Page 1 of 2

B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: March 10th, 2010, 7:54 pm
by Extrementhusiast
This is the thread for this particular rule. It initially appears Brain-like (with four colors), but then settles down. A simple breeder:

Code: Select all

11.
..1
I had to do visuals because it was so small.

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: March 10th, 2010, 11:27 pm
by Axaj
I've done a good bit of research in this rule.

Here are the c/2 spaceships so far:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 3, rule = 0/2/4
.B6.B.AC$B.B5.ABCA$ABA7.A!
Here are the oscillators so far:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 4, rule = 0/2/4
2.A6.A$.A6.A$A6.A$10.A!
That breeder you posted is a pattern which I have been trying to stabilize into a c/12 diagonal spaceship for quite some time. Hmm, what other object with infinite growth that moves at c/12 diagonal has become a spaceship? Anyways, this is the farthest I've gotten:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 15, rule = 0/2/4
3.2A$3.2BA$2.A2CBA$2.A2.CBA4.A$.ACA2.CBA$2.B2CBA.CBA$2.A2BA3.CBA$3.2A
4.CBA7$A!

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: March 10th, 2010, 11:57 pm
by Extrementhusiast
Another oscillator (p26, I think):

Code: Select all

1......
.1.....
..13...
..3.3..
...31..
.....1.
......1
The infinite growth thing that you were talking about is probably a switch engine. Here is a breeder:

Code: Select all

x = 61, y = 73, rule = 0/2/4
15.CBA$15.CBA$14.2B2.CBA$15.2BA.CBA$15.A.CBA.CBA$11.2C3.CBA2.CBA$11.
2B$11.2A$46.CBA$7.2C38.CBA$7.2B40.CBA$7.2A35.C5.CBA5.CBA$43.3C.AC.A.C
BA3.CBA$3.2C39.2C2.2C2A.CBA.CBA$3.2B2.A7.A7.A7.A7.A4.2A2C3.CBA.CBA$3.
2A40.A2B2.CBA.CBA$46.2A.CBA$A47.CBA$42.2C$42.2B$3.2A37.2A$3.2B32.C$3.
2C32.B2C$37.A2B$7.2A29.2A$7.2B$7.2C25.2C$13.CBA2.CBA13.2B$11.2A.CBA.C
BA13.2A$11.2C2A.CBA10.C$10.2C2A.CBA11.B2C$12.CBA14.A2B$12.CBA15.2A2$
26.2C$26.2B$26.2A$21.C$21.B2C$21.A2B$22.2A2$18.2C$18.2B$18.2A$13.C$
13.B2C$13.A2B$9.2A3.2A$8.A2C2A$9.2A.CBA$13.CBA$14.CBA$15.CBA$16.CBA$
17.CBA$18.CBA$19.CBA$20.CBA$21.CBA$22.CBA$23.CBA6.CBA$24.CBA6.CBA$25.
CBA6.CBA$26.CBA6.CBA2.CBA$27.CBA6.CBA.CBA$28.CBA7.CBA$29.CBA5.CBA$30.
CBA3.CBA$31.CBA.CBA$33.CBA$32.CBA$31.CBA!
(Yes, I have the new version of Golly.) I know that there are a lot of unnecessary cells in there, but you get the idea.

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: May 24th, 2010, 5:52 am
by David
Extrementhusiast wrote: The infinite growth thing that you were talking about is probably a switch engine. Here is a breeder:

Code: Select all

x = 61, y = 73, rule = 0/2/4
15.CBA$15.CBA$14.2B2.CBA$15.2BA.CBA$15.A.CBA.CBA$11.2C3.CBA2.CBA$11.
2B$11.2A$46.CBA$7.2C38.CBA$7.2B40.CBA$7.2A35.C5.CBA5.CBA$43.3C.AC.A.C
BA3.CBA$3.2C39.2C2.2C2A.CBA.CBA$3.2B2.A7.A7.A7.A7.A4.2A2C3.CBA.CBA$3.
2A40.A2B2.CBA.CBA$46.2A.CBA$A47.CBA$42.2C$42.2B$3.2A37.2A$3.2B32.C$3.
2C32.B2C$37.A2B$7.2A29.2A$7.2B$7.2C25.2C$13.CBA2.CBA13.2B$11.2A.CBA.C
BA13.2A$11.2C2A.CBA10.C$10.2C2A.CBA11.B2C$12.CBA14.A2B$12.CBA15.2A2$
26.2C$26.2B$26.2A$21.C$21.B2C$21.A2B$22.2A2$18.2C$18.2B$18.2A$13.C$
13.B2C$13.A2B$9.2A3.2A$8.A2C2A$9.2A.CBA$13.CBA$14.CBA$15.CBA$16.CBA$
17.CBA$18.CBA$19.CBA$20.CBA$21.CBA$22.CBA$23.CBA6.CBA$24.CBA6.CBA$25.
CBA6.CBA$26.CBA6.CBA2.CBA$27.CBA6.CBA.CBA$28.CBA7.CBA$29.CBA5.CBA$30.
CBA3.CBA$31.CBA.CBA$33.CBA$32.CBA$31.CBA!
(Yes, I have the new version of Golly.) I know that there are a lot of unnecessary cells in there, but you get the idea.
This breeder is puffer-shooting-wickstrecher breeder! amazing!

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: May 24th, 2010, 3:06 pm
by ebcube
Interesting rule. I found a spaceship with an arm of arbitrary size:

EDIT: Wrong rule :oops:

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 2nd, 2023, 5:39 am
by Quantum-mechanics
My all found pattern:

Code: Select all

x = 549, y = 38, rule = 0/2/4
173.CBA$173.CBA19.ABC$195.ABC$180.CBA$180.CBA73.CBA$69.CBA26.CBA3.A8.
ABC10.ABC127.CBA20.ABC$69.CBA26.CBA12.ABC10.ABC150.ABC$184.2A77.CBA31.
ABC$102.A81.2B77.CBA31.ABC$184.2C2$267.2A$267.2B$267.2C2$479.CBA$479.
CBA$546.ABC$391.2C87.2A48.CBA13.ABC$CBA10.CBA10.CBA10.CBA10.CBA10.CBA
6.A316.2B87.2B29.CBA16.CBA9.A$CBA10.CBA10.CBA10.CBA10.CBA10.CBA323.2A
87.2C15.CBA11.CBA$497.CBA$72.A441.CBA$500.CBA11.CBA$500.CBA$517.CBA$272.
2A227.2A14.CBA$272.2B227.2B$112.BA158.2C112.CBA112.2C15.2A$113.B272.C
BA129.2B$67.A44.ACA295.ABC105.2C$73.CBA36.CA273.2A21.ABC$65.A7.CBA311.
2B$387.2C2$74.BA$75.B$74.BA!
13 years!

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 2nd, 2023, 5:42 am
by Quantum-mechanics
Extrementhusiast wrote: March 10th, 2010, 11:57 pm Another oscillator (p26, I think):

Code: Select all

1......
.1.....
..13...
..3.3..
...31..
.....1.
......1
The infinite growth thing that you were talking about is probably a switch engine. Here is a breeder:

Code: Select all

x = 61, y = 73, rule = 0/2/4
15.CBA$15.CBA$14.2B2.CBA$15.2BA.CBA$15.A.CBA.CBA$11.2C3.CBA2.CBA$11.
2B$11.2A$46.CBA$7.2C38.CBA$7.2B40.CBA$7.2A35.C5.CBA5.CBA$43.3C.AC.A.C
BA3.CBA$3.2C39.2C2.2C2A.CBA.CBA$3.2B2.A7.A7.A7.A7.A4.2A2C3.CBA.CBA$3.
2A40.A2B2.CBA.CBA$46.2A.CBA$A47.CBA$42.2C$42.2B$3.2A37.2A$3.2B32.C$3.
2C32.B2C$37.A2B$7.2A29.2A$7.2B$7.2C25.2C$13.CBA2.CBA13.2B$11.2A.CBA.C
BA13.2A$11.2C2A.CBA10.C$10.2C2A.CBA11.B2C$12.CBA14.A2B$12.CBA15.2A2$
26.2C$26.2B$26.2A$21.C$21.B2C$21.A2B$22.2A2$18.2C$18.2B$18.2A$13.C$
13.B2C$13.A2B$9.2A3.2A$8.A2C2A$9.2A.CBA$13.CBA$14.CBA$15.CBA$16.CBA$
17.CBA$18.CBA$19.CBA$20.CBA$21.CBA$22.CBA$23.CBA6.CBA$24.CBA6.CBA$25.
CBA6.CBA$26.CBA6.CBA2.CBA$27.CBA6.CBA.CBA$28.CBA7.CBA$29.CBA5.CBA$30.
CBA3.CBA$31.CBA.CBA$33.CBA$32.CBA$31.CBA!
(Yes, I have the new version of Golly.) I know that there are a lot of unnecessary cells in there, but you get the idea.
You need to enter the x, y and rule name, like this:

Code: Select all

x=7, y=7, rule=0/2/4
A$.A$2.AC$2.C.C$3.CA$5.A$6.A!
EDIT:
The tagalong:

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 76, rule = 0/2/4
$64.AB$64.B.B$64.AB.AC$68.AC!

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 2nd, 2023, 10:25 am
by azulavoir
With analogy to Brian's Brain and Live Free or Die, I'm going to call this rule Think Free or Die.

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 2nd, 2023, 11:22 pm
by Quantum-mechanics
azulavoir wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:25 am With analogy to Brian's Brain and Live Free or Die, I'm going to call this rule Think Free or Die.
It’s also like the Star Wars.

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 2nd, 2023, 11:30 pm
by b-engine
Quantum-mechanics wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 11:22 pm
azulavoir wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:25 am With analogy to Brian's Brain and Live Free or Die, I'm going to call this rule Think Free or Die.
It’s also like the Star Wars.
It's also like FireWorld too.

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 14th, 2023, 8:47 am
by Yoel
More like Star Wars (also 4 states).
b-engine wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 11:30 pm It's also like FireWorld too.

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 14th, 2023, 9:14 am
by b-engine
In fact I'd investigated the rule before the topic was created; I'd been trying to corderize the slow moving spiral growth:

Code: Select all

x = 85, y = 86, rule = 0/2/4
.A83$A.A$.BA$.A82.A!
EDIT:
Better:

Code: Select all

x = 112, y = 117, rule = 0/2/4
28.A81$A110.A2$27.A.A$28.BA$28.A31$25.A!

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 15th, 2023, 6:23 pm
by eRroR_6o6
puffer

Code: Select all

x = 30, y = 18, rule = 0/2/4
6$9.AB$9.ABC.A$11.A2BA$13.B$13.AC$14.BC$14.2A!
Edit: closest i've been to stabilization of the breeder

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = 0/2/4
9.A3$3.A$3.A$4.A3$.A!

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 16th, 2023, 3:02 am
by Quantum-mechanics
eRroR_6o6 wrote: December 15th, 2023, 6:23 pm puffer

Code: Select all

RLE
…
This isn’t puffer.

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: December 16th, 2023, 2:34 pm
by eRroR_6o6
Quantum-mechanics wrote: December 16th, 2023, 3:02 am
eRroR_6o6 wrote: December 15th, 2023, 6:23 pm puffer

Code: Select all

RLE
…
This isn’t puffer.
ye it's technically a puffer with a wickstretcher
i haven't found a way to remove the wickstretcher though

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: August 7th, 2025, 8:42 pm
by WRAPboi
I have been studdying this for a long time, and i didn't find anything on it, so I thought I made it, but now, you found the TAGALONG, BOTH SLOWSHIPS, A THIRD OSCILLATOR, AND A WAY TO BREED INFINITE WAVES??? i wish i knew about this earlier... :oops:

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: August 7th, 2025, 9:22 pm
by WRAPboi
you've found everything I have! GG.
I found these wonderful patterns:

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: August 7th, 2025, 9:32 pm
by WRAPboi
think free or die should have a page on the wiki.

Code: Select all

x=0, y=0, rule=0/2/4
!
:mrgreen:

fixed viewer --hotdogPi

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: August 8th, 2025, 5:11 am
by b-engine
WRAPboi wrote: August 7th, 2025, 9:32 pm think free or die should have a page on the wiki.
I don't think so. This rule do not have enough notability to justify wiki page.

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: August 10th, 2025, 6:57 pm
by WRAPboi
neither did bug'smovie...

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: August 11th, 2025, 12:18 am
by b-engine
WRAPboi wrote: August 10th, 2025, 6:57 pm neither did bug'smovie...
If you mean Bugsmovie, I would say that it has historical significance (included in MCell).

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: August 11th, 2025, 1:23 am
by WRAPboi
well, this has SOME significance!

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: September 24th, 2025, 3:19 am
by ThePlayzr
WRAPboi wrote: August 11th, 2025, 1:23 am well, this has SOME significance!
Make yourself a user page (User:WRAPboi). Then, make a page under User:WRAPboi/PlusTwo or User:WRAPboi/Think free or die. Then, it doesn't really need to be notable, because the page will be hidden under normal searches (when doing a search, click the 'everything' button, and then it will come up). But, do not take this as a reason to make a bunch of random pages under your user.
Also, 4 more c/2 tagalongs:

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 9, rule = 0/2/4
.A5.A5.A7.A$ACA3.ACA3.ACA5.ACA$CAC3.CAC3.CAC5.CAC$.C5.C5.C7.C$2.2A4.2A
4.2A6.2A$AB2C3.A2C3.A2C5.A2C$B6.C5.CA6.CA$14.CBA5.CA$16.B6.C!
Very easy to find with rlifesrc.
There don't appear to be any more though...

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: September 26th, 2025, 11:09 pm
by R2INT
Here is a c/3 spaceship:

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 4, rule = 0/2/4
2.A.A$.A.B.A$CACBCAC$AC3.CA!

Re: B2/S0/C4 (another multiple-state rule)

Posted: September 26th, 2025, 11:34 pm
by ThePlayzr
R2INT wrote: September 26th, 2025, 11:09 pm Here is a c/3 spaceship:

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 4, rule = 0/2/4
2.A.A$.A.B.A$CACBCAC$AC3.CA!
They can connect together:

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 18, rule = 0/2/4
2.A.A$.A.B.A$CACBCAC$AC3.CA3$A.A.A.A$.A3BA$3.B$3.B$ABCBCBA$BCA.ACB$.C
3.C$C5.C$2.A.A$.A.B.A$CACBCAC$AC3.CA!