Page 1 of 1

Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

Posted: January 28th, 2020, 3:14 am
by BokaBB
34578/257/16 is an interesting rule that one my friend posted instead of me,but I will do it again.
I call it ,, Spaceships and diamonds". It has lots of spaceships,some of what have ,,spine" and some grow indefinitely. I call these last ,,vital spaceships", since they normally cannot die. Ones that look like paralellograms I call ,,wings". There are also many diamond - shaped oscillators,some of them are square,diamond,table and heart. They sometimes may act as eaters and,when combined,they may act as guns. There are also many still lifes,most notable ones are cross and barge (same as game of life,but filled). There also exists one that I call ,,diamond" that is often produced in periodical spaceship collisions. Or bi - cross,rare still life that consists of two crosses. Most of the puffers are based on collisions beetwen spaceships. There are also many rakes.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

Re: Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

Posted: January 28th, 2020, 8:27 am
by nolovoto
BokaBB wrote: January 28th, 2020, 3:14 am
I am new,so I do not know how to open LifeViewer (I know where is a button,but not how to use it). Please answer!
If you meant open the life viewer in a forum post, all you have to do is paste the pattern from golly into a code block. The pattern should come out as text and the block will have a "show in viewer" button on it.

If you meant starting up a new rule in lifeviewer, use alt+r to change the rule and alt+n to create new. The controls are on the life wiki.

Re: Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

Posted: January 28th, 2020, 9:59 am
by Moosey
Judging by the lack of codeblocks, I think they wanted to know how to post a pattern
@BokaBB use
[code]pattern RLE[/code]
Where "pattern RLE" refers to the code you get when you copy the pattern

Re: Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

Posted: August 25th, 2020, 9:03 am
by BokaBB
Here is a new thread.
Have a good day!

BokaBB