Catagolue Discussion Thread

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
Dylan Chen
Posts: 116
Joined: March 27th, 2020, 8:07 am

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by Dylan Chen »

ihatecorderships wrote: May 25th, 2021, 2:11 pm I found the second occurrence of an xs30 in C2_2 a few days ago, and yesterday I found a phoenix 1 in C2_4
just for curiosity, how do you check the 'finding' ? by scrutinize every haul manually?
Tools should not be the limit.
Whether your obstacle is a script, an stdin, or Linux environment computing resouces.
check New rules thread for help.
User avatar
ihatecorderships
Posts: 309
Joined: April 11th, 2021, 12:54 pm
Location: Falls Church, VA

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by ihatecorderships »

Dylan Chen wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:34 pm
ihatecorderships wrote: May 25th, 2021, 2:11 pm I found the second occurrence of an xs30 in C2_2 a few days ago, and yesterday I found a phoenix 1 in C2_4
just for curiosity, how do you check the 'finding' ? by scrutinize every haul manually?
There are too many objects in each 10 million object haul, so I just do control f. I ignore them if I see there are 2 yls and 4 xqs. Then, I search for all the oscillators, and take a look at each one individually. Finally, I just go to the end of the page to see what crazily large still lives are there, and sometimes I get a discovery, but it's not counted.
-- Kalan Warusa
Don't drink and drive, think and derive.
User avatar
cgoler2
Posts: 224
Joined: March 10th, 2021, 2:32 pm
Location: Living in a half-bakery

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by cgoler2 »

A haul submitted by me was not verified because it had a different-length seed root, but I didn't make any modifications to apgsearch. Why is that?
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2276
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by hotdogPi »

The new "gun" section should have this p57 added, as it was made on April 17 of this year and not from the outdated collection:

Code: Select all

x = 101, y = 92, rule = B3/S23
75b2o$74bobo$68b2o4bo$66bo2bo2b2ob4o$66b2obobobobo2bo$69bobobobo$69bob
ob2o$70bo2$83b2o$74b2o7bo$74b2o5bobo$81b2o$74bo$73b2o$73bobo3$3bo12b2o
6bo$b3o5b2o5bobo5b3o44b2o$o3b2o2bo2bo7bo2b2o3bo44bo$3o3bo2b2o6b2o2bo3b
3o32bo8b3o$4b2o7bo2bo5b2o36bobo5bo$2obob3ob5o2b3ob3obob2o32b2o3b2o2bo$
bobobo16bobobo37bobob2o26b2o$o2bo2bo3b8o3bo2bo2bo35bo2bobo27bo$obo2bo
2bo10bo2bo2b2o35bo3bo3bo27bo$b2ob2obobo3b2o3bobob2obo37b3ob2ob3o5b2o5b
3o6b5o$4bo2bobo3b2o3bobo2bobo39bobobo3bo5bo8bo4bo$b2o3b4o8b4o3b2o32b2o
10b2o2bo3bobo3bo2bo5b3o$bob3o3b4o2b4o3b3o34bobob6o3bob2o4b2o3bo3b2o6bo
$3bo2b2o3b2o2b2o3b2o2bo36bobo8bo13bo4bo2b4o$bo2b4o5b2o5b4o36b2o2b2o3b
2obo12bobo3bo2bo3b2o$b4o18b4o29b2obobo2b2obob2obob2o10bo4bo3b3o2bo$8b
2ob6ob2o7bo28bob2ob3o4bo3bobo2bo6bo4b2o6bob2o$3b5o12b5o2bo19bo5b2obob
2obo2b2ob2o5bob2o6bo3bo8bo$2bo2bob3o2b4o2b3obo2bob2o16b2o5bo2bo4b2o4b
2o2b2o2bo9bo3bo7b2o$2bob3o2b2o6b2o2b3obo20b2o3bobo4bo2bo2b2o4b2o2bo10b
3o$b2obobob2o8b2obobobo24bo2b2o2b3ob3o2b2obo2b2o$o2b2obobob8obobob2o
25b3o5b2o2b2o3bo3bo16b2o$2o10b4o32b2o2bob6o4bob2obobo16bo$47bo2b3obo7b
2obob2obo4b2o12b3o$47bobo7b3o2b2o12b2o13bo$46b2ob2o2bo3bo2bobo5bo6bo$
13bo36bo2b6o3b2ob2o$6b2o5bo32b4ob3obo2bo6bo$5bobo5bo31bo3bo3bobo2bo3b
2obo$2o2b2obo37b2o6b2obo5bo$2o3b5ob3o32bo4bo6b4o$6bo2bob3o18bo13bobo3b
o$7b3o2b2o3b3o11bo15bobo3bo29bo$11b2o5bob2o12b2o12bo3b2o29b3o$11b2obo
5b2o15bo23b3o10bo11bo$13b3o3b2o2b3o13bo21b3o10b3o8b2o$19b3obo2bo3bo9bo
3b2o14bo3b2o11bo15bo$19b3ob5o3bo2b2o7b3o2b2o10b3o2bo10b2o14bo3bo$25bob
2o13bobo4b2o8bo2b4o15b2o8bo3b2o$19bo5bobo5bo10bob2obo9b3obo14b2ob3o8bo
4bo$19bo5b2o5bobo2bo5bo3b2o12bo16b2o3b2o7b2o$19bo12bobo2bobo40bobo2bo$
80b3o2b2o$80bobob2o$64b2o18bo$17b4o42bo2bo7bo$11bobob8obobo3b2o31bo2bo
6bo$10bob3o8b3obo2bo20b2o10bobo7b3o13b2o9bo$5bo3bobo3bo6bo3bobobobo19b
o36bo8bobo$4bobobob2o2bo2b4o2bo2b2obobobo15b3o38b3o6b2o$4bobobo5bo8bo
5bobobo15bo42bo$b2obob3o4b2o8b2o4b3obob2o36bo3b2o$bo2bo2b2o4b2obo4bob
2o4b2o2bo2bo35bobo3bo$3bob3o3b2o3b2o2b2o3b2o3b3obo36bobo3bo$4bo4bo4bob
o4bobo4bo4bo37bo4bo$5b3o5bo3bo2bo3bo5b3o37b2o5b3o$7bob2obo3b6o3bob2obo
48bo$8bo7bo4bo7bo$7b2o2bobob2o4b2obobo2b2o$3b2o3bob2o2b2obo2bob2o2b2ob
o3b2o$4bo2b2o8bo2bo8b2o2bo$4bobobo6bo6bo6bobobo$5bo2b4obo3b4o3bob4o2bo
$13b2o3b2o3b2o$2b2o2bo2b2ob2o10b2ob2o2bo2b2o$bo2bo3bo2bo3bo6bo3bo2bo3b
o2bo$bobob2ob2obo2b4o2b4o2bob2ob2obobo$2b2o3bo2bob4ob4ob4obo2bo3b2o$5b
o4bo4bo6bo4bo4bo$2b4obo3b16o3bob4o$bo4b5o16b5o4bo$2b3o6bo2b2o2b2o2b2o
2bo6b3o$4bobob3o3b2o2b2o2b2o3b3obobo$5b2obo20bob2o!
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
User avatar
apg
Moderator
Posts: 3007
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 4:32 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by apg »

hotdogPi wrote: June 18th, 2021, 7:03 am The new "gun" section should have this p57 added, as it was made on April 17 of this year and not from the outdated collection:
Thank you! Although you don't need to post this here; you can post it in the nonmagical box instead.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2276
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by hotdogPi »

I don't know what you mean by "nonmagical box". (I don't have a Catagolue account.)

The p114 gun isn't the smallest — the one in the discussion with the p57 (page 10 of the gun discussion thread) is smaller, and even that one doesn't beat the record, so there must be one even smaller. Same with the p486. 160 should be 20 with three binary filters.

1380 is this:

Code: Select all

x = 60, y = 43, rule = B3/S23
4b2o14bo$5bo13bobo$5bobo11bobo$6b2o2b2o5b3ob2o$10b2o4bo$17b3ob2o$19bob
2o$35b3o$33bo3bo$32bo4bo6bo$32bo3bo7b3o$o46bo$3o4bobo22bo3bo7b3o$3bo3b
obo5bobo3bo10bo4bo6bo$2bobo2b3o6bo3bobo10bo3bo$2b2o15bo3bo11b3o$20bo2b
o$2b2o$2bo$3bo12b2o$2b2o12bobo$8b2o8bo27b2o3bo$9bo8b2o27bo2bobo$6b3o
11bo24bo4bobo$6bo11b3o24b5obo$17bo31bo$17b2o16bo9b2o3bo$36bo8b2o4bo$
34b3o13b2o3$58b2o$58bo$56bobo$56b2o$51bo$50bobo$51bo$56b2o$56bobo$58bo
$43b2o13b2o$43b2o!
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
User avatar
apg
Moderator
Posts: 3007
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 4:32 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by apg »

hotdogPi wrote: June 18th, 2021, 11:02 am I don't know what you mean by "nonmagical box". (I don't have a Catagolue account.)
You don't need to have an account; just scroll down to the bottom of https://catagolue.hatsya.com/syntheses and paste an RLE into the box and then click 'Post' to submit.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by yujh »

calcyman wrote: June 18th, 2021, 11:52 am
hotdogPi wrote: June 18th, 2021, 11:02 am I don't know what you mean by "nonmagical box". (I don't have a Catagolue account.)
You don't need to have an account; just scroll down to the bottom of https://catagolue.hatsya.com/syntheses and paste an RLE into the box and then click 'Post' to submit.
Cool! haven't noticed that before. Meanwhile, how can I see a list of guns ordered by period?
BTW, adding this p10350 gun that isn't in the list

Code: Select all

x = 55, y = 50, rule = B3/S23
23bo$21bobo$14bo5bobo$13b3o3bo2bo11b2o$12bo3bo3bobo11b2o$14bo6bobo$11b
o5bo5bo$11bo5bo$12bo3bo$13b3o2$35b2o$34bo$21b2o10bo2b2o10b2o$21b2o10b
o2bo11b2o$33bobo$7b2o25b2o$7bo2bo$2b2o7bo22b2o$bo2bo6bo21bobo$2b2o7bo
21bo2bo$7bo2bo22bo2b2o$7b2o25bo$3bo31b2o$2b3o$bo3bo$3bo7b2o$o5bo4bobo
$o5bo6bo27b2o3bo$bo3bo7b2o27bo2bobo$2b3o10bo24bo4bobo$13b3o24b5obo$12b
o31bo$12b2o26b2o3bo$40b2o4bo$45b2o3$53b2o$3b2o48bo$3b2o46bobo$51b2o$46b
o$45bobo$46bo$51b2o$51bobo$53bo$38b2o13b2o$38b2o!
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by yujh »

Is it OK to submit small quick hauls under this condition?

Code: Select all

./apgluxe -k ****** -p 2 -n 666666

Greetings, this is apgluxe v5.2-ll2.4.3, configured for g8r7b63t88s62t107/C1.

Lifelib version: ll2.4.3
Compiler version: 9.3.0
Python version: '3.8.5 (default, Jul 28 2020, 12:59:40)  [GCC 9.3.0]'

Peer-reviewing hauls:

No more hauls to verify.

Peer-review complete; proceeding search.

Using seed k_7Hycnmk4iHJ5
Instruction set AVX2 detected
Running 666666 soups per haul:
g8r7b63t88s62t107/C1: 100000 soups completed (3356.718 soups/second current, 3356.718 overall).
g8r7b63t88s62t107/C1: 200000 soups completed (3403.328 soups/second current, 3379.863 overall).
g8r7b63t88s62t107/C1: 300000 soups completed (3491.498 soups/second current, 3416.234 overall).
g8r7b63t88s62t107/C1: 400000 soups completed (3348.962 soups/second current, 3399.164 overall).
^CGot signal 2, will attempt to submit results before exiting
g8r7b63t88s62t107/C1: 423756 soups completed (3072.426 soups/second current, 3378.992 overall).
----------------------------------------------------------------------
423756 soups completed.
Attempting to contact Catagolue...
Payosha256 authentication succeeded.
Haul size exceeds limit of 1500 KB uncompressed.
***********************************************
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3378
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by Sokwe »

Why does gun 28 exist while guntrue 28 does not, despite the fact that gun 28 is already a true-period gun?
-Matthias Merzenich
ColorfulGabrielsp138
Posts: 288
Joined: March 29th, 2021, 5:45 am

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by ColorfulGabrielsp138 »

Sokwe wrote: June 25th, 2021, 2:22 am Why does gun 28 exist while guntrue 28 does not, despite the fact that gun 28 is already a true-period gun?
Also, the "Glider synthesis" was actually "cell synthesis". [s]Maybe move it to "Sample soups"?[/s]

Code: Select all

x = 21, y = 21, rule = LifeColorful
11.E$10.3E$10.E.2E$13.E4$2.2B$.2B$2B$.2B15.2D$19.2D$18.2D$17.2D4$7.C$
7.2C.C$8.3C$9.C!
I have reduced the glider cost of quadratic growth to eight and probably to seven. Looking for conduits...
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3378
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by Sokwe »

gun 56 has the wrong dimensions. It should be 81×55, not 81×54. Notice that the glider deleted by the blocker produces a spark that extends out of the p28 gun bounding box by one row.
-Matthias Merzenich
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by yujh »

Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
pzq_alex
Posts: 801
Joined: May 1st, 2021, 9:00 pm
Location: tell me if you know

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by pzq_alex »

LifeWiki wrote: Catagolue imposes certain requirements on submitted hauls: they must contain at least 10,000 soups or 250,000 objects (or both); and they must not exceed a total size of 1 MiB.
But, this haul has only 5000 soups and definitely not 250000 objects. I'm wondering if the restrictions only apply to 'standard' symmetries. What are the restrictions for stdin and/or nonstandard symmetries?
\sum_{n=1}^\infty H_n/n^2 = \zeta(3)

How much of current CA technology can I redevelop "on a desert island"?
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by yujh »

pzq_alex wrote: July 9th, 2021, 4:18 am
LifeWiki wrote: Catagolue imposes certain requirements on submitted hauls: they must contain at least 10,000 soups or 250,000 objects (or both); and they must not exceed a total size of 1 MiB.
But, this haul has only 5000 soups and definitely not 250000 objects. I'm wondering if the restrictions only apply to 'standard' symmetries. What are the restrictions for stdin and/or nonstandard symmetries?
I’m not sure, I’ve also had these when ltling, I think there’s probably an under limit for kilobytes of memory or a different limit for ikpx2??
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
Entity Valkyrie 2
Posts: 2116
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 »

How do I create a "symmetry" on Catagolue (like wwei23BLOCKPARTYTEST)?
Also, how do I upload to Catagolue? (not apgsearch)
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

HyperConway — explore cellular automata on HyperRogue's hyperbolic tiling

Creator of the rule StateInvestigator
Please click here for my own pages (and oscillator stamp collections)
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by yujh »

Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 6:30 pm How do I create a "symmetry" on Catagolue (like wwei23BLOCKPARTYTEST)?
Also, how do I upload to Catagolue? (not apgsearch)
You've already uploaded to catagolue, e.g. https://catagolue.hatsya.com/census/b38s234c8/D8_4
You don't need to create that, if you made your stdin sym and fire up apgsearch, it will automatically be there. If you're trying to make a symmetry, wiki/tutorials will be pretty much a good place to learn that(I'm not sure how to make a stdin symmetry as well, just because I'm currently outof apgmera)

BTW, I'll suggest to add 4g 5g 8g to catagolue so that it won't need extra processes to search synthesis
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
apg
Moderator
Posts: 3007
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 4:32 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by apg »

Major announcement: The Catagolue object page:

https://catagolue.hatsya.com/object

now contains a box that will compute the canonical apgcode from an oscillator/spaceship/still-life or predecessor thereof and redirect you to the object page. The initial pattern must fit in a 400x400 bounding box and complete a cycle in at most 200 generations. The supported rules are the non-B0 isotropic rules.

A common use-case is if you want to quickly determine whether a constellation has a known efficient glider synthesis -- just copy the constellation from Golly into the object identifier box and press the Identify button.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
User avatar
muzik
Posts: 6605
Joined: January 28th, 2016, 2:47 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by muzik »

calcyman wrote: August 4th, 2021, 7:04 am Major announcement: The Catagolue object page:

https://catagolue.hatsya.com/object

now contains a box that will compute the canonical apgcode from an oscillator/spaceship/still-life or predecessor thereof and redirect you to the object page.
Could a LifeViewer window be added to the page which can export RLEs to said box, allowing for finding the canonical apgcode of a drawn pattern?
Parity Replicator Collection v1.6 is now live - please send all relevant discoveries here.
User avatar
NimbleRogue
Posts: 763
Joined: January 11th, 2021, 11:48 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by NimbleRogue »

I have a questions about catagolue. How can one find the rle files for
zz_EXPLOSIVE
zz_LINEAR
zz_QUADRATIC
zz_REPLICATOR and
PATHOLOGICAL, and what does there name represent?
There you are
User avatar
pzq_alex
Posts: 801
Joined: May 1st, 2021, 9:00 pm
Location: tell me if you know

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by pzq_alex »

NimbleRogue wrote: August 14th, 2021, 12:51 am I have a questions about catagolue. How can one find the rle files for
zz_EXPLOSIVE
zz_LINEAR
zz_QUADRATIC
zz_REPLICATOR and
PATHOLOGICAL, and what does there name represent?
Apgsearch classifies a pattern as "zz_SOMETHING" when it fails to determine its type. The SOMETHINGs are merely inferred from the population plot.
To see the exact pattern, run the sample soups.
\sum_{n=1}^\infty H_n/n^2 = \zeta(3)

How much of current CA technology can I redevelop "on a desert island"?
User avatar
NimbleRogue
Posts: 763
Joined: January 11th, 2021, 11:48 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by NimbleRogue »

pzq_alex wrote: August 14th, 2021, 1:51 am
NimbleRogue wrote: August 14th, 2021, 12:51 am I have a questions about catagolue. How can one find the rle files for
zz_EXPLOSIVE
zz_LINEAR
zz_QUADRATIC
zz_REPLICATOR and
PATHOLOGICAL, and what does there name represent?
Apgsearch classifies a pattern as "zz_SOMETHING" when it fails to determine its type. The SOMETHINGs are merely inferred from the population plot.
To see the exact pattern, run the sample soups.
How do you run the sample soup?
There you are
User avatar
bubblegum
Posts: 961
Joined: August 25th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Location: click here to do nothing

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by bubblegum »

NimbleRogue wrote: August 14th, 2021, 12:51 am I have a questions about catagolue. How can one find the rle files for
zz_EXPLOSIVE
zz_LINEAR
zz_QUADRATIC
zz_REPLICATOR and
PATHOLOGICAL, and what does there name represent?
These aren't apgcodes, and as such have no RLE files. Check the sample soups. These are blanket terms, since apgsearch can't classify everything. The four zz's are for identified infinitely-growing patterns. Ignoring zz_LINEAR (which always grows linearly), zz_REPLICATOR is the slowest, then zz_EXPLOSIVE and finally zz_QUADRATIC the fastest.

PATHOLOGICAL is used whenever apgsearch encounters an inconsistency or error trying to identify an object. This can be caused by a variety of reasons - improper separation, post-stabilisation interaction, etc.
NimbleRogue wrote: August 14th, 2021, 2:02 am How do you run the sample soup?
If you go down to the sample soups section of an object, there are clickable bullet points which, when interacted with, take you to a hashsoup page with the sample soup RLE.
Each day is a hidden opportunity, a frozen waterfall that's waiting to be realised, and one that I'll probably be ignoring
sonata wrote:July 2nd, 2020, 8:33 pmconwaylife signatures are amazing[citation needed]
anything
User avatar
NimbleRogue
Posts: 763
Joined: January 11th, 2021, 11:48 pm

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by NimbleRogue »

thanks for the help
There you are
User avatar
bubblegum
Posts: 961
Joined: August 25th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Location: click here to do nothing

Re: Catagolue Discussion Thread

Post by bubblegum »

Some changes to Catagolue have just been made.

Most notably, the maximum response size is now 32 MB (as opposed to 1 MB), allowing for Catagolue to store the entirety of xs21s and xs22s (maybe xs23s too) in b3s23/synthesis-costs without having to modify too much of the src.

Total memory has been upped to 1 GB as well, and Catagolue's update process has been modified to send HTTP requests to each tabulation separately. Catagolue has been configurated to run on a F4 instance, as opposed to the default of F1, to keep Catagolue from running out of RAM too often, and to improve performance somewhat.

ref: apgoucher on the Discord.
Each day is a hidden opportunity, a frozen waterfall that's waiting to be realised, and one that I'll probably be ignoring
sonata wrote:July 2nd, 2020, 8:33 pmconwaylife signatures are amazing[citation needed]
anything
Post Reply