Random posts

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:52 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:48 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:41 am

We'll never know until he posted. (Or maybe that's just a spambot who never posts. There are plenty of users in this forum.)
Yeah, a lot of people has 0 or only one post.(You can still know if someone is from China if their location shows China, or if he posted, he may not use Chinese.)
I know, but I'm always guessing that if a people have bad spelling and grammar, he probably does not have English as his first language.

P. S. I just noticed one of MikeP's latest post is claiming I was stealing pattern, and I actually DID that... So that was me in 2018.
You know some Chinese are good at English, for example(some Chinese don’t use e.g.) an English teacher.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:58 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:52 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:48 am

Yeah, a lot of people has 0 or only one post.(You can still know if someone is from China if their location shows China, or if he posted, he may not use Chinese.)
I know, but I'm always guessing that if a people have bad spelling and grammar, he probably does not have English as his first language.
You know some Chinese are good at English, for example(some Chinese don’t use e.g.) an English teacher.
Why not e. g. ? E. g. is good.

Maybe. (But an English teacher is less likely to visit this forum than a non-English-teacher.)
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:01 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:58 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:52 am

I know, but I'm always guessing that if a people have bad spelling and grammar, he probably does not have English as his first language.
You know some Chinese are good at English, for example(some Chinese don’t use e.g.) an English teacher.
Why not e. g. ? E. g. is good.

Maybe. (But an English teacher is less likely to visit this forum than a non-English-teacher.)
Oops! English teachers retired and have grandchildren like you or me.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:32 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:01 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:58 am

You know some Chinese are good at English, for example(some Chinese don’t use e.g.) an English teacher.
Why not e. g. ? E. g. is good.

Maybe. (But an English teacher is less likely to visit this forum than a non-English-teacher.)
Oops! English teachers retired and have grandchildren like you or me.
Oops! They are likely to be >50 years old if they have grandchildren. Someone that old is not likely to be very good at English. Also English teacher's son does not have to be very good at English.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:36 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:32 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:01 am

Why not e. g. ? E. g. is good.

Maybe. (But an English teacher is less likely to visit this forum than a non-English-teacher.)
Oops! English teachers retired and have grandchildren like you or me.
Oops! They are likely to be >50 years old if they have grandchildren. Someone that old is not likely to be very good at English. Also English teacher's son does not have to be very good at English.
Oops! You know Chinese start to go to other places like the virus a long time ago, and for example my English teacher is somewhat 45~50 years old.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hey I found a bug. A quoting tower can only be 3 towers high.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Okay... Nevermind. If they have bad English we can verify that English is not their first language, but if they have good English we can not determine if English is not their first language.

In other news I'm running a methuselah search in LeapLife. The script is 100% made by me! (In an ironic way)
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:40 am Hey I found a bug. A quoting tower can only be 3 towers high.
That's intended. In the old phpBB version there's even a warning preventing you to post a nested quote with more than 3 quotes.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

In other news, my script found the following 93-gen methuselah:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
b3o$ob2o$b3o$obo!
Good enough for one in LeapLife.

EDIT: Found this slightly better 97-gen methuselah:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
o2bo$ob2o$2o$2obo!
Last edited by Hunting on March 30th, 2020, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Ha.
A known rule which explodes like this and it is known!
Hello?
Hello?
149B023E-F1C8-4902-ADC8-C7CA850DCAA5.png (72.1 KiB) Viewed 5911 times
Umm...
Umm...
F48491C7-5C14-4C08-89D3-76C7B84E0E18.png (96.07 KiB) Viewed 5911 times
That is all because of this,

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 2, rule = B2ein3cijn4cnrwy5cnq6e/S1c2-ai3acny4anqy5c6ek8
2o3b2o$obobobo!
,and because they an’t to kill my computer(There’s a two glider synthesis for it?)
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:43 am In other news, my script found the following 93-gen methuselah:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
b3o$ob2o$b3o$obo!
Good enough for one in LeapLife.
Finding one by hand is not too hard or too easy.

Code: Select all

#N Did I mean random posts is the leaplife thread
x=4,y=3,rule=B2n3/S23-q
4o$2obo$o2bo!
44 gen.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:53 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:43 am In other news, my script found the following 93-gen methuselah:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
b3o$ob2o$b3o$obo!
Good enough for one in LeapLife.
Finding one by hand is not too hard or too easy.

Code: Select all

#N Did I mean random posts is the leaplife thread
x=4,y=3,rule=B2n3/S23-q
4o$2obo$o2bo!
44 gen.
93-gen is better than 44-gen.

Anyways they are all beaten by the current record-holder called "Nope", which lasts over 200 gens:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
3o$o2bo$o2bo$o2bo!
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1925
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: MX
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by JP21 »

I'm back after playing Minecraft!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

JP21 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:58 am I'm back after playing Minecraft!
Minecraft is good!

CA is also good!
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1925
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: MX
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by JP21 »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:06 am
JP21 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:58 am I'm back after playing Minecraft!
Minecraft is good!

CA is also good!
I know right?
It's all good!
Unrelated:
So it's all methuselaneous huh?

Code: Select all

x = 40, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
3obo32b3o$o2b2o30b3obo$bo2bo30bob3o$5o30b3obo!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

JP21 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:09 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:06 am
JP21 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:58 am I'm back after playing Minecraft!
Minecraft is good!

CA is also good!
I know right?
It's all good!
Unrelated:
So it's all methuselaneous huh?

Code: Select all

x = 40, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
3obo32b3o$o2b2o30b3obo$bo2bo30bob3o$5o30b3obo!
Nope, it depends on the bounding box.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:13 am
JP21 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:09 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:06 am

Minecraft is good!

CA is also good!
I know right?
It's all good!
Unrelated:
So it's all methuselaneous huh?

Code: Select all

x = 40, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
3obo32b3o$o2b2o30b3obo$bo2bo30bob3o$5o30b3obo!
Nope, it depends on the bounding box.
I guess also depends on the rule.
Edit: when I was little, I have played Minecraft for eight hours.
Hour 1:Yeah!
Hour 2:What?
Hour 3:nice!
Hour 4:Umm...
Hour 5:Umm...
Hour 6:Daddy!It broke!
Hour 7:Umm?
Hour 8:It totally broke!Dad: I have no idea.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:19 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:13 am
JP21 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:09 am

I know right?
It's all good!
Unrelated:
So it's all methuselaneous huh?

Code: Select all

x = 40, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
3obo32b3o$o2b2o30b3obo$bo2bo30bob3o$5o30b3obo!
Nope, it depends on the bounding box.
I guess also depends on the rule.
Edit: when I was little, I have played Minecraft for eight hours.
Hour 1:Yeah!
Hour 2:What?
Hour 3:nice!
Hour 4:Umm...
Hour 5:Umm...
Hour 6:Daddy!It broke!
Hour 7:Umm?
Hour 8:It totally broke!Dad: I have no idea.
If it was my dad:

Dad: Why are you still playing games go and do homework! If you dare to touch the computer before the end of the year you can add its pieces to your little collection!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:21 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:19 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:13 am

Nope, it depends on the bounding box.
I guess also depends on the rule.
Edit: when I was little, I have played Minecraft for eight hours.
Hour 1:Yeah!
Hour 2:What?
Hour 3:nice!
Hour 4:Umm...
Hour 5:Umm...
Hour 6:Daddy!It broke!
Hour 7:Umm?
Hour 8:It totally broke!Dad: I have no idea.
If it was my dad:

Dad: Why are you still playing games go and do homework! If you dare to touch the computer before the end of the year you can add its pieces to your little collection!
Me: you said you give me it to play.
Actually, I used up eight weeks to do that.
I have one hour per Sunday.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:25 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:21 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:19 am

I guess also depends on the rule.
Edit: when I was little, I have played Minecraft for eight hours.
Hour 1:Yeah!
Hour 2:What?
Hour 3:nice!
Hour 4:Umm...
Hour 5:Umm...
Hour 6:Daddy!It broke!
Hour 7:Umm?
Hour 8:It totally broke!Dad: I have no idea.
If it was my dad:

Dad: Why are you still playing games go and do homework! If you dare to touch the computer before the end of the year you can add its pieces to your little collection!
Me: you said you give me it to play.
Actually, I used up eight weeks to do that.
I have one hour per Sunday.
Upvote for you!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:57 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:53 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:43 am In other news, my script found the following 93-gen methuselah:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
b3o$ob2o$b3o$obo!
Good enough for one in LeapLife.
Finding one by hand is not too hard or too easy.

Code: Select all

#N Did I mean random posts is the leaplife thread
x=4,y=3,rule=B2n3/S23-q
4o$2obo$o2bo!
44 gen.
93-gen is better than 44-gen.

Anyways they are all beaten by the current record-holder called "Nope", which lasts over 200 gens:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
3o$o2bo$o2bo$o2bo!
Size!!!
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 3:27 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:57 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:53 am

Finding one by hand is not too hard or too easy.

Code: Select all

#N Did I mean random posts is the leaplife thread
x=4,y=3,rule=B2n3/S23-q
4o$2obo$o2bo!
44 gen.
93-gen is better than 44-gen.

Anyways they are all beaten by the current record-holder called "Nope", which lasts over 200 gens:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
3o$o2bo$o2bo$o2bo!
Size!!!
Well... if you meant to post a 3x4 methuselah... I haven't done any serious survey on 3x4 patterns yet. Will search later.

Back to 4x4, it still didn't find the Nope. Instead it found:

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B2n3/S23-q
obo$2obo$o2bo$4o!
Which is 98-gen.
User avatar
otismo
Posts: 1590
Joined: August 18th, 2010, 1:41 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by otismo »

gameoflifemaniac wrote: March 29th, 2020, 12:33 pm First caterer soup found by me

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
ooobbbboobbobobo$
oobbbbbboboboboo$
bbobobobbbbbbbbo$
boboboobbbbbbbob$
boboobbooboobbbo$
bobbobbboobbobob$
bbobobbbbobboooo$
booboobbbbboobbo$
bbbobobobbbbbbbo$
bbbobbobooobbboo$
bbbooobbooobbbbb$
bbobbbbobbboobbo$
ooobobbbbbbooooo$
bboobobbbobboooo$
booobbobobobobob$
oobboooboobbbobb!

and at over 6,000 generations, a nice methuselah as well !

here is the seed :

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 17, rule = B3/S23
29bo$28bo$28b3o$15bo2$15b3o$5b2o7bo$bo3bobo7bo$2o4bo9bo$14b2o2b2o$o13b
o2b2o$15b3o$15b3o3$19bo$19b2o!
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1249
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Random posts

Post by gameoflifemaniac »

noice
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Code: Select all

b4o25bo$o29bo$b3o3b3o2bob2o2bob2o2bo3bobo$4bobo3bob2o2bob2o2bobo3bobo$
4bobo3bobo5bo5bo3bobo$o3bobo3bobo5bo6b4o$b3o3b3o2bo5bo9bobo$24b4o!
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1249
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Random posts

Post by gameoflifemaniac »

Code: Select all

[wiki]
[/wiki]
Doesn't work anymore?
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Code: Select all

b4o25bo$o29bo$b3o3b3o2bob2o2bob2o2bo3bobo$4bobo3bob2o2bob2o2bobo3bobo$
4bobo3bobo5bo5bo3bobo$o3bobo3bobo5bo6b4o$b3o3b3o2bo5bo9bobo$24b4o!
Locked