A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Naszvadi wrote:Someone please help me finding a post with a small pattern that evolves an infinite growing circle-shape with almost-1 density. As I was recalling, it has a life-like rulestring. But I might be wrong.
x = 32, y = 32, rule = B34678/S4678
5o2b3ob3o2b7ob4ob3o$2obo2b10obob4obo4b3o$bo2b10o3b4ob10o$3ob3ob3ob2ob
3obob6ob4o$ob11o2bob6obob3o2bo$2b5obo2b3o2b5ob2obob4o$2ob2ob8obob2ob4o
b2ob2o$2bob3o2bobobo3bo4bobobob4o$ob9ob9obob3ob2o$b2o2b2ob4obob5ob2ob
7o$obo3b2ob13o2b7o$4ob4o2b5o2b2ob10o$3obob7o2b3obob3o2b6o$ob4o2b5o2bob
4ob7obo$b5ob4o3b10obo2bob2o$5obo3b2ob3o2b4o2b2obob3o$b6ob6ob9ob7o$obob
ob6ob2ob2o2b5ob2ob3o$ob3ob4ob4ob3ob2ob9o$b9ob3ob5o2bo2b6o$14ob5ob3obob
3obo$bob2ob3ob2obob8ob8o$5o2b6ob7ob3ob4o$6ob4ob5ob9o2b2o$b7obo4b2obo2b
2ob6ob2o$o3b6ob4ob7o2b7o$7o2b2ob3ob3o3bo2b5o$2ob2ob4o2b9ob4o3b3o$4o2bo
2bob3o2bo2b2obob3obobo$bobob14ob5ob3ob2o$24obob5o$7ob7o3bob2ob2o3bob2o
!
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
wwei23 wrote:Lol, I found this post on MBMS Discord:
9C2E2442-11C2-4BFF-A454-1DE9E41135F3.jpeg
Danny
Dad NY
Dad Ay
Dad a
Dad
Sad
Sap
Sip
Sit
Sift
Shift
Shifu
Danny is now only 11 mutations from Master Shifu.
Danny
Dad NY
Dad Ay
Dad a
Dad
Sad
Sat
Sit
Sift
Shift
Shifu
No, 10 mutations.
I think the "mutations" represents the hamming distance between 2 words, assuming inserting a letter and adding space bars don't count.
Also, if each "mutation" doesn't have to be a real word:
Danny
Sanny
Shnny
Shiny
Shify
Shifu
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
wwei23 wrote:I mean adding and deleting letters counts, spaces don’t, and changing letters do. You have to keep everything valid words/acronyms.
Challenge accepted.
0 Danny
1 Dandy
2 Sandy
3 Sand
4 Sad
5 Sat
6 Sit
7 Sift
8 Shift
9 Shifu
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.