Page 1 of 1

Weird Copy Bug

Posted: August 10th, 2017, 12:34 pm
by BlinkerSpawn
I seem to have problems with Ctrl+C'ing from code boxes now for some reason. This has been going on for the past few days. If I want to paste an RLE I have to use the Select All and manually right-click > Copy to paste it into Golly.
Is anyone else having this problem?
I'm using Chrome 60.0 on Windows 10 with Golly 3.0b2.
EDIT: Specifically, the clipboard does not update when I use Ctrl+C from code boxes.

Re: Weird Copy Bug

Posted: August 10th, 2017, 6:29 pm
by gmc_nxtman
I've been having a similar problem, although it seems to work if I highlight the whole code block by hand, and then copy it, using either Cmd-C or Edit > Copy. Using the "select all" button does not work with either of those methods. I've tested FireFox and Safari and both of them can copy BBCode properly using the "select all" button. None of the topics on the PhPBB forum or anywhere else seem to address this issue. I'm using macOS Sierra 10.12.16 and Chrome 60.0.3112.90.

Re: Weird Copy Bug

Posted: August 10th, 2017, 8:50 pm
by BlinkerSpawn
gmc_nxtman wrote:I've been having a similar problem, although it seems to work if I highlight the whole code block by hand, and then copy it, using either Cmd-C or Edit > Copy.
Hmm, manual selection works for me too.

Re: Weird Copy Bug

Posted: August 10th, 2017, 9:28 pm
by dvgrn
BlinkerSpawn wrote:
gmc_nxtman wrote:I've been having a similar problem, although it seems to work if I highlight the whole code block by hand, and then copy it, using either Cmd-C or Edit > Copy.
Hmm, manual selection works for me too.
For the case where it doesn't work, and the case where it does, if you paste the copied text into a text editor, what do you see? In theory there ought to be a difference -- e.g., a leading space before the "x" in the header line...?

Re: Weird Copy Bug

Posted: August 10th, 2017, 10:26 pm
by Saka
Same here! Thought it was only me!

Re: Weird Copy Bug

Posted: August 11th, 2017, 8:23 am
by BlinkerSpawn
dvgrn wrote:For the case where it doesn't work, and the case where it does, if you paste the copied text into a text editor, what do you see? In theory there ought to be a difference -- e.g., a leading space before the "x" in the header line...?
For the cases where it doesn't work the clipboard just doesn't update, so if I paste into a text editor I get whatever the last thing I successfully copied was.
So if I use Select All > right click to copy

Code: Select all

A
and then use Select All > Ctrl-C to copy

Code: Select all

B
pasting into a text editor gives "A".

Re: Weird Copy Bug

Posted: August 11th, 2017, 8:29 am
by Saka
For me, it goes like this.
In clipboard: Whatever
Select All > Control + C

Code: Select all

Something
Paste: Whatever

Select all manually > Control + C

Code: Select all

Some other thing
Paste: Some other thing

Haven't tested for Right click > Copy.

Re: Weird Copy Bug

Posted: August 11th, 2017, 12:32 pm
by praosylen
I restarted my browser (Chrome on Mac OS 10.12) on accident, and now I'm getting this too.