Page 1 of 1

seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: April 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm
by triller
Help!
Most (all?) of the existing (known) LW->G p30 devices are 45 degree.
Of course, 2 p30 guns will give me 135 degree, as will a 45 + 90 degree compound.
I've got narrow paths of adjacent LWSS's to pick off and redirect.
Any pointer will be appreciated.
triller

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: April 7th, 2020, 1:57 am
by skomick
Edit: Sorry, I missed the "stable" part of the post.
triller wrote: April 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm Help!
...
I don't know how much room you need, but this is the first one I found:

Code: Select all

p30 lwss to glider reflector
Found in Jason Summers' misc/ss2glider collection.

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: April 7th, 2020, 4:41 am
by Hunting
This is a tricky question.

There is a reason for there being a small stable 45-degree LWSS-to-G but not a 135 degree one I know of. There is three possibility of catalyst placement:
  • The catalyst is in front of the LWSS track.
  • The catalyst is on the side of LWSS track.
  • In front of the track, but with a transparent bait like Snark.

Code: Select all

x = 91, y = 83, rule = LifeHistory
90.B$89.2B$88.3B$87.4B$86.4B$85.4B$84.4B$83.4B$82.4B$81.4B$80.4B$71.D
7.4B$71.D6.4B$4B41.3D.D.D.3D.3D.D.D.3D3.D5.4B$.4B40.D.D.D.D2.D2.3D.D.
D2.D4.D4.4B$2.4B39.3D.3D2.D2.D3.3D2.D4.D3.4B$3.4B67.4B12.B$4.4B65.4B
12.2B$5.4B63.4B12.3B$6.4B61.4B12.4B$7.4B59.4B12.4B$8.4B57.4B12.4B$9.
4B55.4B12.4B$10.4B53.4B12.4B$11.4B51.4B12.4B$12.4B49.4B12.4B$13.4B47.
4B12.4B$14.4B45.4B12.4B$15.4B43.4B12.4B$16.4B41.4B12.4B$17.4B39.4B12.
4B$18.4B37.4B12.4B$19.4B35.4B12.4B$20.4B33.4B12.4B$21.4B31.4B12.4B$
22.4B15.11D3.4B12.4B$23.4B14.10D3.4B12.4B$24.4B13.9D3.4B12.4B$25.4B
12.8D3.4B12.4B$26.4B11.7D3.4B12.4B$27.4B10.7D2.4B12.4B$28.4B9.7D.4B
12.4B$29.4B8.7D4B12.4B$24.3D3.4B10.7B12.4B$26.D4.4B9.6B12.4B$3D.D.D.
3D.3D.D.D.3D.3D5.4B8.5B12.4B$D.D.D.D2.D2.3D.D.D2.D2.D8.4B7.5B11.4B$3D
.3D2.D2.D3.3D2.D2.3D7.4B6.5B10.4B$35.4B5.5B9.4B$36.4B4.5B8.4B$37.4B3.
5B7.4B$38.4B2.5B6.4B$39.4B.5B5.4B25.3D$40.9B4.4B28.D$41.8B3.4B3.3D.D.
D.3D.3D.D.D.3D.3D$42.7B2.4B4.D.D.D.D2.D2.3D.D.D2.D2.D$43.6B.4B5.3D.3D
2.D2.D3.3D2.D2.3D$44.9B$44.8B$44.7B$44.6B$37.8D4B$37.8D4B$31.3D3.8D4B
$33.D3.8D4B$31.3D3.8D4B$31.D5.8D4B$31.3D3.8D4B$37.8D4B$37.8D4B$44.5B$
44.5B$44.5B$44.5B$44.5B$44.B3AB$44.A2BAB$44.3BAB$44.3BAB$44.ABA2B$44.
5B$44.5B$44.5B!
The first option require a catalyst with high clearance, and the third option is relatively harder to find, I think, as restoration is hard. (And then that probably won't be what you call "small", and will not handle tight LWSS packs.) I suppose it's more likely to find a side-catalyst.

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: April 7th, 2020, 8:14 am
by Moosey
You could pair a snark with a 45 degree LWSS ->G, as you mentioned, so presumably that's not small enough. I feel there was one on the wiki but I'm not sure where :(

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: May 31st, 2020, 3:21 am
by Hunting
Moosey wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:14 am You could pair a snark with a 45 degree LWSS ->G, as you mentioned, so presumably that's not small enough. I feel there was one on the wiki but I'm not sure where :(
It's in the Life Lexicon!

Code: Select all

	.........O.OO....O.....
	.........OO.O...O.O....
	................O.O....
	.......OOOOO...OO.OOO..
	......O..O..O........O.
	......OO...OO..OO.OOO..
	...............OO.O....
	......................O
	....................OOO
	...................O...
	...................OO..
	.OOOOO.................
	O....O.................
	.....O.................
	O...O..................
	..O.............OO.....
	...............O..O....
	................OO.....
	........OO.............
	.......O.O.............
	.......O...............
	......OO...............
	...................OO..
	...................O...
	....................OOO
	......................O

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: May 31st, 2020, 3:50 am
by yujh
Hunting wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:21 am
Moosey wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:14 am You could pair a snark with a 45 degree LWSS ->G, as you mentioned, so presumably that's not small enough. I feel there was one on the wiki but I'm not sure where :(
It's in the Life Lexicon!

Code: Select all

	.........O.OO....O.....
	.........OO.O...O.O....
	................O.O....
	.......OOOOO...OO.OOO..
	......O..O..O........O.
	......OO...OO..OO.OOO..
	...............OO.O....
	......................O
	....................OOO
	...................O...
	...................OO..
	.OOOOO.................
	O....O.................
	.....O.................
	O...O..................
	..O.............OO.....
	...............O..O....
	................OO.....
	........OO.............
	.......O.O.............
	.......O...............
	......OO...............
	...................OO..
	...................O...
	....................OOO
	......................O
Look at my eater.

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: May 31st, 2020, 8:16 am
by Moosey
Hunting wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:21 am
Moosey wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:14 am You could pair a snark with a 45 degree LWSS ->G, as you mentioned, so presumably that's not small enough. I feel there was one on the wiki but I'm not sure where :(
It's in the Life Lexicon!

Code: Select all

	.........O.OO....O.....
	.........OO.O...O.O....
	................O.O....
	.......OOOOO...OO.OOO..
	......O..O..O........O.
	......OO...OO..OO.OOO..
	...............OO.O....
	......................O
	....................OOO
	...................O...
	...................OO..
	.OOOOO.................
	O....O.................
	.....O.................
	O...O..................
	..O.............OO.....
	...............O..O....
	................OO.....
	........OO.............
	.......O.O.............
	.......O...............
	......OO...............
	...................OO..
	...................O...
	....................OOO
	......................O
That's 45 degrees though

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: May 31st, 2020, 8:19 am
by Hunting
Moosey wrote: May 31st, 2020, 8:16 am
Hunting wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:21 am
Moosey wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:14 am You could pair a snark with a 45 degree LWSS ->G, as you mentioned, so presumably that's not small enough. I feel there was one on the wiki but I'm not sure where :(
It's in the Life Lexicon!

Code: Select all

	.........O.OO....O.....
	.........OO.O...O.O....
	................O.O....
	.......OOOOO...OO.OOO..
	......O..O..O........O.
	......OO...OO..OO.OOO..
	...............OO.O....
	......................O
	....................OOO
	...................O...
	...................OO..
	.OOOOO.................
	O....O.................
	.....O.................
	O...O..................
	..O.............OO.....
	...............O..O....
	................OO.....
	........OO.............
	.......O.O.............
	.......O...............
	......OO...............
	...................OO..
	...................O...
	....................OOO
	......................O
That's 45 degrees though
Ah, oaky. I thought we are talking about 45-degree.

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: June 3rd, 2020, 7:05 am
by Entity Valkyrie 2
triller wrote: April 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm Help!
Most (all?) of the existing (known) LW->G p30 devices are 45 degree.
Of course, 2 p30 guns will give me 135 degree, as will a 45 + 90 degree compound.
I've got narrow paths of adjacent LWSS's to pick off and redirect.
Any pointer will be appreciated.
triller
Here's your 135-degree LWSS-to-G.

Code: Select all

x = 44, y = 27, rule = B3/S23
7bo31b2o$6bobo6bo23bo$7bo6bobo24bo$14bobo4b2o14b5o$5b5o3b2ob3o3bo13bo$
4bo2bo2bo8bo2bobo12b3o$4b2o3b2o2b2ob3o4b2o15bo$13b2obo20b4o$20bo11b2o
3bo3b2o$18b3o11b2o4b3o2bo$17bo22bob2o$o2bo13b2o21bo$4bo34b2o$o3bo$b4o$
31b2o$14b2o15bo$13bo2bo15b3o$14b2o18bo$6b2o$5bobo$5bo$4b2o$17b2o$17bo$
18b3o$20bo!

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: June 3rd, 2020, 1:28 pm
by toroidalet
I've never understood why the "45-degree" reflector has an angle of 135 degrees between the glider and XWSS, while the "135-degree" reflector has an angle of 45 degrees. Can someone explain why this is the case?

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: June 3rd, 2020, 1:45 pm
by gameoflifemaniac
toroidalet wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 1:28 pm I've never understood why the "45-degree" reflector has an angle of 135 degrees between the glider and XWSS, while the "135-degree" reflector has an angle of 45 degrees. Can someone explain why this is the case?
We're not talking about the angle between the glider's and LWSS paths, but what angle it turns.

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: June 3rd, 2020, 1:48 pm
by Moosey
gameoflifemaniac wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 1:45 pm
toroidalet wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 1:28 pm I've never understood why the "45-degree" reflector has an angle of 135 degrees between the glider and XWSS, while the "135-degree" reflector has an angle of 45 degrees. Can someone explain why this is the case?
We're not talking about the angle between the glider's and LWSS paths, but what angle it turns.
Yeah. Basically, otherwise, empty space would be a 180 degree reflector, and that is clearly nonsense.

Re: seeking small stable LW->G 135 degree

Posted: June 15th, 2020, 10:37 pm
by bubblegum
gameoflifemaniac wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 1:45 pm
toroidalet wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 1:28 pm I've never understood why the "45-degree" reflector has an angle of 135 degrees between the glider and XWSS, while the "135-degree" reflector has an angle of 45 degrees. Can someone explain why this is the case?
We're not talking about the angle between the glider's and LWSS paths, but what angle it turns.
That picture is of a 45-degree G-LWSS.