Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 9:54 am
BokaBB wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 9:43 am
I have an interesting idea:we should make old Komal,a more ancient version that will be way more different than Komal.
We shall make a new subsheet with old Komal in 4 phases labeled from 1 to 4 for various age:1 is the oldest and 4 the youngest. The fifth column shall be the today's Komal and the sixth the transcription.
I will allow you to make old Komals with whatever level of creativity you wish.
We also should make a new subsheet with personal names of the Komalunral people. There should be two columns with male and female names as well as for the last names.
A last name suffix would be interesting. In Serbian almost all last names end with -ић, including my one. In some other languages the last name suffix is different with gender,but not in our -ић last names (altrough there are rarer ones that differ with gender). I wish the one in Komal to be the Serbian type.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Making and old version of a language would be hard. Do you want etymology? If you do, then older versions should have fewer words. I like the idea of names, I've been thinking about that myself. Conlangs are made without culture, so adding it in could be interesting. Does -ић mean "son of"? We have -oğlu in Turkish, though there are many surnames without it.
Son is син in Serbian,but I am pretty sure -ић means ,,the descendant of",that is similar. For an example those with the last name Јовановић probably had an ancestor called Јован (John). There are some last names that have no connection with any name, however, altrough they are rather rare.
Most rare surnames are imposed by Bulgarian rule during World War I. I can say for sure -ов. However,I am not sure about -ски,more typical for Macedonians for us. There is also a very small minority of people which surnames can also be used as names, altrough they are rather super rare.
Older versions of the languages usually tend to be more complex than their modern versions since people over time removed hard sounds and grammar parts. Since I know some Russian,I know that you can't use гы (please find an IPA value of ы for me)together, altrough you could in Old Slavic. That combination along with a few more was too hard to pronounce and people changed ы to и.
I think old Komal also should be more complex. You can be free to do anything there,I won't interfere in ANY way.
Many personal names have meanings, altrough there are also lots of these without the clear one (or at least not yet known). I would like to see most,if not all, Komal names have some meaning.
You can also invent new names from the same root. For an example in Serbian we have a female name Зора, literally meaning ,,Dawn". You can invent things like Зорица,Зорка,Зорана etc. from it,as well as the male variant Зоран. All female names I know of (except maybe something like Зорче, altrough I, personally don't believe much ladies are named like that)end with -а,while male names can end with any letter, altrough there are relatively few ending with -а. Should Komal have a similar system?
Also, should Komalunral have middle names?In Serbia we have no tradition of giving them,but some people like Englishmen do.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB