A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
x = 13, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
5.2A2.2A$5.C2.C.C$6.CA.C$7.C$5.C2.2ACA$5.CA.A3.C$6.C.A2.2A$6.C.2A$2A.
AC.C.C$A3.A.A2.C$.A2C2.C3.C$3.C.A5.A$4.A5.CA!
The torch of 5S has been passed on again, and is now managed by speedydelete. It can be found here. Also check out my program EPE, a tool for searching for patterns in various rulespaces.
x = 11, y = 11, rule = LifeHistory
2A$C2.C$2.2C$3.A.C$3.C.2AC$4.C3.C$5.A2.A$AC.A.C3.CA$CA.CA5.A$7.A2C$7.
C!
Thanks for the inspiration, dvgrn.
I'll hold off on submitting since people appear to still be working on the bump.
For reference, I also have a 47-cell solution to that one, although Gamedeziner's looks much more conducive to reduction in the top right:
x = 7, y = 5, rule = LifeHistory
A2.A.CA$4C.C$5.C$2A3.2A$2A!
The torch of 5S has been passed on again, and is now managed by speedydelete. It can be found here. Also check out my program EPE, a tool for searching for patterns in various rulespaces.
x = 7, y = 5, rule = LifeHistory
A2.A.CA$4C.C$5.C$2A3.2A$2A!
There actually is, though. I'm hoping someone finds a 15-cell solution, because I couldn't come up with one. Didn't use a search program, though, as requested.
x = 7, y = 5, rule = LifeHistory
A2.A.CA$4C.C$5.C$2.3A$2.A!
I won't ever say what exactly I get when using WLS for this, unless it is requested. Since Hdjensofjfnen requested that no one should use scripts, I will not reveal the patterns I found even upon others' request.
With that caveat in mind, I can confirm that this is an optimal solution. There is one more optimal solution (excluding flipping along the x-axis).
x = 7, y = 5, rule = LifeHistory
A2.A.CA$4C.C$5.C$2.3A$2.A!
I won't ever say what exactly I get when using WLS for this, unless it is requested. Since Hdjensofjfnen requested that no one should use scripts, I will not reveal the patterns I found even upon others' request.
With that caveat in mind, I can confirm that this is an optimal solution. There is one more optimal solution (excluding flipping along the x-axis).
x = 7, y = 5, rule = LifeHistory
A2.A.CA$4C.C$5.C$2.A.A$2.2A!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
x = 7, y = 5, rule = LifeHistory
A2.A.CA$4C.C$5.C$2.3A$2.A!
I won't ever say what exactly I get when using WLS for this, unless it is requested. Since Hdjensofjfnen requested that no one should use scripts, I will not reveal the patterns I found even upon others' request.
With that caveat in mind, I can confirm that this is an optimal solution. There is one more optimal solution (excluding flipping along the x-axis).
[Sniped by A for Awesome, whoops]
Yet Another Randomly-Generated Puzzle:
x = 16, y = 16, rule = LifeHistory
9.2A$9.2A2$7.ACA3C$3.2A.A4.C.A$2.A.C.2CA5.A$.A.C5.C5.A$2.C5.2C2.C2A$
7.C4.A$8.3AC2$.C8.AC$A.A7.AC$A2.C$.C.C$2.A!
The torch of 5S has been passed on again, and is now managed by speedydelete. It can be found here. Also check out my program EPE, a tool for searching for patterns in various rulespaces.
x = 9, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
3.C.C2$C3.C3.C$2.C3.C3$.C2.C2.C3$2.C3.C$C3.C3.C2$3.C.C!
The torch of 5S has been passed on again, and is now managed by speedydelete. It can be found here. Also check out my program EPE, a tool for searching for patterns in various rulespaces.