Page 1 of 1

Golly should be for IPhone

Posted: March 12th, 2013, 3:09 pm
by Nicbudd77
I think golly should be for IPhone and android because all of the games of life on the IPhone are not that good (No offense).

Re: Golly should be for IPhone

Posted: March 12th, 2013, 5:50 pm
by Andrew
I think the reason they're not that good is because the screen size is too small to have anything but fairly basic functionality (start/stop, step, clear, and a few other buttons at most).

I thought about doing an iPhone version of Golly when I was working on the iPad version, but the iPhone interface would have to be drastically simpler and so would end up looking a lot like the other Life apps already available (although iGolly would run patterns a LOT faster!). Anyway, I might change my mind one day. Or somebody else might do it -- all the source code is available from sourceforge (the Xcode project is in the gui-ios folder):

Code: Select all

git clone git://golly.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/golly/golly

Re: Golly should be for IPhone

Posted: March 18th, 2013, 12:11 pm
by LWSS
There's one called LifeSim that I use, it's the best one that i've used and it was only 2$