it is to get information from a phone number via a single API call, so I'd rather not give my actual phone number, however all of the free temporary phone number services I have seen online do not appear to work. Has anyone got any advice? I tried making a new account and got the screen again immediately. I think this may be due to my VPN usage?
Try discord.com if you’re having trouble, it doesnät need vpn(as I know, in PRC)
Re: Locked out of Discord account, advice?
Posted: May 31st, 2020, 3:58 am
by lmbi_003
yujh wrote: May 30th, 2020, 7:39 pm
Try discord.com if you’re having trouble, it doesnät need vpn(as I know, in PRC)
I am already, actually.
Re: Locked out of Discord account, advice?
Posted: May 31st, 2020, 8:14 am
by Moosey
lmbi_003 wrote: May 30th, 2020, 2:34 pm
I joined ConwayLife Lounge a few days ago, however mid-session, Discord prompted me to enter my phone number. I'm aware of how easy it is to get information from a phone number via a single API call, so I'd rather not give my actual phone number, however all of the free temporary phone number services I have seen online do not appear to work. Has anyone got any advice? I tried making a new account and got the screen again immediately. I think this may be due to my VPN usage?
You may have enabled two-factor authentication, which would explain why discord wants you to enter your phone number when it could so easily find it-- it wants to make sure who you are.
Re: Locked out of Discord account, advice?
Posted: May 31st, 2020, 9:03 am
by Heavpoot
i doubt they would have enabled 2fa if they didnt want to give their phone number. i guess just keep trying various temp phone numbers to see if they work?