This problem arises when attempting to tile two layers, regardless of the rules, patterns, etc. Updating my golly 3.2 to 3.3b2 and rebooting my Win10 x64 computer don't help. For instance, golly crashes when 1)in "Tile Layers" mode, add/clone/duplicate to make another layer, or 2)switch from "Stack Layers" to "Tile Layers" given two or more layers. Also, with the default settings, the typical green border between layers disappears when this situation comes up.
The only suspected cause seems to be an accidental misuse of envelop.py, when I mistakenly clicked on it and aborted it immediately.
Golly crashes when layers are tiled
-
GUYTU6J
- Posts: 2200
- Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
- Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
- Contact:
Golly crashes when layers are tiled
熠熠种花 - Glimmering Garden
Harvest Moon
2-engine p45 gliderless HWSS gun
Small p2070 glider gun
Forgive me if I withhold my enthusiasm.
Harvest Moon
2-engine p45 gliderless HWSS gun
Small p2070 glider gun
Forgive me if I withhold my enthusiasm.
Re: Golly crashes when layers are tiled
It doesn't look like the fix for this has made it into the latest Golly beta yet, but it's probably a known issue. If you uncheck View > Show Grid Lines, does the crash still occur?GUYTU6J wrote:This problem arises when attempting to tile two layers, regardless of the rules, patterns, etc. Updating my golly 3.2 to 3.3b2 and rebooting my Win10 x64 computer don't help.
-
GUYTU6J
- Posts: 2200
- Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
- Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
- Contact:
Re: Golly crashes when layers are tiled
No, it doesn't.The cases look alike, even though my computer doesn't use NVIDIA(instead, it uses Intel).dvgrn wrote:If you uncheck View > Show Grid Lines, does the crash still occur?
熠熠种花 - Glimmering Garden
Harvest Moon
2-engine p45 gliderless HWSS gun
Small p2070 glider gun
Forgive me if I withhold my enthusiasm.
Harvest Moon
2-engine p45 gliderless HWSS gun
Small p2070 glider gun
Forgive me if I withhold my enthusiasm.