the sandbox thread owned by the user that can be referred to as either emmyaweosme or tommyaweosme, but only for now.

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

this one had a partial

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 36, rule = B34ai/S23-a6cInvestigator
42.A$40.A2.A$40.A$39.A2.A.A$38.4A2.A$.2A2.A32.3A.A$3A.A2.3A29.A2.A.A$
.2A.A32.4A2.2A$4.A2.A29.A2.2A.2A$5.A20.A10.2A$25.2A11.A3.A.2A$25.A.A9.
2A2$.2A9.2A$3A8.3A2.A.A$.2A9.2A2.2A$18.A4$10.2A$10.A$11.A.A10.2A$14.A
9.2A$13.2A9.2A$17.2A5.2A$16.A2.A4.2A$9.2A.A2.A.A.A4.2A$8.A2.2A2.A2.A$
8.2A6.2A2$20.3A$8.A$6.2A6.3A$8.2A5.3A$7.A!
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
Aleph
Posts: 2300
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: the randominity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by Aleph »

b-engine wrote: May 31st, 2024, 11:42 pm
wwei47 wrote: May 31st, 2024, 11:22 pm 1. That makes sense, though I wonder if it would be possible to pipe bruteforce results into "soup" searches (apgsearch stdin symmetry much?). Either way, shouldn't we split this into two separate search programs?
2. Normally I'd have hesitation with not uploading to Catagolue, but I'd imagine that this is intended for cases where Catagolue is unreachable.
3. I am also kind of concerned that it may be difficult to edit Scratch code simply because its feature set is so limited. I'd suggest snap.berkeley.edu as it appears to be "scratch but with a more complete feature set" but external tools like Turbowarp are probably lacking.
1. I think soup search could be applied into bruteforce searcher. However I don't think bruteforce could be applied to soup search...
2. Isn't Scratch unable to access any other websites? I have many workarounds.
3. Scratch is theorically Turing complete, isn't it? I've more knowledge to replace those unavailable features with the existing scripts.
1. I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to say here. However, I still think the bruteforce and soup search should be 2 different programs. But I also lean heavily towards modularization.
2. I don't think other websites are accessible via Scratch, but I'm saying that I'd only expect SLS to be used in situations where you couldn't access Catagolue anyways.
3. Turing-completeness means almost nothing. Look at things like BrainF and the infinite-tape version of Malbolge. Scratch is technically turing-complete, but that doesn't mean it's missing convenient features. Snap has those features while being very Scratch-like.
User avatar
b-engine
Posts: 3762
Joined: October 26th, 2023, 4:11 am
Location: Somewhere on where Earth At
Contact:

Re: the randominity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by b-engine »

wwei47 wrote: June 1st, 2024, 9:59 am 1. I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to say here. However, I still think the bruteforce and soup search should be 2 different programs. But I also lean heavily towards modularization.
2. I don't think other websites are accessible via Scratch, but I'm saying that I'd only expect SLS to be used in situations where you couldn't access Catagolue anyways.
3. Turing-completeness means almost nothing. Look at things like BrainF and the infinite-tape version of Malbolge. Scratch is technically turing-complete, but that doesn't mean it's missing convenient features. Snap has those features while being very Scratch-like.
1. I decide to mash bruteforce and soupsearch together in a program (however soup search will been implemented first)
2. And also if you want to soup search on ChromeOS.
3. I have lots of workarounds. Anyway, ScratchLifeSrc will never become SnapLifeSrc.

EDIT:
Finally...
This is what the soup generator produces.
This is what the soup generator produces.
Screenshot 2024-06-01 222952.png (535 Bytes) Viewed 1564 times
Last edited by b-engine on June 1st, 2024, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anivec
Posts: 2003
Joined: January 28th, 2022, 7:18 pm
Location: In 4.3 miles, take a right onto Exit 54

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by Anivec »

tommyaweosme wrote: May 31st, 2024, 11:07 pm

Code: Select all

talk hello there! whats your name?
ask
color 0000ff
talk hello there -answer-!
talk whats your favorite color? use hexcode!
ask
color -answer-
talk well thats great!
talk thanks for taking the time to talk to me
This is how you get all the girls.
User avatar
Aleph
Posts: 2300
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: the randominity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by Aleph »

b-engine wrote: June 1st, 2024, 10:04 am
wwei47 wrote: June 1st, 2024, 9:59 am 1. I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to say here. However, I still think the bruteforce and soup search should be 2 different programs. But I also lean heavily towards modularization.
2. I don't think other websites are accessible via Scratch, but I'm saying that I'd only expect SLS to be used in situations where you couldn't access Catagolue anyways.
3. Turing-completeness means almost nothing. Look at things like BrainF and the infinite-tape version of Malbolge. Scratch is technically turing-complete, but that doesn't mean it's missing convenient features. Snap has those features while being very Scratch-like.
1. I decide to mash bruteforce and soupsearch together in a program (however soup search will been implemented first)
2. And also if you want to soup search on ChromeOS.
3. I have lots of workarounds. Anyway, ScratchLifeSrc will never become SnapLifeSrc.
I have no other comments right now. I hope everything works out though.
AlbertArmStain wrote: June 1st, 2024, 10:10 am
tommyaweosme wrote: May 31st, 2024, 11:07 pm

Code: Select all

talk hello there! whats your name?
ask
color 0000ff
talk hello there -answer-!
talk whats your favorite color? use hexcode!
ask
color -answer-
talk well thats great!
talk thanks for taking the time to talk to me
This is how you get all the girls.
I have no idea what this means.
EDIT: Quotes have spontaneously broken themselves again!
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

b-engine wrote: June 1st, 2024, 10:04 am
wwei47 wrote: June 1st, 2024, 9:59 am 1. I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to say here. However, I still think the bruteforce and soup search should be 2 different programs. But I also lean heavily towards modularization.
2. I don't think other websites are accessible via Scratch, but I'm saying that I'd only expect SLS to be used in situations where you couldn't access Catagolue anyways.
3. Turing-completeness means almost nothing. Look at things like BrainF and the infinite-tape version of Malbolge. Scratch is technically turing-complete, but that doesn't mean it's missing convenient features. Snap has those features while being very Scratch-like.
1. I decide to mash bruteforce and soupsearch together in a program (however soup search will been implemented first)
2. And also if you want to soup search on ChromeOS.
3. I have lots of workarounds. Anyway, ScratchLifeSrc will never become SnapLifeSrc.

EDIT:
Finally...
Screenshot 2024-06-01 222952.png
aweosme! now all you need to implement is the ability to change the rule, isotropic rules, object finding, spaceship finding, brute force, and you will be done!
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
b-engine
Posts: 3762
Joined: October 26th, 2023, 4:11 am
Location: Somewhere on where Earth At
Contact:

Re: the randominity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by b-engine »

tommyaweosme wrote: June 1st, 2024, 10:37 am Aweosme! now all you need to implement is the ability to change the rule, isotropic rules, object finding, spaceship finding, brute force, and you will be done!
Urgent: ability to simulate rules
Easy: OCA, object/spaceship finding, soups
Hard: Brute force, INT
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

im about to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3k1Rt7ncco

edit: its because i have a scratch editor variant called penguin mod i can follow along
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

Screenshot 2024-06-01 12.13.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-01 12.13.42 PM.png (54.71 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
1. no, but you can make engines out of them
2. no, its not a still life
3. i dont think lego fortnite has gliders
hidden lore tinley be like.jpg
hidden lore tinley be like.jpg (4.99 KiB) Viewed 306 times
4. no
5. i guess? theres the cell that is diagonally Adjacent to the rest
6. how?
7. i dont think gliders can "land"
8. not into an obliqUe ship
9. no
Screenshot 2024-06-01 12.17.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-01 12.17.26 PM.png (63.68 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
1. what? gliders dont have wings?
2. no they dont
3. Gliders dont have tails
4. i told yoU they dont carry water
5. becauSe That way it can go diagonally easier without collapsing
6. gliders arent dogs
7. what do you mean? gliders are one of the smallest object in all of conways game of life, only being bigger than the blinker and block! and their aspect ratio is 1:1 (11)
8. they "fly" because they are in the right rule and are the right shape to fly
9. what do you mean? you only need 2 gliders to synthesize a glider.
Last edited by tommyaweosme on July 16th, 2025, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

rows from top to bottom:
small table catalysts
still lifes
period 2 oscillators
period 3 oscillators
period 4 oscillator
various spaceship speeds (c/2o, c/3o, c/4d)

Code: Select all

x = 47, y = 57, rule = B3/S234-kInvestigator
2O.O2.3O2.2O$14.2O$3A3.3A2.3A$A.A3.A.A2.A.A3$A.2A3.A.2A10.A.2A10.A.2A
3.A.A.A$2A.A3.2A.A10.2A2.A2.A.2A3.2A2.A2.2A.2A$3.2A5.2A2.A.2A6.2A2.2A
2.A4.A.A4.A$3.A3.2A.A3.2A2.A2.2A.A5.3A2.2A.A3.2A.2A$2.2A3.A.2A6.2A2.2A
.2A4.A4.2A.2A2.2A.2A3$6.A.A9.2A.2A2.2A$7.A5.A4.3A.A2.A$.A3.2A.2A4.2A3.
A.A4.A.A$.A5.A4.2A4.A.A8.A$.A4.A.A5.A3.2A8.2A3$2.A.2A5.A.A$.5A4.A.2A$
.A3.2A2.A.A2.2A$A.A.A.A2.2A2.A.A$.2A.2A4.4A$10.2A2.A$13.2A3$.2A7.2A.2A
$A.3A.A3.A.3A$.2A.3A$3.A7.A.2A$2.A.3A3.A3.A$2.A.A.A4.A.A$.2A.2A4.2A.2A
3$4.2A$2.3A3.2A$2.A2.4A$2.A5.2A8.2A$2.2A.A10.3A.A$5.A9.A13.2A$14.A2.2A
10.2A$15.A13.2A.A$16.3A.A10.A$18.2A2$7.2A$5.2A18.2A9.A$4.2A.3A13.2A10.
A$4.2A15.2A2.A9.3A$4.2A.3A11.3A$5.2A14.2A2.A$7.2A14.2A$25.2A!
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

haaaaaands wrote: October 8th, 2023, 6:50 am 2-time reflector

#does that even exist?
yes

Code: Select all

x = 55, y = 11, rule = Sticky
46.A.A$45.2A.A$45.A2.A$45.A2.A2.A$45.A6.A$45.A5.A$47.A.A$49.A3.A$BC19.
BC19.BC5.A4.A$45.A.2A4.A$46.A!
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

the photonilogue

Code: Select all

x = 21, y = 19, rule = sticky
21A$A12.4A3.A$A.10A4.A.A.A$A.A15.A.A$A.A.5A.2A4.A.A.A$A.A8.A6.A.A$A.6A
.A.A6.A.A$A8.A.A6.A.A$3A.A.2A.A.A6.A.A$A3.A.2A.A.A6.A.A$A.3A4.A.A6.A.
A$A3.8A6.A.A$3A.8A.6A.A$3A.8A8.A$3A.8A.8A$3A.17A2$3.C$3.B!
[[ STARS COLOR 1 white COLOR 2 purple COLOR 3 hotpink ]]
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

jeywakt life (b3/s234-jeywakt)

Post by tommyaweosme »

a cute lil rule called jeywakt life (also known as cinqrz life). the t-tetromino is a small infinite growth pattern

pattern collection:

Code: Select all

x = 50, y = 59, rule = B3/S234-jeywaktinvestigator
2.A6.A$5A2.5A2.O$A3.A2.A3.A4.A$.O7.O5.2A3$7.A5.A5.A6.2A5.A6.2A4.2A$5.
3A3.3A5.3A3.A2.A3.A.A4.A2.A3.A2.A$2.A2.A5.A2.2A5.A2.A.3A2.A.A.A2.A2.2A
2.2A.2A$3A3.A.A5.A3.A.A3.A.A5.A.A3.3A5.A$A6.2A4.2A3.2A5.2A6.A6.A4.2A3$
2.A15.A6.2A$A.A.A4.A8.3A4.A$.A.A3.A.A4.A6.A4.A.A$A.A.A3.A.A3.A3.2A2.A
6.A$2.A5.A5.A3.A2.2A5.2A3$A.A2.2A$3A.A.A$5.A$5A$.A.A$A3.A$2A.2A3$3.A2.
2A.A.A$.2A2.3A.2A$2A2.A.2A3.A$.2A3.2A11.2A$3.3A4.A6.2A$6.7A3.2A2.2A.2A
.A$11.A.A3.2A3.3A$6.4A9.3A5.A$3.3A4.4A8.4A.A$.2A3.A$2A2.A5.4A6.4A$.2A
2.A2.3A7.3A$3.A4.A2.A.A4.A2.A.A$8.5A5.5A$10.A9.A3$3.A2.A.A$.6A$.A2.A$
.3A3.A$3.4A2.A.A2E$5.8AE$13.E$5.8AE$3.4A2.A.A2E$.3A$.A2.A.A$.5A$3.A!
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

replit approved
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
Aleph
Posts: 2300
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by Aleph »

tommyaweosme wrote: June 1st, 2024, 6:09 pm replit approved
I think that it should be sufficient to make a repl in C or C++, then to just follow the instructions at https://conwaylife.com/wiki/Tutorials/C ... _Catagolue. Unfortunately, as I've pointed out, replit has a tendency to randomly kill running programs, so you'll need to restart apgsearch every now and then.
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

i used shell on python. i got 10k soups why is it telling me that i have too little? if anything i think i got too much
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
Aleph
Posts: 2300
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by Aleph »

tommyaweosme wrote: June 1st, 2024, 7:35 pm i used shell on python. i got 10k soups why is it telling me that i have too little? if anything i think i got too much
What rule?
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

b3458/s18. i dont want someone to search it for me. im running 10 million soups on it (or life, idk if i did it right) right now. im 80% done. i didnt use multiple processors at same time.
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
Aleph
Posts: 2300
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by Aleph »

tommyaweosme wrote: June 1st, 2024, 8:00 pm b3458/s18. i dont want someone to search it for me. im running 10 million soups on it (or life, idk if i did it right) right now. im 80% done. i didnt use multiple processors at same time.
What commands did you run?
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

./apgluxe -n 10000000 -k #anon --rule b3458s18

also my chromebook says "system ui not responding" over and over and its annoying me. i keep pressing wait but it keeps on popping up

edit: its because i had ten million tabs open. it searched life not b3458s18
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
H. H. P. M. P. Cole
Posts: 484
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 9:36 pm

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by H. H. P. M. P. Cole »

tommyaweosme wrote: June 1st, 2024, 8:08 pm ./apgluxe -n 10000000 -k #anon --rule b3458s18

also my chromebook says "system ui not responding" over and over and its annoying me. i keep pressing wait but it keeps on popping up

edit: its because i had ten million tabs open. it searched life not b3458s18
You should use:

Code: Select all

cd apgmera
./recompile.sh --rule b3458s18 --symmetry C1
./apgluxe -p 1 -n 10000000 -i 1 -k <your payosha key>
The p tells you how many cores you want to run the program on. (My computer has 8 cores, and I assume you only want to use 1 core.) the -i command tells you how many hauls to submit before terminating.

Also, well done for finally setting up apgsearch!
User avatar
Aleph
Posts: 2300
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by Aleph »

tommyaweosme wrote: June 1st, 2024, 8:08 pm it searched life not b3458s18
Makes sense. The lower limit for the number of soups in a haul is something like 100000 instead of 10000.
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

i got "no such file or directory" instead of the search i wanted
edit: i was impatient. i fixed it

i go under anonymous btw
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
tommyaweosme
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by tommyaweosme »

H. H. P. M. P. Cole wrote: June 1st, 2024, 8:11 pm Also, well done for finally setting up apgsearch!
thanks! i had no idea what i was doing. i was just copying (manually) onto a shell and then it worked and i could apgsearch stuff! im apgsearching skeleton stuck inside wall 10 hours at 20 million soups
here's the gosper glider gun

Code: Select all

#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!
User avatar
H. H. P. M. P. Cole
Posts: 484
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 9:36 pm

Re: the randominiminiminiminiminity of tommyaweosme's buried cavern tavern

Post by H. H. P. M. P. Cole »

tommyaweosme wrote: June 1st, 2024, 8:32 pm
H. H. P. M. P. Cole wrote: June 1st, 2024, 8:11 pm Also, well done for finally setting up apgsearch!
thanks! i had no idea what i was doing. i was just copying (manually) onto a shell and then it worked and i could apgsearch stuff! im apgsearching skeleton stuck inside wall 10 hours at 20 million soups
Skeleton stuck inside wall 10 hours is a little slow to apgsearch. Tell me how you fare with B3/S35, a much faster rule to apgsearch that still has small spaceships.
Post Reply