Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
NNlk05
Posts: 746
Joined: January 14th, 2026, 8:42 pm
Location: Exploring in the Jungle of the INT Rulespace
Contact:

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by NNlk05 »

MDA wrote: September 25th, 2026, 10:51 am There is one non-spam user in that screenshot (lk050807 #2).
Ha. My old alt when I forgot my password...
(Page 40)
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes.

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 3, rule = B34twz/S23
b2o4b2o$obo4bobo$2bo4bo!
[[ AUTOSTART AUTOHIDEGUI TRACK 0 -47/270 ZOOM 4 GPS 45 STEP 3 THEME BOOK ]]
https://nnlk05.github.io

=3
User avatar
synperiplanar
Posts: 280
Joined: February 22nd, 2023, 4:01 pm
Location: nowhere but also everywhere (uncertainty principle)

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by synperiplanar »

is there a Sandbox game where someone posts a pattern and you have to find a parent of it in B3/S23?
  • playing unhealthy amounts of item asylum
  • learning a new keyboard layout (seht-drai)
  • actually trying to beat rain world
User avatar
NNlk05
Posts: 746
Joined: January 14th, 2026, 8:42 pm
Location: Exploring in the Jungle of the INT Rulespace
Contact:

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by NNlk05 »

synperiplanar wrote: September 25th, 2026, 8:53 pm is there a Sandbox game where someone posts a pattern and you have to find a parent of it in B3/S23?
No. I don't think so.
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes.

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 3, rule = B34twz/S23
b2o4b2o$obo4bobo$2bo4bo!
[[ AUTOSTART AUTOHIDEGUI TRACK 0 -47/270 ZOOM 4 GPS 45 STEP 3 THEME BOOK ]]
https://nnlk05.github.io

=3
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 353
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

synperiplanar wrote: September 25th, 2026, 8:53 pm is there a Sandbox game where someone posts a pattern and you have to find a parent of it in B3/S23?
Even if there was, it wouldn't work because programs like LLS can find parents quickly, and there isn't any actual way to tell if someone used a program or not to find the parent.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
User avatar
synperiplanar
Posts: 280
Joined: February 22nd, 2023, 4:01 pm
Location: nowhere but also everywhere (uncertainty principle)

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by synperiplanar »

TheWayOfTheCon wrote: September 25th, 2026, 10:00 pm Even if there was, it wouldn't work because programs like LLS can find parents quickly, and there isn't any actual way to tell if someone used a program or not to find the parent.
i wouldnt mind
  • playing unhealthy amounts of item asylum
  • learning a new keyboard layout (seht-drai)
  • actually trying to beat rain world
User avatar
NNlk05
Posts: 746
Joined: January 14th, 2026, 8:42 pm
Location: Exploring in the Jungle of the INT Rulespace
Contact:

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by NNlk05 »

KittyTac wrote: December 22nd, 2017, 9:38 pm Why didn't Life-like cellular automata get invented much earlier? The rules are incredibly simple, and it doesn't need computers to play.
This is a really good question that I want to bring up again (mostly because I've been wondering the same thing). I half-expect we'll find a medieval scroll with a drawing of a glider sometime or another. Anyone with pieces and the idea of B3/S23 should be able to get as far as JHC et al. Moreover, the laws of CA are consistent throughout the universe. So we may receive a radio message containing a (13, 7)c/42 in CGoL...
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes.

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 3, rule = B34twz/S23
b2o4b2o$obo4bobo$2bo4bo!
[[ AUTOSTART AUTOHIDEGUI TRACK 0 -47/270 ZOOM 4 GPS 45 STEP 3 THEME BOOK ]]
https://nnlk05.github.io

=3
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4651
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

synperiplanar wrote: September 25th, 2026, 8:53 pm is there a Sandbox game where someone posts a pattern and you have to find a parent of it in B3/S23?
Does this count?
106 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
synperiplanar
Posts: 280
Joined: February 22nd, 2023, 4:01 pm
Location: nowhere but also everywhere (uncertainty principle)

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by synperiplanar »

hotcrystal0 wrote: September 26th, 2026, 9:04 pm Does this count?
i would prefer that it's not a chain of endless predecessors (it gets out of hand pretty quickly)
  • playing unhealthy amounts of item asylum
  • learning a new keyboard layout (seht-drai)
  • actually trying to beat rain world
User avatar
J5L
Posts: 85
Joined: July 31st, 2026, 8:53 am
Location: In the world of 5S

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by J5L »

When i was trying to complete the p17 pentadecathlon hassler, I was thinking of a true p17 gun. It doesn't exist though. But i need a pseudo period p17 gun because the p17 corner dot sparker doesn't work because of 2 blocks interacting and the pip from phase 12 interacts with one of the eaters. I do not know why I thought about a true p17 gun.
:( :( :(
JayFiveEll.
Trying to complete the p17 pentadecathlon rephasal partial.
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2290
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by hotdogPi »

User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
User avatar
Aleph
Moderator
Posts: 2310
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by Aleph »

I have been using Golly for I believe over a decade now, and it is only today that I learned that you can press F2 through F7 to draw/pick color/select/move/zoom in/zoom out. In the past, I would just spam "c" until it cycled to the right tool, or click the button. :skull:
User avatar
hibiscus
Posts: 447
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 3:30 am

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by hibiscus »

The central portion of the mibombehemoth
mibombehemothcenter.png
mibombehemothcenter.png (239.54 KiB) Viewed 190 times

Code: Select all

#C [[ ZOOM 8 TRACK -3/87 -1/87 ]]
x = 4, y = 5, rule = B35ay/S2-i3-e4ey5j
2bo$b2o$2obo$bobo$2b2o!
1044.
https://genevei.github.io/kitagolue.html
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 353
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

It's not exactly the time of year or the season, but I discovered this, and I really like it, so I'm going to show it to you anyway.

Code: Select all

#C WILL COVER YOUR WHOLE SCREEN
x = 283, y = 33, rule = B/S
132b4o$129b3o4bo$128bo7b2o$127bo10b2o$127bo12b2o$126bo14bo$126bo14bo$
125bo15bo$124b2o16bo$123bo19bo$121b3o19b2o$120b2o23bo98bo$120bo25bo96b
3o$119bo26b2o92b3o2b2o$119bo27bo90b2o6b2o$118bo28b2o88b2o8b2o$117bo30b
2o86bo11b5o$116bo33bo84bo16b8o$114b2o34b2o82b2o23b3o$114bo37b2o79b2o26b
3o$113bo39b4o76bo30b2o$112bo43b2o74bo32bo$24b8o78b3o45b2o57b4o11bo33b
o$20b4o8b3o12b5o57b2o48b3o51b5o3b5o5b2o34bo$18b2o15b5o2b5o4bo56b2o52b
o49b2o11bo3b2o36b2o$17bo22b2o10b3o50b3o54b2o46b2o13b5o38b2o$14b3o37b5o
43b3o58b2o45bo58b2o$12b2o45b17o24b2o63b3o41b2o60b2o$10b2o64b3o20b2o67b
28o3b11o62b3o$6b4o68bo19b2o95b6o73b8o$2b4o72b4o14b2o184bo$2o79b3o8b4o
$84b9o!
#C [[ SNOW COLOR BACKGROUND 100 100 200 COLOR ALIVE 230 230 230 X -1 Y -10 ZOOM 5 POPUPWIDTH 1480 POPUPHEIGHT 605 ]]
Just watch as the snow falls down and covers the "landscape".
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
User avatar
MDA
Posts: 283
Joined: June 8th, 2026, 12:18 pm
Location: In Haven (B3-ry4acenqt5eir6-ek/S2-a3-a4nq5aeknr6-ak)
Contact:

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions

Post by MDA »

MDA wrote: September 23rd, 2026, 9:40 am The two most recent users have spam pages listed as their websites. […]

[…]
Some problems with spam again. The two users in question are MaritimeBarry and autoactivepaul.
My website (a database of Life objects, WIP).
GlidINT has been released!
Currently working on a forum system for my website.

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 17, rule = B3-ry4acenqt5eir6-ek/S2-a3-a4nq5aeknr6-akHistory
C$2C$.2C$2C11$.3D$3.D$2.3D!
[[ STOP 72 ]]
Post Reply