Word Chains (Game)

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Locked
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Moosey »

dye
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Moosey wrote: October 13th, 2020, 9:00 amdye
yarn
I am tentatively considering myself back.
User avatar
NoAyeBeardo
Posts: 261
Joined: June 16th, 2020, 12:38 pm
Location: A house, or a flat, or a [click to expand]

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by NoAyeBeardo »

wool
Not inactive any more! :D
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by BokaBB »

Gloves
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

snow

My first word here!
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Moosey »

sleet
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Moosey wrote: October 13th, 2020, 3:59 pmsleet
hail
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 13th, 2020, 5:23 pm hail
RCT (Since the rate of gliders increases exponentially, it eventually becomes a hailstorm of gliders.)
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 11:44 pmRCT (Since the rate of gliders increases exponentially, it eventually becomes a hailstorm of gliders.)
(I was tempted to type my username, but I'm not sure whether or not that counts as a word, so instead I shall type) reflector
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 13th, 2020, 11:52 pmreflector
//Heh, I chose RCT for a reason.
Cordership
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 11:54 pmCordership
Cordercolumn (the extruder for which I have probably spent at least two hours trying to find an appropriate conduit loop in order to make togglable)
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 13th, 2020, 11:56 pm Cordercolumn (the extruder for which I have probably spent at least two hours trying to find an appropriate conduit loop in order to make togglable)
Asymmetry
//Have you considered rephasing a blocker or putting eater 1s on the glider lanes?
//Most wicks require stabilization on both sides. This one only needs stabilization on one side.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 12:10 amAsymmetry
//Have you considered rephasing a blocker or putting eater 1s on the glider lanes?
//Most wicks require stabilization on both sides. This one only needs stabilization on one side.
Herschel (because it and three of its descendants are only one cell away from being rotationally symmetric)

(I don't know of an easy way to toggle fishhooks' eating function, and I didn't know that blockers could easily be rephased.)
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 14th, 2020, 12:14 amHerschel (because it and three of its descendants are only one cell away from being rotationally symmetric)

(I don't know of an easy way to toggle fishhooks, and I didn't know that blockers could easily be rephased.)
R-pentomino
//The R-pentomino is one cell away from being symmetric in at least five stages, or six if ancestors count.
//I don't know if blockers can be rephased. It's just a guess for a potential toggle.
EDIT: By toggling an eater 1, I mean destroying/rebuilding it entirely.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 12:18 amR-pentomino
//The R-pentomino is one cell away from being symmetric in at least five stages, or six if ancestors count.
//I don't know if blockers can be rephased. It's just a guess for a potential toggle.
EDIT: By toggling an eater 1, I mean destroying/rebuilding it entirely.
B-heptmino

I'd prefer to not destroy and rebuild fishhooks unless there's some convenient catalytic reaction requiring only one input signal that I can use instead of a glider synthesis.
I am tentatively considering myself back.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by BokaBB »

Polyomino
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

BokaBB wrote: October 14th, 2020, 6:06 am Polyomino
polyplet
I am tentatively considering myself back.
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Moosey »

polyferz
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Moosey wrote: October 14th, 2020, 9:20 ampolyferz
splice
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 14th, 2020, 9:38 amsplice
Math
//Math is used for interpolation which is sometimes used for splicing.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 9:39 amMath
//Math is used for interpolation which is sometimes used for splicing.
science

I may end up trying your method of creating and deleting a fishhook.
I am tentatively considering myself back.
User avatar
wzkchem5
Posts: 127
Joined: April 17th, 2020, 2:19 am
Location: Valles Marineris, Mars

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wzkchem5 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:03 am
wwei23 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 9:39 amMath
//Math is used for interpolation which is sometimes used for splicing.
science

I may end up trying your method of creating and deleting a fishhook.
pseudoscience
The Red Phoenix, The Yellow Phoenix, The Pink Phoenix And The Multicolored Phoenix
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wzkchem5 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:26 ampseudoscience
homeopathy
I am tentatively considering myself back.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by BokaBB »

Medicine
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

BokaBB wrote: October 14th, 2020, 11:06 am Medicine
doctor
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Locked