Anagrams

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by testitemqlstudop »

Let me guess... "listen" Is a part of "hoot utensil".
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by Moosey »

testitemqlstudop wrote:Let me guess... "listen" Is a part of "hoot utensil".
Nope
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by testitemqlstudop »

How about ten/tens?

And I can't believe no one solved my unconstitutional ... lolita anagram after I hinted both "total" and "cellular".
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by Moosey »

testitemqlstudop wrote:How about ten/tens?
Nope
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
PkmnQ
Posts: 1140
Joined: September 24th, 2018, 6:35 am
Location: Server antipode

Re: Anagrams

Post by PkmnQ »

Isle?
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by Moosey »

PkmnQ wrote:Isle?
I’m highly surprised that HOOT UTENSIL is so difficult.
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by Moosey »

Bump
For HOOT UTENSIL, the solution is sitting in front of you.
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by testitemqlstudop »

The solution?
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by testitemqlstudop »

Chilles a sleigh = CIS-shillelagh
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by testitemqlstudop »

A joke:

INCREASED HONK = EASED HONKIN C[A]R
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by Moosey »

testitemqlstudop wrote:The solution?
Yes!! Get it?!? The solution IS the solution!
testitemqlstudop wrote:Chilles a sleigh = CIS-shillelagh
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
User avatar
rowett
Moderator
Posts: 4592
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by rowett »

The clue is in the question.

Code: Select all

WILY FREE EVIL TOOLINGS
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by testitemqlstudop »

@rowett: LIFE IS VERY LONG TWO LIE?
I think I'm on the right track
GUYTU6J
Posts: 2200
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by GUYTU6J »

rowett wrote:WILY FREE EVIL TOOLINGS
LIFEVIEWER GOLLY …TIONS (OPTIONS?)
STILL LIFE … um no
LONG LIFE RESOLVE …??
PkmnQ
Posts: 1140
Joined: September 24th, 2018, 6:35 am
Location: Server antipode

Re: Anagrams

Post by PkmnQ »

Code: Select all

Kebab Vehicle Fool
Backbone Liner
User avatar
rowett
Moderator
Posts: 4592
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by rowett »

GUYTU6J wrote:
rowett wrote:WILY FREE EVIL TOOLINGS
LIFEVIEWER GOLLY …TIONS
Very good. Convert the last word into two and reorder.
GUYTU6J
Posts: 2200
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by GUYTU6J »

Ha, the remaining part is obvious. Also the author is a big hint. (What if dvrgn makes one?)


EDIT: mine's here, within code boxes.

Code: Select all

Fox reshapes haul photo
with ______(a kind of chemical compound).
I'm

Code: Select all

claiming new try
on ______.
After settling down in the

Code: Select all

pleasantest burrow
I can find, I opened golly and played with ______.
Last edited by GUYTU6J on August 18th, 2019, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by testitemqlstudop »

Golly is not lifeviewer

or as rowett would prefer, lifeviewer is not golly
GUYTU6J
Posts: 2200
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by GUYTU6J »

Confirming moosey's anagram: (not in order)
ADAM P GOUCHER
VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BOAT
TWIN BEES SHUTTLE
DIOXYGEN DIFLUORIDE
DON QUIXOTE
Does "neat bozo titan" have something to do with "ozone" or "Tibetan"?
And I can't solve "increased honk" and "cyan clam".
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by Moosey »

GUYTU6J wrote:Confirming moosey's anagram: (not in order)
ADAM P GOUCHER
VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BOAT
TWIN BEES SHUTTLE
DIOXYGEN DIFLUORIDE
DON QUIXOTE
Does "neat bozo titan" have something to do with "ozone" or "Tibetan"?
And I can't solve "increased honk" and "cyan clam".
You have an extra very there. Otherwise, all are right. Neat bozo titan does not have to do with ozone or Tibetan. (I'm incredibly surprised nobody has done increased honk and I'm alarmed you didn't find cyan clam)

An easy one:

Code: Select all

Re: block
Somewhat harder:

Code: Select all

Organ atom is pus
Hint:

Code: Select all


























find an anagram of "atom is pus" that fits with an anagram of "organ"
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
GUYTU6J
Posts: 2200
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by GUYTU6J »

Oh I know who is (pseudonymously) cyan clam!
"red noch kinase"?
"elb rock"?
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by Saka »

Iron ribs
Granite Nose
jarring cyan
User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 897
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: Anagrams

Post by Gustone »

[quote="Moosey"]Re: block

Code: Select all

Colber
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by Moosey »

Gustone wrote:
Moosey wrote:Re: block
Colber
There's no k in that
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: Anagrams

Post by testitemqlstudop »

Re:block is BLOCKER.
Post Reply