Page 1 of 1

GOLAD (Game of Life and Death)?

Posted: February 25th, 2017, 1:16 am
by Tezcatlipoca
Anyone here seen Cary Huang's Game of Life and Death yet?

https://youtu.be/JkGZ2Hl1l8c

I find this concept really interesting. Seems like the perfect pastime for us. Unfortunately it's not on Android or desktop yet (iOS only right now) so I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet. I am excited for when it will though. Maybe we will have something like this in Golly or in the web viewer here one day!

Re: GOLAD (Game of Life and Death)?

Posted: February 25th, 2017, 4:51 am
by biggiemac
I have an iPhone and just got this, it seems great! Anyone else from the forums playing?

Re: GOLAD (Game of Life and Death)?

Posted: February 25th, 2017, 5:00 pm
by superstrijder15
I'm doing it to, though I haven't got an Iphone, but someone made a Java version so I use the computer

Re: GOLAD (Game of Life and Death)?

Posted: February 26th, 2017, 5:20 am
by Tezcatlipoca
Interesting. Does the Java version allow for networked mulitplayer games? I would expect not consider how integrated into the iOS ecosystem those methods he used for multiplayer were. I wonder if it will ever get there. We could all have a lot of fun with a platform agnostic version of this game that allowed for online multiplayer