Project Omniraumschiff (The Shipsearch Project)

For discussion of other cellular automata.
User avatar
LuveelVoom
Posts: 654
Joined: April 27th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Re: Project Omniraumschiff (The Shipsearch Project)

Post by LuveelVoom »

hibiscus wrote: August 11th, 2024, 6:54 am
H. H. P. M. P. Cole, meanwhile, sent me this idea:
H. H. P. M. P. Cole wrote:August 11th, 2024, 5:55 am I just had a crazy idea.

Make a sortable table of bounties, and to improve on one you must put in the width you searched and the longest partial.
Hmm, I have an idea for this. I've always had this idea of "lifecoins"; everyone would get one per day and could trade them for any purpose. (I don't think there's any easy way to prevent people from using alt accounts to get tons of lifecoins; I suppose since transactions would be public somewhere people could notice someone giving all their lifecoins to someone else constantly.)

This could be a good use! You can put a bounty (say I want a (2,1)c/5 in B35/S234) and put some lifecoins into it (e.x. 5), other people can pitch in (my friend could add 2 to the bounty), and whoever finds it first gets the lifecoins.

The issue here is that it's unpredictable what happens to the community. This could be a great way to encourage discovery, or it could lead to toxic competition as people try to climb the leaderboards... I suppose the best way to deal with that would be to make it so there's no global leaderboard and you can only see your own lifecoin count (that is, I can run a command to display that I have 30 lifecoins but I can't run a command to see that Goucher has 500 lifecoins.) The first component is obviously good, the second might be harmful...

This would work best on the discord (in fact I will crosspost this to the discord thread).
Post Reply