Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

For discussion of other cellular automata.
Post Reply
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

Post by BokaBB »

34578/257/16 is an interesting rule that one my friend posted instead of me,but I will do it again.
I call it ,, Spaceships and diamonds". It has lots of spaceships,some of what have ,,spine" and some grow indefinitely. I call these last ,,vital spaceships", since they normally cannot die. Ones that look like paralellograms I call ,,wings". There are also many diamond - shaped oscillators,some of them are square,diamond,table and heart. They sometimes may act as eaters and,when combined,they may act as guns. There are also many still lifes,most notable ones are cross and barge (same as game of life,but filled). There also exists one that I call ,,diamond" that is often produced in periodical spaceship collisions. Or bi - cross,rare still life that consists of two crosses. Most of the puffers are based on collisions beetwen spaceships. There are also many rakes.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Last edited by BokaBB on August 25th, 2020, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
nolovoto
Posts: 49
Joined: January 5th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Re: Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

Post by nolovoto »

BokaBB wrote: January 28th, 2020, 3:14 am
I am new,so I do not know how to open LifeViewer (I know where is a button,but not how to use it). Please answer!
If you meant open the life viewer in a forum post, all you have to do is paste the pattern from golly into a code block. The pattern should come out as text and the block will have a "show in viewer" button on it.

If you meant starting up a new rule in lifeviewer, use alt+r to change the rule and alt+n to create new. The controls are on the life wiki.
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

Post by Moosey »

Judging by the lack of codeblocks, I think they wanted to know how to post a pattern
@BokaBB use
[code]pattern RLE[/code]
Where "pattern RLE" refers to the code you get when you copy the pattern
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Spaceships and diamonds (34578/257/16)

Post by BokaBB »

Here is a new thread.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Post Reply