RLE linebreak parse error?
Posted: September 15th, 2016, 7:13 pm
Golly 2.8, Windows 64-bit.
Copying this RLE to clipboard
And pasting into golly, I get this RLE instead (viewer demonstrates where the difference is)
If I remove the linebreaks, I get the correct RLE.
Playing around more, I typed the RLEs below
versus
And they display differently in my version of Golly. Namely, the above one is two dots, as if the 8 and o are disconnected. Are linebreaks now treated improperly, or is something corrupted on my end? Other users, please report if the same happens to you.
(Golly has already been acting strangely on my end lately, after running a number of large patterns, but this is the first real error I have encountered. Other behavior has just been intermittent unresponsiveness.)
Copying this RLE to clipboard
Code: Select all
x = 61, y = 51, rule = B3/S23
27bo$25bobo$26b2o30bo$15bo41bo$16b2o39b3o$15b2o8$39bo$39bobo$2bo36b2o$
2bo$o2bo2$2o2b2o41bo$48bo$2bo2bo40b3o3bo$3bo47b2o$3bo47bobo$43b2o$42b2
o$44bo22$58b2o$58bobo$58bo!Code: Select all
x = 61, y = 51, rule = B3/S23
27bo$25bobo$26b2o30bo$15bo41bo$16b2o39b3o$15b2o8$39bo$39bobo$2bo36b2o$
2bo$o2bo2$2o2b2o41bo$48bo$2bo2bo40b3o3bo$3bo47b2o$3bo47bobo$43b2o$42bo
$44bo22$58b2o$58bobo$58bo!
Playing around more, I typed the RLEs below
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 1, rule = B3/S23
bb8
obo!
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 1, rule = B3/S23
bb8obo!
(Golly has already been acting strangely on my end lately, after running a number of large patterns, but this is the first real error I have encountered. Other behavior has just been intermittent unresponsiveness.)