Page 1 of 1

Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 7:47 pm
by TIGERALLCAPTAINS
Hey everyone, I'm currently doing a paper on the community around CA like Conway's Game, and I whipped up a quick survey that I was hoping you all could complete.

It's going to ask you somewhat personal information (age, how long you've worked with CA, etc.) so if you don't feel comfortable releasing anything at all personal in a paper, please feel free to not take it.

Here it is: https://goo.gl/forms/uqFLNyAC6hMb7Zgm2

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 8:02 pm
by pcallahan
I'm willing to do a survey, but can you provide information about the purpose, audience, etc. Is this a research project?

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 8:08 pm
by testitemqlstudop
why 18 years old, many people here are less than 18

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 8:22 pm
by googoIpIex
testitemqlstudop wrote:why 18 years old, many people here are less than 18
agreed

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 9:02 pm
by TIGERALLCAPTAINS
pcallahan wrote:I'm willing to do a survey, but can you provide information about the purpose, audience, etc. Is this a research project?
It's a college research project for English class, I'll be showing it in front of a class of about 25 people. I'm specifically doing a paper on the community that works with CA, since there's both a lot of scientists and a lot of more casual people working with them.

As for the age limit, I can't legally include someone's results if they're not old enough to give consent for it, so that's why that part is there.

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 9:18 pm
by Moosey
googoIpIex wrote:
testitemqlstudop wrote:why 18 years old, many people here are less than 18
agreed
Thirded.

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 9:23 pm
by TIGERALLCAPTAINS
okay the form has been edited to exclude the over 18 part

it's not that big of a deal anyway

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 9:53 pm
by AforAmpere
Is it anonymous?

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 10:03 pm
by TIGERALLCAPTAINS
Yes, no names or contact information will be required

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 10:14 pm
by benetnasch85
I hope you will share your results with us.

Re: Community survey

Posted: March 15th, 2019, 11:45 pm
by bprentice
Here are some additional questions:

Why are you a member of this forum?
What CA activities do you engage in?
What CA software do you use?
Why do you post?
Why do you read posts by other members?
Why do you not use your real name?
Why do you use an avatar?
How old are you?

Brian Prentice