LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
Post Reply
User avatar
Macbi
Posts: 919
Joined: March 29th, 2009, 4:58 am
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Macbi »

Can someone add me as "trusted" on the wiki? Apparently I've made edits before, but that must have been before the Spam Nation attacked.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12036
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by dvgrn »

Macbi wrote:Can someone add me as "trusted" on the wiki? Apparently I've made edits before, but that must have been before the Spam Nation attacked.
Done!
onit
Posts: 1
Joined: June 24th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by onit »

Woah spam really seems to be an issue here. Yo can someone add me as trusted on wiki? It would be greatly appreciated!
User avatar
Apple Bottom
Posts: 1034
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 2:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Apple Bottom »

onit wrote:Woah spam really seems to be an issue here. Yo can someone add me as trusted on wiki? It would be greatly appreciated!
Done!
If you speak, your speech must be better than your silence would have been. — Arabian proverb

Catagolue: Apple Bottom • Life Wiki: Apple Bottom • Twitter: @_AppleBottom_

Proud member of the Pattern Raiders!
User avatar
xanman12321
Posts: 12
Joined: June 19th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by xanman12321 »

may someone add me to trusted? my wiki username is digitalcross (because apparently i already signed up as xanman12321 there and i cant remember my passWORD)
nothing to see here
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12036
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by dvgrn »

xanman12321 wrote:may someone add me to trusted? my wiki username is digitalcross (because apparently i already signed up as xanman12321 there and i cant remember my passWORD)
Done! "DigitalCross" not "digitalcross", though -- case sensitivity is definitely a thing on the LifeWiki.
Cytote
Posts: 1
Joined: July 26th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Cytote »

May I be trusted on the lifewiki? my username on the wiki is cytote.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12036
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by dvgrn »

Cytote wrote:May I be trusted on the lifewiki? my username on the wiki is cytote.
Done!
keenanpepper
Posts: 1
Joined: September 6th, 2018, 5:15 pm

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by keenanpepper »

Can I has trusted plz?

My user name on the wiki is Keenan Pepper.

Just wanted to add a column to the catagolue most common objects table saying what kind of object it is (still life, oscillator, spaceship, etc.).
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12036
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by dvgrn »

keenanpepper wrote:Can I has trusted plz?
Done!
PkmnQ
Posts: 1140
Joined: September 24th, 2018, 6:35 am
Location: Server antipode

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by PkmnQ »

Can someone give me the trusted flag?
I already have "PkmnQ" registered, but then i forgot the password to it, and I didn't even get permission yet.
So the account I'm asking for is "PkmnQuantum".

It's just in case I want to edit something.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12036
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by dvgrn »

PkmnQ wrote:Can someone give me the trusted flag?
I already have "PkmnQ" registered, but then i forgot the password to it, and I didn't even get permission yet.
So the account I'm asking for is "PkmnQuantum".

It's just in case I want to edit something.
Done!
EdPeggJr
Posts: 9
Joined: September 27th, 2018, 3:31 pm

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by EdPeggJr »

May I be trusted?
http://conwaylife.com/wiki/P246_gun
Was discovered by Dave Buckingham in June 1996.
But is listed as discovered by Bill Gosper in 1970.
EdPeggJr
Posts: 9
Joined: September 27th, 2018, 3:31 pm

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by EdPeggJr »

What is the material at the bottom of http://conwaylife.com/wiki/R64 there for? Isn't just the Herschel and four blocks needed?
User avatar
praosylen
Posts: 2449
Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by praosylen »

EdPeggJr wrote:What is the material at the bottom of http://conwaylife.com/wiki/R64 there for? Isn't just the Herschel and four blocks needed?
It's needed to eat the first natural glider of the formed Herschel. If you open the LifeViewer, click the reset button once, and then play it, the pattern will run for enough time to show it in action.
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)

The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
EdPeggJr
Posts: 9
Joined: September 27th, 2018, 3:31 pm

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by EdPeggJr »

A for awesome wrote:
EdPeggJr wrote:What is the material at the bottom of http://conwaylife.com/wiki/R64 there for? Isn't just the Herschel and four blocks needed?
It's needed to eat the first natural glider of the formed Herschel. If you open the LifeViewer, click the reset button once, and then play it, the pattern will run for enough time to show it in action.
I see the glider escaping when I run it.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
Posts: 467
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Redstoneboi »

EdPeggJr wrote:
A for awesome wrote:
EdPeggJr wrote:What is the material at the bottom of http://conwaylife.com/wiki/R64 there for? Isn't just the Herschel and four blocks needed?
It's needed to eat the first natural glider of the formed Herschel. If you open the LifeViewer, click the reset button once, and then play it, the pattern will run for enough time to show it in action.
I see the glider escaping when I run it.
you’re probably talking about the input herschel’s fng, the large eater5 variant is for the output herschel’s fng.
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12036
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by dvgrn »

EdPeggJr wrote:May I be trusted?
Done! And welcome to the forums (and wiki).
EdPeggJr wrote:http://conwaylife.com/wiki/P246_gun
Was discovered by Dave Buckingham in June 1996.
But is listed as discovered by Bill Gosper in 1970.
Thanks! That's a recent mistake of mine, from finishing up the import of material from Life Lexicon Release 29, and forgetting to update the infobox template properly. I guess I'll leave it for you to patch as a test of your newfound wikipowers -- thanks again for noticing the problem.

... I'd ask if you have any interest in a few new Conway's Life prize details for the mathpuzzle.com Prize Page, but it looks as if it's been several years since mathpuzzle.com has gotten any updates. It's still an amazing archival collection of miscellaneous mathematics, though -- any plans to start it back up again at some point?
User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
Posts: 247
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Entity Valkyrie »

I am trusted and I am a life enthusiast. Please allow me to edit LifeWiki.
User avatar
Apple Bottom
Posts: 1034
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 2:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Apple Bottom »

Entity Valkyrie wrote:I am trusted and I am a life enthusiast. Please allow me to edit LifeWiki.
Done!
If you speak, your speech must be better than your silence would have been. — Arabian proverb

Catagolue: Apple Bottom • Life Wiki: Apple Bottom • Twitter: @_AppleBottom_

Proud member of the Pattern Raiders!
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1249
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by gameoflifemaniac »

Apple Bottom wrote:
Entity Valkyrie wrote:I am trusted and I am a life enthusiast. Please allow me to edit LifeWiki.
Done!
You're a moderator on LifeWiki since you can add people to the trusted list?
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Code: Select all

b4o25bo$o29bo$b3o3b3o2bob2o2bob2o2bo3bobo$4bobo3bob2o2bob2o2bobo3bobo$
4bobo3bobo5bo5bo3bobo$o3bobo3bobo5bo6b4o$b3o3b3o2bo5bo9bobo$24b4o!
User avatar
Apple Bottom
Posts: 1034
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 2:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Apple Bottom »

gameoflifemaniac wrote:You're a moderator on LifeWiki since you can add people to the trusted list?
Yes, in fact --- not that I have much time to spend on the wiki these days, mind...
If you speak, your speech must be better than your silence would have been. — Arabian proverb

Catagolue: Apple Bottom • Life Wiki: Apple Bottom • Twitter: @_AppleBottom_

Proud member of the Pattern Raiders!
JoshM
Posts: 264
Joined: July 12th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by JoshM »

can i have trusted?

edit: name is JoshM

Code: Select all

x = 20, y = 10, rule = B37/S2-i34q
11o8bo$10b2o6b2o$10bobo4bobo$10bo2bo2bo2bo$2bo7bo3b2o3bo$2bo7bo8bo$2bo
7bo8bo$3bo6bo8bo$4bo5bo8bo$5b6o8bo!
User avatar
Apple Bottom
Posts: 1034
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 2:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Apple Bottom »

JoshM wrote:can i have trusted?
Done!
If you speak, your speech must be better than your silence would have been. — Arabian proverb

Catagolue: Apple Bottom • Life Wiki: Apple Bottom • Twitter: @_AppleBottom_

Proud member of the Pattern Raiders!
User avatar
Ian07
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: Pennsylvania, US

Re: Massive spam attacks on the wiki (and forums?)

Post by Ian07 »

Just made a wiki account, could I please have edit permissions? Username is Ian07.
Wiki: http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/User:Ian07
Discord: lan07 (yes, that's a lowercase L)

xs24_69bobjob96
Post Reply