Page 1 of 1

Methuselahs

Posted: March 11th, 2013, 8:35 pm
by Nicbudd77
If you have any interesting Methuselahs, post them here with the RLE please. Thanks.

Re: Methuselahs

Posted: March 11th, 2013, 9:03 pm
by Tropylium
OK, here's a few.

Two honeyfarm reaction running 10722 generations:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
11bo$10b2o$10bobo$11bo2$3o$2bo$o$bo!
Fuse (→ R + 2 blinkers) running 6634 generations:

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
12bo$12bo$11bobo$10bo3bo$9bo$8bo$7bo$6bo$5bo$4bo$3bo$2bo$bo$o!
Thunderbird-based diehard running 200 generations:

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 21, rule = B3/S23
3o2$bo$bo$bo14$bo$bo$bo!

Re: Methuselahs

Posted: March 12th, 2013, 2:34 pm
by Nicbudd77
Tropylium, I like your Methuselahs. They are very interesting, but in the rle's, I had to change the rule life to 23/3. Just something I wanted to point out.

Re: Methuselahs

Posted: March 12th, 2013, 6:16 pm
by David
Nicbudd77 wrote:in the rle's, I had to change the rule life to 23/3.
In Golly, you can just copy and paste the pattern, regardless of rule.

Re: Methuselahs

Posted: March 16th, 2013, 3:54 pm
by Nicbudd77
Oh. When I did it, It didn't work. Maybe it is because I don't have perl or python.

Re: Methuselahs

Posted: March 16th, 2013, 7:24 pm
by Gtetr
Here, not sure if this one's been found.

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
o3b2o$bo2bo$bobobo$2bo!

Re: Methuselahs

Posted: March 27th, 2013, 12:48 pm
by OHAD
Okay, I was just wondering about something- Can unidimensional patterns (1*N) be counted as methuselahs?
If so, here are some interesting and simple methuselahs you can add in to the list in the wiki:
http://infinitegrowth.wordpress.com/200 ... -patterns/
Of course, the most famous one in there is the infinite-growth pattern (though that's not a methuselah)-

Code: Select all

#CXRLE Pos=0,0
x = 39, y = 1, rule = B3/S23
8ob5o3b3o6b7ob5o!

Re: Methuselahs

Posted: March 27th, 2013, 5:47 pm
by DivusIulius
OHAD wrote:If so, here are some interesting and simple methuselahs you can add in to the list in the wiki:
http://infinitegrowth.wordpress.com/200 ... -patterns/
Oh! That's my old, beloved blog! :wink: