LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
User avatar
lk050807
Posts: 113
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm
Location: One hour from a river were salmons leap.

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by lk050807 »

Can you trust me on the wiki? My username is X99.
"For the snark is a boojum, you see."
The P3 guy.

Whaz this?

Please support HeartLife

HELP WANTED!
I discovered a new p101 SKOP! Its md5 hash is: b5de045f2a2f5a35160f69afd5ba9572!
Now apgsearching so, not online.
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2276
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by hotdogPi »

lk050807 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:20 pm Can you trust me on the wiki? My username is X99.
Are you by any chance the same X99 as the one on aaroads.com?
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
User avatar
lk050807
Posts: 113
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm
Location: One hour from a river were salmons leap.

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by lk050807 »

hotdogPi wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:47 pm
lk050807 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:20 pm Can you trust me on the wiki? My username is X99.
Are you by any chance the same X99 as the one on aaroads.com?
I`m not the X99 on aaroad.com
"For the snark is a boojum, you see."
The P3 guy.

Whaz this?

Please support HeartLife

HELP WANTED!
I discovered a new p101 SKOP! Its md5 hash is: b5de045f2a2f5a35160f69afd5ba9572!
Now apgsearching so, not online.
bluemanofgrapes
Posts: 96
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 6:17 am
Location: Scotland

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by bluemanofgrapes »

May my account, bluemanofgrapes, be trusted?

I have been interested in the wiki for around 4 years and would like to contribute to this wonderful community.
As time goes by, we are discovering more and more every year.
Guns 'n' Gliders:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6005
User avatar
Ian07
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: Pennsylvania, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 »

lk050807 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:20 pm Can you trust me on the wiki? My username is X99.
Apologies for the unusually long delay, but done.
bluemanofgrapes wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:34 am May my account, bluemanofgrapes, be trusted?

I have been interested in the wiki for around 4 years and would like to contribute to this wonderful community.
Not seeing an account with this name. You'll need to make a separate account on the wiki, since the account system there is completely separate from that of the forums.
Wiki: http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/User:Ian07
Discord: lan07 (yes, that's a lowercase L)

xs24_69bobjob96
User avatar
Fixer_APX
Posts: 19
Joined: April 16th, 2023, 10:21 pm
Location: WA, USA
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Fixer_APX »

yo man can get a trusted??? :?:
thinking about buddhism leads me to complete agony 🤑
bluemanofgrapes
Posts: 96
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 6:17 am
Location: Scotland

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by bluemanofgrapes »

Ian07 wrote: June 4th, 2023, 5:33 pm
lk050807 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:20 pm Can you trust me on the wiki? My username is X99.
Apologies for the unusually long delay, but done.
bluemanofgrapes wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:34 am May my account, bluemanofgrapes, be trusted?

I have been interested in the wiki for around 4 years and would like to contribute to this wonderful community.
Not seeing an account with this name. You'll need to make a separate account on the wiki, since the account system there is completely separate from that of the forums.
Sorry, I forgot I hadn't made a account! Don't worry, I made the account now, so can it please be trusted?
As time goes by, we are discovering more and more every year.
Guns 'n' Gliders:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6005
User avatar
Ian07
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: Pennsylvania, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 »

Fixer_APX wrote: June 8th, 2023, 3:27 pm yo man can get a trusted??? :?:
bluemanofgrapes wrote: June 8th, 2023, 5:47 pm Sorry, I forgot I hadn't made a account! Don't worry, I made the account now, so can it please be trusted?
Both done!
Wiki: http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/User:Ian07
Discord: lan07 (yes, that's a lowercase L)

xs24_69bobjob96
unname551
Posts: 57
Joined: June 21st, 2023, 12:25 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by unname551 »

Can you trust me on the wiki? My username is Unname551.
User avatar
Ian07
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: Pennsylvania, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 »

unname551 wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 12:51 am Can you trust me on the wiki? My username is Unname551.
Done!
Wiki: http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/User:Ian07
Discord: lan07 (yes, that's a lowercase L)

xs24_69bobjob96
ProfMonkey07
Posts: 5
Joined: June 11th, 2023, 3:33 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by ProfMonkey07 »

hello, I am requesting t be trusted mostly so I can set up a page for 23/34/3 since we've done a bunch of research just int he past few days and the rule didn't seem to be on the wiki, my username is ProfMonkey07
User avatar
Ian07
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: Pennsylvania, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 »

ProfMonkey07 wrote: June 27th, 2023, 6:47 pm hello, I am requesting t be trusted mostly so I can set up a page for 23/34/3 since we've done a bunch of research just int he past few days and the rule didn't seem to be on the wiki, my username is ProfMonkey07
Done!
Wiki: http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/User:Ian07
Discord: lan07 (yes, that's a lowercase L)

xs24_69bobjob96
User avatar
glider_rider
Posts: 197
Joined: February 20th, 2013, 5:41 pm
Location: CA

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by glider_rider »

Can I be trusted on the wiki? My username there is Turingcomplete30.
Nora Brown
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3378
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Sokwe »

glider_rider wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 9:34 am Can I be trusted on the wiki? My username there is Turingcomplete30.
Done!
-Matthias Merzenich
Likes2Wiki
Posts: 1
Joined: July 12th, 2023, 11:49 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Likes2Wiki »

Can I get trusted on the wiki? My username there is "Likes2Wiki"
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12030
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

Likes2Wiki wrote: July 12th, 2023, 11:50 am Can I get trusted on the wiki? My username there is "Likes2Wiki"
Done! Sorry for the delay -- not sure what happened to the email I usually get, but probably I just hit a shortcut key that I shouldn't have.
User avatar
unname4798
Posts: 2552
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 10:27 am
Location: Near ConwayLife servers

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by unname4798 »

Can I get trusted? My username is Unname4798.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12030
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

unname4798 wrote: July 15th, 2023, 10:32 am Can I get trusted? My username is Unname4798.
Done!

Since you're new here (or at least your username is!) maybe now is a good time to mention the forum rules.

It would be better to avoid making too many posts like this one. Sometimes new users will start out by posting a lot of off-topic one-line comments. Given rule #4 ("This is an academic forum, not a chat or microblogging platform.") we try to keep the amount of traffic a little lower.
Coolberry
Posts: 45
Joined: July 11th, 2023, 4:17 pm
Location: A sandbox where you can post more than once a day
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Coolberry »

Hi, my name is Coolberry on the wiki.
i have known the wiki for 2-3 years (though i have only had an account since today).
May I please get Trusted?
-Coolberry
a ten cell pattern that makes 12 gilders

Code: Select all

bo$b2o$2o2$3b2o$2b2o$3bo!


o!
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3378
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Sokwe »

Coolberry wrote: July 25th, 2023, 2:04 pm Hi, my name is Coolberry on the wiki.
i have known the wiki for 2-3 years (though i have only had an account since today).
May I please get Trusted?
Done!
-Matthias Merzenich
User avatar
C_R_116
Posts: 868
Joined: April 15th, 2021, 2:49 pm
Location: At my home doing other random stuff.

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by C_R_116 »

May I be trusted?
Although I have set up my Wiki Account today, I have been researching information and patterns on the Wiki a year before I even have started my Forum account.

The account name is "C R 116" (No _'s)
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12030
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

C_R_116 wrote: July 27th, 2023, 10:46 pm May I be trusted?
Although I have set up my Wiki Account today, I have been researching information and patterns on the Wiki a year before I even have started my Forum account.

The account name is "C R 116" (No _'s)
Done!
Haycat2009
Posts: 1053
Joined: April 26th, 2023, 5:47 am
Location: Bahar Junction, Zumaland

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Haycat2009 »

muzik wrote: July 22nd, 2016, 10:50 am How about putting a limit on page title lengths, and anything that exceeds that number blocks the user (if not a trusted account)?
This is only going to work if the page title is indeed nonsense. I think that there should be a alert when the limit is broken, but blocking is only going to confuse new users.
~ Haycat Durnak, a hard-working editor
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2276
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by hotdogPi »

Oh yes, the famous "page 1" issue that exists on all forums.
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
User avatar
unname4798
Posts: 2552
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 10:27 am
Location: Near ConwayLife servers

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki

Post by unname4798 »

Haycat2009 wrote: July 28th, 2023, 9:26 pm
muzik wrote: July 22nd, 2016, 10:50 am How about putting a limit on page title lengths, and anything that exceeds that number blocks the user (if not a trusted account)?
[snip][/snip]
No, how about putting a limit on edits per day, and anything that exceeds that number blocks the user (if not a trusted account)?
My recommendation: limit is 24 edits per day.
Last edited by unname4798 on August 3rd, 2023, 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply