Page 1 of 4

Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:41 am
by Redstoneboi
guess the pattern!
basically someone posts an rle of about 75% of the original pattern
*1: pattern must be in lifewiki
*2: if nobody guesses it within a day, you may add more cells.
*3: this repeats until rule 4.
*4: if on the 5th day (12:00pm in their timezone) the challenge is still unsolved, the challenge creator gives the solution.

A:

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
o2bo$4bo$o$bob2o!
B: "figure eight?"

A: "no"

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
o2bo$4bo$o3bo$bob2o!
B: "LWSS?"

A: "Correct"

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
o2bo$4bo$o3bo$b4o!
C: “Next challenge:”

Code: Select all

next pattern

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:44 am
by Redstoneboi
I'll start

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 23, rule = B3/S23
15bo$14b2o2$12bo7$2b2o$3bo5b2o$2o7b2o$o2$14bo$10b2obobo$11bobo$6bo2bob
o5b2o$6b4o2bo2bo2bo$10bo4b2o$8bobo$8bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:48 am
by Macbi
Redstoneboi wrote:I'll start

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 23, rule = B3/S23
15bo$14b2o2$12bo7$2b2o$3bo5b2o$2o7b2o$o2$14bo$10b2obobo$11bobo$6bo2bob
o5b2o$6b4o2bo2bo2bo$10bo4b2o$8bobo$8bo!
Is that a Snark?

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:49 am
by Redstoneboi
yes!
your turn to add a pattern

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:49 am
by Macbi
Yay!

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 5, rule = Life
b2o4b3o$o2bo3bob2obo$o2bo9bo$2o2bo4bo3bo$b4o4b4o!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:51 am
by Redstoneboi
simkin glider gun?

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:53 am
by Macbi
Nice! I thought that would have been harder.

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:58 am
by Redstoneboi

Code: Select all

x = 30, y = 29, rule = B3/S23
o$o$2bo5bo$bo6bobo$o3bo2bo$bo2bobob2o$6bob2o$20b2o8$28bo$28b2o$9b2o3bo
$7bobo4b2o$2b3obo9bo$6bobo3b4o$7bo3b2o6$8bo$8b2o!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 9:43 am
by praosylen
Redstoneboi wrote:

Code: Select all

x = 30, y = 29, rule = B3/S23
o$o$2bo5bo$bo6bobo$o3bo2bo$bo2bobob2o$6bob2o$20b2o8$28bo$28b2o$9b2o3bo
$7bobo4b2o$2b3obo9bo$6bobo3b4o$7bo3b2o6$8bo$8b2o!
Block-laying switch engine?

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: June 11th, 2018, 8:34 pm
by Redstoneboi
correct, your turn

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 3rd, 2018, 9:26 am
by Hunting
Waiting for next puzzle...
I have a puzzle, too.

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 3rd, 2018, 5:58 pm
by Redstoneboi
since few people are doing this, let’s make it so that:
anybody can post a new challenge.
if nobody posts a solution after 5 days, the solution is given by the challenge creator.
rules have been updated.

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 3rd, 2018, 11:36 pm
by Hdjensofjfnen

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
4bo2$bo2bo$2bobo$o$b2o!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 3rd, 2018, 11:42 pm
by dani
Hdjensofjfnen wrote:

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
4bo2$bo2bo$2bobo$o$b2o!
Mould. (Or mold if you're not me)

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 6th, 2018, 12:01 am
by Hunting
Simple one:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobobo$5bo$bobobob2o$3bobo2bo$b2o3bo!
And a harder puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo$3bo5bo$3bo3bo$b2o7bo$o4bo$2bo5bo2$bobo$o4bobo4bo$5bobo2bo$3bo5bo$
5bobo$8bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 6th, 2018, 4:27 am
by Redstoneboi
Hunting wrote:Simple one:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobobo$5bo$bobobob2o$3bobo2bo$b2o3bo!
And a harder puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo$3bo5bo$3bo3bo$b2o7bo$o4bo$2bo5bo2$bobo$o4bobo4bo$5bobo2bo$3bo5bo$
5bobo$8bo!
Inflected 30-great sym

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobob2o$3bobo$2obobob2o$o2bobo2bo$b2o3b2o!
and the other one has too few cells, but i’m guessing cloverleaf interchange

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo3bo$3bobobobo$3bobobobo$b2o2bobo2b2o$o4bobo4bo$b4o3b4o2$b4o3b4o$o4b
obo4bo$b2o2bobo2b2o$3bobobobo$3bobobobo$4bo3bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 6th, 2018, 7:14 am
by Hunting
Redstoneboi wrote:
Hunting wrote:Simple one:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobobo$5bo$bobobob2o$3bobo2bo$b2o3bo!
And a harder puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo$3bo5bo$3bo3bo$b2o7bo$o4bo$2bo5bo2$bobo$o4bobo4bo$5bobo2bo$3bo5bo$
5bobo$8bo!
Inflected 30-great sym

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobob2o$3bobo$2obobob2o$o2bobo2bo$b2o3b2o!
and the other one has too few cells, but i’m guessing cloverleaf interchange

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo3bo$3bobobobo$3bobobobo$b2o2bobo2b2o$o4bobo4bo$b4o3b4o2$b4o3b4o$o4b
obo4bo$b2o2bobo2b2o$3bobobobo$3bobobobo$4bo3bo!
RIGHT!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 6th, 2018, 7:21 am
by Hunting
Next puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obo2$bo4bo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!
I know there's too few cells but I'll add some cells then

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 6th, 2018, 7:31 am
by Hunting
I have another VERY-VERY-HARD puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2bo15bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$10bobo7bo$2o
8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8bo4bo$3b2o!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 6th, 2018, 9:36 am
by Hunting
Hunting wrote:Next puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obo2$bo4bo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!
I know there's too few cells but I'll add some cells then
I'll add two cells:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obobo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 6th, 2018, 9:43 am
by Hunting
Hunting wrote:I have another VERY-VERY-HARD puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2bo15bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$10bobo7bo$2o
8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8bo4bo$3b2o!
I'll add three cells.

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2b2o14bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$o9bobo7bo$
2o8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8b2o3bo$3b2o!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 7th, 2018, 2:57 am
by gameoflifemaniac
Hunting wrote:
Hunting wrote:I have another VERY-VERY-HARD puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2bo15bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$10bobo7bo$2o
8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8bo4bo$3b2o!
I'll add three cells.

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2b2o14bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$o9bobo7bo$
2o8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8b2o3bo$3b2o!
Twin gun?

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 7th, 2018, 3:44 am
by PHPBB12345
gameoflifemaniac wrote:
Hunting wrote:
Hunting wrote:I have another VERY-VERY-HARD puzzle:

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2bo15bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$10bobo7bo$2o
8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8bo4bo$3b2o!
I'll add three cells.

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2b2o14bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$o9bobo7bo$
2o8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8b2o3bo$3b2o!
Twin gun?
no, it's twin bees shuttle

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
17.CA3.C$2.AC13.3A.A.2C4.AC$2.2C13.ACA4.A4.2A$20.C3.C$21.A2C$3.AC3.2C
$2.3C3.2AC10.3A$C2A7.CAC7.C3.A$2CA7.CAC4.C2A4.A$A2C7.3C4.CAC.C.2A$2.
3C3.C2A6.2C3.C$3.2C3.2A!

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 7th, 2018, 5:53 am
by Hunting
PHPBB12345 wrote:
gameoflifemaniac wrote:
Hunting wrote: I'll add three cells.

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2b2o14bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$o9bobo7bo$
2o8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8b2o3bo$3b2o!
Twin gun?
no, it's twin bees shuttle

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
17.CA3.C$2.AC13.3A.A.2C4.AC$2.2C13.ACA4.A4.2A$20.C3.C$21.A2C$3.AC3.2C
$2.3C3.2AC10.3A$C2A7.CAC7.C3.A$2CA7.CAC4.C2A4.A$A2C7.3C4.CAC.C.2A$2.
3C3.C2A6.2C3.C$3.2C3.2A!
Yep. It's twin-bee shuttle.

Re: Guess the pattern

Posted: August 7th, 2018, 6:01 am
by Saka

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
3bo$4bo$5bo$2bo$bo2bobo3$2bo3bo$o6bo2$bo4bo$5bo$3bo!