SansDomino rulespace

For discussion of other cellular automata.
User avatar
Tropylium
Posts: 421
Joined: May 31st, 2011, 7:12 pm
Location: Finland

Re: SansDomino rulespace

Post by Tropylium »

Extrementhusiast wrote:Score! (I think.)

Code: Select all

x = 17, y = 18, rule = sansdomino_s13
14bo$14bobo9$2o$2bo4$11b2o2$11bo!
Scanning for "two-quadrant" constructions, I got up to this with 4 gliders:

Code: Select all

x = 21, y = 20, rule = sansdomino_s13
14b2o2$14bo2$12bo$13bo$13bo3$20bo$19bo$19bo7$2o$2bo!
This also turned up a nice 3-glider synthesis for the p28:

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 8, rule = sansdomino_s13
2b2o2$2bo2$o$bo5bo$bo4bo$6bo!
p28 phase-shift reaction:

Code: Select all

x = 18, y = 11, rule = sansdomino_s13
16bo$16bo$17bo6$3bo$ob4o$3bo!
A few simple hasslers:

Code: Select all

x = 58, y = 47, rule = sansdomino_s13
46bo$45bobo$45bobo$46bo$11bo$9bo3bo31bobo$10bobo$10bobo32bobo$46bo3$
20bo2b3o8bo$16b4o6bo7b3ob2o13bobo$20bo2b3o8bo10bobo5b2o2bo$4bo2b3o2b2o
39bobo$4o6bob2o$4bo2b3o3$45bo$14bo28bo3bo$12bo3bo$13bobo$13bobo$44bobo
$45bo6$22bobo12bobo15bobo$20bo2b2o10bo2b2o5bobo5bo2b2o$22bobo12bobo15b
obo$13b2o$5bobo5b2o$3bo2b2o$5bobo6$17b2o3b2o3b2o$10bo6b2o5bo$3bo2bob2o
b2o9b2o3b2o$10bo!
Gun period multiplication using one of the 6-cell still lifes (suggesting name: mirror):

Code: Select all

x = 55, y = 55, rule = sansdomino_s13
8bo$6b5o5$bo$bo$2o$bo$bo9$10b5o$12bo11$46bobo2b2o$45bo4bo2bo$46bobo2b
2o7$47b2o2bobo$30b3o13bo2bo4bo$30b5o12b2o2bobo$29b4o7bo$30b5o5bobo$30b
3o$40bo$40bo$40bo$40bo$39bobo$40bo$40bo2$39bobo!
(I'm also running various glider-on-object collisions…)
User avatar
Extrementhusiast
Posts: 1970
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 11:24 pm
Location: USA

Re: SansDomino rulespace

Post by Extrementhusiast »

Just found a somewhat weaker but faster version of my three-glider pipsquirt:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 12, rule = sansdomino_s13
9bo$9bobo6$obo$2bo$14b2o2$14bo!
I Like My Heisenburps! (and others)
EricG
Posts: 199
Joined: August 19th, 2011, 5:41 pm
Location: Chicago-area, USA

Re: SansDomino rulespace

Post by EricG »

Back in February, earlier in this thread, I said "I wonder if any of the many patterns from the Just Friends rule work in any of these rules?"

The answer is yes. In particular, JustFriends is SansDomino_S12! :D

I'm (slowly) getting ready to make a series of posts on non-totalistic rules, but for now, if you're not already familiar with JustFriends, you are sure to enjoy David Bell's collection here:
http://members.tip.net.au/~dbell/ (scroll down to "Just Friends")

It is also interesting to compare the ruletable for SansDomino_S12 posted in this thread with the JustFriends ruletable found at the Ruletable Repository:
http://code.google.com/p/ruletablerepos ... e&can=2&q=
Post Reply