Page 1 of 1

How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns?

Posted: March 26th, 2013, 2:14 pm
by Nicbudd77
How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns? What I mean is like how do I make an eater eat a glider without the glider destroying the eater? I have tried to get patterns that have gliders at the right locations, but I can't keep the same location. If I place down blocks, the glider messes them up. What do you do to make them react?

Re: How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns?

Posted: March 26th, 2013, 3:34 pm
by DivusIulius
Image :?:
See also:
Eater 1
Eater

Re: How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns?

Posted: March 27th, 2013, 7:04 am
by Nicbudd77
Ah, there are guides. Thank you. I am a newbie, so I might ask some questions.

Re: How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns?

Posted: March 27th, 2013, 5:43 pm
by DivusIulius
Nicbudd77 wrote:Ah, there are guides. Thank you. I am a newbie, so I might ask some questions.
Newbies are welcomed here... ;)

Re: How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns?

Posted: April 7th, 2014, 7:19 pm
by Gpennder_____409
a p140 puffer can be altered into a p100 puffer with a bi-block

Re: How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns?

Posted: April 8th, 2014, 2:16 pm
by twinb7
Gpennder_____409 wrote:a p140 puffer can be altered into a p100 puffer with a bi-block
Pattern?

Re: How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns?

Posted: April 9th, 2014, 9:46 pm
by Gpennder_____409
twinb7 wrote:
Gpennder_____409 wrote:a p140 puffer can be altered into a p100 puffer with a bi-block
Pattern?
CORDER PUFFER :evil:

Re: How do I place patterns to interact with other patterns?

Posted: April 9th, 2014, 11:56 pm
by twinb7
Gpennder_____409 wrote:
twinb7 wrote:
Gpennder_____409 wrote:a p140 puffer can be altered into a p100 puffer with a bi-block
Pattern?
CORDER PUFFER :evil:
What you can do is run Golly and copy the pattern as you normally would, and then paste it in text form so I can use the pattern myself! :D

Unless you aren't using Golly, in which case never mind.