Random posts

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by Saka »

wwei23 wrote: August 12th, 2017, 6:06 pm I THINK that this is gliders by the dozen.
Yep, generation 8 of that pattern is generation 1 of gliders by the dozen's original form, and it's a pretty fitting name. I just wish there was no junk left behind, that would be cool.
jarring cyan
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Finite-population adjustable spaceships in non-BCT:

Code: Select all

x = 59, y = 3, rule = bct
E2A7.E2A7.E2A7.E2A7.E2A7.E2A2$3.E10.E10.E10.E10.E10.E!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

There maybe drugs in gfind

There maybe fugs in gfind

There maybe jugs in gfind (99 jugs of ciders~~)

There maybe lugs in gfind

There maybe pugs in gfind

There maybe slugs in gfind

There maybe tugs in gfind

There maybe vugs in gfind

There maybe brugs in gfind

There maybe dogs in gfind

There maybe copperhead in zfind
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1925
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: MX
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by JP21 »

Continuation of what Hunting said:

There maybe dugs in gfind

There maybe chugs in gfind

There maybe hugs in gfind

There maybe mugs in gfind

There maybe clugs in gfind

There maybe hogs in gfind

There maybe logs in gfind

There maybe frags in gfind

There maybe begs in gfind

There maybe legs in gfind

There maybe goldenhead in zfind
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

JP21 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 9:50 am Continuation of what Hunting said:

There maybe dugs in gfind

There maybe chugs in gfind

There maybe hugs in gfind

There maybe mugs in gfind

There maybe clugs in gfind

There maybe hogs in gfind

There maybe logs in gfind

There maybe frags in gfind

There maybe begs in gfind

There maybe legs in gfind

There maybe goldenhead in zfind
There maybe loafer in WLS
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

There maybe Geometrid in "pfind"
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by Saka »

Pooping_Alien wrote: April 24th, 2012, 4:30 am Maybe it's just that my mind is malformed...
Besides, I call the Pond "4x4 superpixel".
Ah, no worries :) . Take a look at this: Smaller version of a pond
jarring cyan
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1925
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: MX
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by JP21 »

Hunting wrote: February 4th, 2020, 10:08 am
Gustavo6046 wrote: September 11th, 2018, 7:21 pm I checked my Gmail, and surprise surprise! I believe I'll just change my avatar and other things. I want to look decent in here.

On topic, I believe I'll remake the CGOL player.
I just want to bump this thread, to remind Gustavo of this thread, this community, and this everything.

Sorry everyone.

I was like Gustavo when I joined this community.
Last week(s), you became worse than Gustavo6046 himself.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

JP21 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 11:19 am
Hunting wrote: February 4th, 2020, 10:08 am
Gustavo6046 wrote: September 11th, 2018, 7:21 pm I checked my Gmail, and surprise surprise! I believe I'll just change my avatar and other things. I want to look decent in here.

On topic, I believe I'll remake the CGOL player.
I just want to bump this thread, to remind Gustavo of this thread, this community, and this everything.

Sorry everyone.

I was like Gustavo when I joined this community.
Last week(s), you became worse than Gustavo6046 himself.
How?
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Here are the items I'm definitely going to do tommorrow, I will not 咕咕:
  • Simulate BokaBB's rulespace
  • Part of the synthesis database
  • Blockic turner categorize program
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: April 17th, 2020, 12:29 pm Here are the items I'm definitely going to do tommorrow, I will not 咕咕:
  • Simulate BokaBB's rulespace
  • Part of the synthesis database
  • Blockic turner categorize program
What is ‘咕咕’?
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
wzkchem5
Posts: 127
Joined: April 17th, 2020, 2:19 am
Location: Valles Marineris, Mars

Re: Random posts

Post by wzkchem5 »

yujh wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:44 am What is ‘咕咕’?
Guess that means 放鸽子 (to break one's promise).
The Red Phoenix, The Yellow Phoenix, The Pink Phoenix And The Multicolored Phoenix
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1925
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: MX
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by JP21 »

I accidentally rediscovered...

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 8, rule = B2n3/S23-q
bo4bo$obo2bobo$obo2bobo$b2o2b2o2$2b4o$2bo2bo$3b2o!
The I hate you.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

wzkchem5 wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:56 am
yujh wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:44 am What is ‘咕咕’?
Guess that means 放鸽子 (to break one's promise).
Yep.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Unfortunately I'm probably still going to 鸽掉 some of them, my computer usage is limited today.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:34 am
wzkchem5 wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:56 am
yujh wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:44 am What is ‘咕咕’?
Guess that means 放鸽子 (to break one's promise).
Yep.
User2360=Chinese confirmed.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:49 am
Hunting wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:34 am
wzkchem5 wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:56 am

Guess that means 放鸽子 (to break one's promise).
Yep.
User2360=Chinese confirmed.
Yep.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

please dvgrn i will pay you 2147483647 illegal memes to not give me another semi-automated warning
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Codeholic in a single code box:

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 18, rule = 2367/3457/5:T800,800
19.2A$19.AD2A$20.DBA$17.D.A2BA$16.C2.3A$15.B2D2A$14.A2CA$11.D.A2BA$6.
D3.C2.3A$4.2C3.B2D2A$4.2D2.A2CA$3.C2D.A2BA$2.2AD2.3A$.A2B2D2A$.AB2CA$
.2BCA$ADBA$3A!
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by Saka »

muzik wrote: March 16th, 2016, 4:47 pm Okay, so let me get this straight:

Beehive with corner = bun

Loaf with corner = wing

Mango with corner = dove
Yep, and tub with corner is boat, and boat with corner is ship :)
jarring cyan
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Rulespace implementing draft with comprehensive descriptions (will only support M1 now but should be easy to modify):

Let's call the numbers in the bracket BI and SI while the numbers outside the bracket BO and SO.

Automatically run B(BI)BO/S(SI)SO for one generation (which is referred to as super-generation below)
1. Duplicate layer.
2. Run BBO/SBO for one generation. This sets all cells with BO neighbours to 1.
3. Run BBI/S for one generation. This sets all cells born in this super-generation to 1.
4. Set rule to 012345678//3.
5. Go back to the first layer. Duplicate layer.
6. Run //3 for one generation, that is, convert all cells to state 2.
7. Copy, switch to layer 2, paste with OR mode. This replaces all "born" cells that is actually alive in the original generation, about to be deleted.
8. Run one generation. Remember the rule in layer 2 right now is 012345678//3, so it deletes all state 2 cells.
9. Delete layer 1.
10. Duplicate layer.
11. Run BSO/SSO for one generation. This sets all cells with SO neighbours to 1.
12. Run BSI/S for one generation. This sets all cells that survives in this super-generation to 1.
13. Set rule to 012345678//3.
14. Go back to the first layer.
15. Run //3 for one generation, that is, convert all cells to state 2.
16. Copy, switch to layer 2, paste with OR mode. This sets all about-to-be-saved cells to state 2.
17. Convert all state 1 to state 2 and vice versa. This is probably the only part which needs actual programming, but should be trivial too.
18. Run one generation. Remember the rule in layer 2 right now is 012345678//3, so it deletes all state 2 cells.
19. Delete layer 0.
20. Finally, copy layer 1, and paste it onto layer 2 with OR mode. Yayyyy! We just advanced one generation!

...to be continued

This is not optimized at all and super messy, but I'm lazy to write the proper implementation, so I used a pile of rule combinations to process the pattern instead.

I will probably come up with a better algorithm that uses more features of Golly tomorrow or so, though.
Last edited by Hunting on April 18th, 2020, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Registered users: Bing [Bot], blah, calcyman, creeperman7002, cvojan, EvinZL, gameoflifemaniac, Google Adsense [Bot], Hunting, JP21, simsim314, skomick
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: April 18th, 2020, 12:00 pm Registered users: Bing [Bot], blah, calcyman, creeperman7002, cvojan, EvinZL, gameoflifemaniac, Google Adsense [Bot], Hunting, JP21, simsim314, skomick
Seriously, you didn’t sleep yesterday?(today)
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: April 18th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Hunting wrote: April 18th, 2020, 12:00 pm Registered users: Bing [Bot], blah, calcyman, creeperman7002, cvojan, EvinZL, gameoflifemaniac, Google Adsense [Bot], Hunting, JP21, simsim314, skomick
Seriously, you didn’t sleep yesterday?(today)
I'm always awake, remember?
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Limited computer usage again, I'm probably not going to finish the synth database soon. (I don't have Golly installed in my phone and even if I have it will certainly be deleted for "my good.") I will still edit LifeWiki and LeapWiki.
Locked